BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
E82blu
Rep
Drives: 128i Montege Blue Metallic

Speakers/USB/CD Player not working

I have a 2008 128i and I usually have the radio or USB on. Recently I tried to play songs off my USB key and it said "Insert USB" even though it was already plugged in. I tried to play a CD and it still says "Insert CD". Then a week later now, even my radio is not working. It is still displaying all the channels and the song/radio station names but there is no sound. I think there is something wrong with the speakers? I tried connecting my phone through bluetooth to make a call and it is not working but the phone is connected.

HELP I couldn't get an appointment at the dealer until January 5, 2012!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
mandrayu
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E87 130i M sport & E82 135i

I have a similar problem, all of the sudden audio (radio, parking system, dings, etc, etc,) went mute, can't make it work, radio look to work fine but no audio and the other thing is that the system is not recognizing the bluetooth module anymore; so now no audio and no bluetooth (no phone, no nothing).

Went to BMW dealer they told me that I have to replace the Harman Logic 7 amplifier and the bluetooth module but some how I don't trust this guys.

Maybe your problem could be related to mine, I'm searching similar post but can't find any I'll let you know if i fund something

My car is a 130i M Sport 2007
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

My 130i sometimes does this as well, the radio shuts off all audio from any source, I if turn the car off and let it rest it works when I come back, does any one have any idea what is it? It seems the problem is the head unit itself, I just replaced my original one with one from a newer e90 as my old unit was having display issues on the hot, now I have this other issue
Appreciate 0