BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
dcbrown1
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i w/pp kit

N54 Recall HDP Programming w/ Power Performance Package

Just had my car in for the high pressure fuel pump recall, injectors, etc. Part of this involved re-programming "using ISTA/P 41.2 programmed with CAS"...whatever that means. I have the BMW Power Performance engine package which includes re-programming to increase boost, etc. I'm wondering if my performance upgrade was wiped out with the re-program. I have a call into the dealer, but am looking for any additional insight. Thoughts? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
baylor1er
Sic 'Em Bears
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe Blk on Blk

First, does the car feel like it has the same amount of power or does it feel stock?
If the car feels the same as before or more responsive, then you have nothing to worry about.
If it feels slower, than get with BMW. I don't believe it would have messed with the power performance programing however if it did, BMW should be able to reinstall it for no charge since they are the ones who originally supplied the upgrade.

6AT/Sport Package; BMS JB4 Map5; Custom Exhaust; Eibach Pro Street Springs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNzG9ghq3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgL7yTJOd0c
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

When your car was programmed with the "performance Package" its " VO(vehicle order) was also changed to let everyone i.e. the computer know that you hve it. It will not be erased.

41.2 is the lates level of softwear that the dealer has for there programming station ( that is not the same as the softwer level that has been put into your car )

ISTA/P is the acronym for the programming station / system used to actually program our little gems..
      04-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

The PPK install records your VIN. So when you get any (subsequent) SW updates you will get the PPK version. That said... I think BMW new SW keeps the wastgates open at idle and just off idle - to reduce any ticking or wastegate noises. This causes teh so called: "lag" issue that many people here have reported.

I just had my N54's (stock no tune) SW updated last week. I am not so happy with the performance. That "crack" or "whip" you got when you opened the throttle ever so slightly is gone. Now you really have to give the engine 1/2 or more to get some response from the. It is not that noticeable IF you are a smooth driver who never jumps on the throttle. I really wish I did not get this latest SW update.

But I will fix that "problem" with a flash tune, me thinks.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
rudyv1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

Hi Dackel

Please let us know if you manage to fix the 'crack' or 'whip' problem with a tune, I'm hesitating getting this new software because I don't want to lose that aspect of the cars performance

Also, can you let us know the version of software that was put on your car?
(it's on your invoice, if not, the service advisor at the dealership would be able to tell you)

Thanks so much
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
dcbrown1
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i w/pp kit

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I've not yet noticed a difference, but have yet to lean on it. But, tomorrow is fast approaching!
Appreciate 0