BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
forevermirin135i
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i w/ m sport package

List of maintenance items I need to get done for '08 135i. help with prioritizing?

Okay so I'm going to list the things I need to get done.

I'll try to list them in the order of priority and let me know what items I should group together.

1. Valve cover gasket + replacement bolts (for leaking valve cover gasket)

2. new oil level sensor (sensor stopped reading always giving the low warning) + oil change?

3. Water pump + thermostat replacement (preventative maintenance for appraoching 60k miles)

4.Power steering fluid change + new fluid reservoir

5. Spark plugs

6. 2 new vanos solenoids

I'm assuming I can throw the spark plugs in while getting the valve cover gasket leak fixed.

Are there any other seals or anything I should get while having my mechanic do the valve cover gasket leak for me? I keep seeing stuff on e90 post about the eccentric shaft seal and possibly oil filter housing as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
DSSG
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M Sport

I'd throw away that list and wait until something breaks.

Take the water pump for example, it could last forever or break tomorrow. The same thing for the VANOS solenoids. The car will let you know when it needs attention.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

The eccentric shaft seal might be needed... Depends on how careful the mechanic is with taking off the valve cover and putting it back on. I do recommend the valvetronic motor seal. I think that's what it is called. That one has to come off to remove the cover so you probably want to replace that gasket. It's cheap.
Appreciate 0