BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #199
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Guys, I did talk to Kirk yesterday. They were really busy yesterday catching up from missing 3 work days. I assure you that every thing is fine and he will take care of us soon

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #200
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: aw 135i m sport

This might make me sound like a super d-bag but whatever...I don't buy that excuse, both Chris and Kirk posted all kinds on the e90 forum. And to update your list, I'm no longer willing to pay full amount. I stated that a while back but you probably missed it. If it's half I'd stay in but not full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignico_05 View Post
After watching the video a few times and thinking about it, I'm just going to wait till HPF officially releases this exhaust. I mean where going to have wait either way but instead of paying the full amount upfront, I pay when I decide. I personally think that's the best option for me right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #201
Mr. Nice
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
This might make me sound like a super d-bag but whatever...I don't buy that excuse, both Chris and Kirk posted all kinds on the e90 forum. And to update your list, I'm no longer willing to pay full amount. I stated that a while back but you probably missed it. If it's half I'd stay in but not full.
so did you even email Kirk or what?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #202
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice View Post
so did you even email Kirk or what?
No actually, I'm waiting for an update. There's no point of giving all my info if I won't be in. If he replied to everyone's email then I apologize for my comment above.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #203
Mr. Nice
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
If everyone emails him, like he asked, I'm sure it would be easier for him to provide an update as to what they can do.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #204
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep

emailed
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #205
SPB PELICAN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

yea I really don't mean to sounds like a d-bag too, and I'm in for half payment now and later. But kirk, you need to make this go faster. I don't want to wait even longer for an exhaust that is going to already take a ridiculous 4 months to make. Its been 4 days since I've emailed you and still have gotten nothing back. I'd appreciate it if you could start showing us (the people paying you a massive amount of money) a little more respect.
      01-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #206
Mr. Nice
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Guys, there is no market for this exhaust, its taken months to even get five people interested, you have to realize this is not up there on their priority list. They are doing big things for the n54 right now, with their main focus being on their single turbo kit, which is awesome. Please be patient. Besides we all live in cold weather climates, salt is all over the ground, snow is on its way, you guys probably won't want to put this on anytime soon. I won't even be pulling my car out of storage for another three months. It will be worth the wait. Kirk will get back to us soon. He originally needed 10 people with half now, half later, and there was not enough interest, if they can work something out for us with only myself and Black Sheep willing to pay in full up front then they are really going above and beyond to help us out.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #207
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice
Guys, there is no market for this exhaust, its taken months to even get five people interested, you have to realize this is not up there on their priority list. They are doing big things for the n54 right now, with their main focus being on their single turbo kit, which is awesome. Please be patient. Besides we all live in cold weather climates, salt is all over the ground, snow is on its way, you guys probably won't want to put this on anytime soon. I won't even be pulling my car out of storage for another three months. It will be worth the wait. Kirk will get back to us soon. He originally needed 10 people with half now, half later, and there was not enough interest, if they can work something out for us with only myself and Black Sheep willing to pay in full up front then they are really going above and beyond to help us out.
Your absolutely right but it would be nice to get an update because it seems that people get impatient when they're ignored, makes them feel unimportant or at least that's how I feel. But hpf is definitely doing us and the n54 community a favor.

Last edited by bignico_05; 01-04-2012 at 11:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #208
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Guys, you have to remembe this is a person with a business that cant always log on, check PMs everyday and give an update to something thats no even worth going after. Dont feel like this is the only forum this is happening to. Every forum on the interwebz has this issue. They are running a business and are trying to run it the best the can, with people actually buying stuff from them day to day, face to face or on their website. Those people actually take priority over this. I know it sucks but this is the way it goes. He's not the bad guy, he's just trying to run with business the best he can. But I see some of you cant understand this. If you can get a PM replied to, then I guess try calling.

If he needs 15 people to do this then I suggest the people wanting this product at a lower price because of the Group Buy actually find 15+ people to do this. Then make sure they wont back out and get with Kirk.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #209
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep

I agree with everyone because we're all right in a way. Sure we're not first priority but what separates a good business with a great business is being able to take care of all customers evenly and make the little guy feel just as important as the big guy. Plus when they do decide to get this started, they're going to expect us to pay in advance. Which I don't know about you guys, but I would like to receive great service then. If your giving top notch service at the guy that's walking in and picking up a product on the spot. You also have to give top notch service at the guy willing to pay you over a thousand dollars four months before he receives his product. Don't ignore that guy.

Last edited by bignico_05; 01-05-2012 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #210
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

can someone at HPF measure the reduced ground clearance as a result of the spacers? i know its probably minor but for those on lowered setups, every bit counts. thanks.
      01-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #211
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
can someone at HPF measure the reduced ground clearance as a result of the spacers? i know its probably minor but for those on lowered setups, every bit counts. thanks.
Chances are your going to wait a long time for the answer my friend.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #212
dcho
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Chances are your going to wait a long time for the answer my friend.
i know. i'm in no rush though. price and timing aside, this is one of my main concerns with the system. o well.
      01-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #213
HPF Kirk
Private
Rep
Drives: EKCivic

Wow guys so sorry! Finishing up everything right now and emailing invoices. With the Holiday weekend it had us buried. So just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

1) We will have our production prototype here to test fit before we do the production run in 4 weeks then we will be sending it back and expecting the first batch (which will go out to you guys of course ) in about 8 weeks.

2) Shipping usually needs to be done to the billing address to avoid billing complications, we can make it happen just need to fill out a form.

3) I'm going to send each of one of you a T-Shirt as well so I need to know what size.

4) Burnt Titanium Tips or "Original" Non-Burnt?

5) I need at least a few to pay in full so those that can I will throw in one of our banners for those that can go the extra mile for everyone else.

* Height: 27" in
* Width: 72" in
* Material: Vinyl with gloss clear coat
* Other: 4 corner grommets - Sewn edges

Thank everyone for their patience and I will have this wrapped up for you guys today and I promise it will be worth the wait!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #214
HPF Kirk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Actually this is a pretty easy question to answer considering I know the thickness of the spacers

The first time around we only used 1 spacer each in location.. There are 4 spacers used on the the under brace and are 5/16" thick so you would lose about that much clearance where the underbrace bolts to the center of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #215
SPB PELICAN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kirk View Post
Wow guys so sorry! Finishing up everything right now and emailing invoices. With the Holiday weekend it had us buried. So just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

1) We will have our production prototype here to test fit before we do the production run in 4 weeks then we will be sending it back and expecting the first batch (which will go out to you guys of course ) in about 8 weeks.

2) Shipping usually needs to be done to the billing address to avoid billing complications, we can make it happen just need to fill out a form.

3) I'm going to send each of one of you a T-Shirt as well so I need to know what size.

4) Burnt Titanium Tips or "Original" Non-Burnt?

5) I need at least a few to pay in full so those that can I will throw in one of our banners for those that can go the extra mile for everyone else.

* Height: 27" in
* Width: 72" in
* Material: Vinyl with gloss clear coat
* Other: 4 corner grommets - Sewn edges

Thank everyone for their patience and I will have this wrapped up for you guys today and I promise it will be worth the wait!
Thanks Kirk, ill reply to your email once I get a little bit less busy today. And ill take the burnt tips, medium shirt.
      01-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #216
dcho
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Actually this is a pretty easy question to answer considering I know the thickness of the spacers

The first time around we only used 1 spacer each in location.. There are 4 spacers used on the the under brace and are 5/16" thick so you would lose about that much clearance where the underbrace bolts to the center of the vehicle.
NOOOOOOOOO 5/16ths!!! (whew) okay very good thank you! To clarify, are you implying additional spacers were used afterwards? If so, what for?

Thanks Kirk.
      01-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #217
bignico_05
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ok I'll take one for the team, I'll jump back in at full payment. No offense, as big as a fan I am, I don't want the banner. And I'm a large. I'll email you later on with more info.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #218
HPF Kirk
Private
Rep

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOO 5/16ths!!! (whew) okay very good thank you! To clarify, are you implying additional spacers were used afterwards? If so, what for?

Thanks Kirk.
I say first time only because we only had to use 1 spacer on the 335i exhaust on our hand built system just like the 1 series, but when we got it in we needed to use 2 spacers which bumped it up to 5/8 inch but that is only where the under brace attaches to the center mounting point. Let me know if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #219
HPF Kirk
Private
Rep

Update!

Mr. Nice - Good to go!
Black Sheep - Good to go!
SPB Pelican - Good to go!
BigNico - Waiting on shipping info..
Rico - Waiting on email

I do have an email from a Marshall in my inbox from Guam I dont know if he is Rico but waiting to hear back from him.

Once I have confirmation from each individual they are committed I will start invoicing these things and we can finally get this show on the road!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #220
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Update!

Mr. Nice - Good to go!
Black Sheep - Good to go!
SPB Pelican - Good to go!
BigNico - Waiting on shipping info..
Rico - Waiting on email

I do have an email from a Marshall in my inbox from Guam I dont know if he is Rico but waiting to hear back from him.

Once I have confirmation from each individual they are committed I will start invoicing these things and we can finally get this show on the road!

Everyone else get your emails in

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0