BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Hey Guys,

Last week I was in München. So I first went to BMW Welt and then the Oktoberfest. I am busying making a O-fest tour, but thought I would post these updated pics of the leather interior of the 1er.

Most all of the cars are locked at the WELT, unless the attendant unlocks teh car for you. But this 123d is always open and un attanded. So it see alot of people getting in and out of it.

While I was at the Welt I took a closer look at that driver's seat on that 123d. I was kind of shocked to see the same car there on display. Actually most of teh cars that were there in the Spring were still there. lol The following pics aren't pretty... but could be of interest to our forum.

sorry to make you all look at these pics.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

After 2+ years and 30,000 miles, my Coral Red leather still looks like new. While a few black marks were caused by my wife's seatbelt on a recent trip, they came out pretty easily with a damp cloth and then Zymol Treat. The Zymol is applied every 3 months - along with Gummi Pflege to protect the rubber seals around the top.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #25
gnat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Wishing for an e30iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
sorry to make you all look at these pics.
I think they are pretty useful. The pictures tell me that the seats have been abused (the lower side bolsters), but the color is still good and not showing signs of horrible dirt/stains. As far as the state of the bolsters, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be the same with any of the colors.

Looks like a reasonable amount of care (even for a lazy bastard like me) should keep them up well.

At least that's my hope since I've already ordered mine
Appreciate 0