BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #397
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Well after managing to finally see all your material all I can say is WOW!

Thanks again. Your walkaround video and pics seem to be swaying back over to BSM from AW.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #398
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

on the front row with my popcorn ....great viewing and reading my friend...i cant wait to do exactly that....soooo excited
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #399
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
He is home, the car isnt home. Its on a boat and will be in transit for 2-3 months
Oh yeah...oops!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #400
Fredds112
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i, 2006 330CI

hey, so what are the chances of getting my hands on a pair of those tail lights and putting them on a 135i???
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #401
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredds112 View Post
hey, so what are the chances of getting my hands on a pair of those tail lights and putting them on a 135i???
I thinking about swapping my 135 taillights to the 1M... Ill wait to see them in person, but I love the 135 taillights
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #402
WLKSFTLY
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Noir 1M ED April 5th 2011

Orange flash – I work for a company called JRP, it’s a parts distributor in Canada that has a website, however, I’m not usually on it. This whole experience was really quite a surprise. From the time I was given my pick up date, until the time I was picking it up, was only about 14-16 days and M Studio confirmed our appointment on Saturday the 2nd, only three days before my pick up. It all happened very quickly, and I’m not entirely sure how I ended up with the first one, however, since I was...I thought I’d try and post as many of the things I would want to hear about if someone else had this opportunity. There was so much more I wanted to post, but some images didn’t turn out, and several videos (in car video at Nurburgring, which apparently we not were suppoesed to take?) were not great and time restraints kept me from doing more. I have tons of other materials I could post in regards to the trip in general, but I got the sense the people on the thread would rather I stay focused on the car. Thank you for the kind words.

Steve79 – You are going to love this thing....

Blotto649 – Let me know when you get your car, I’ve got Mosport booked for July 8th and September 1st for myself and friends.

Hajohehe – I didn’t get many of these shots, only a couple of the instrument cluster. There is some detail in my “Walk around” video on the first page.

Eeghie – Fail...I didn’t get the front shot or the rear showing the part number before I had to hand the car back in.....maybe MNavigator can oblige? The M Engineers said that the shocks were the same as the M3 shocks, but with different rebound and compression valving. I don’t remember him specifying that they were competition package units, like the wheels are. We were discussing the Competition Package Wheels as part of that discussion, so it’s possible, but I didn’t clarify that. The Front number plate was attached via double sided tape, and the hardware and mounts to attach the North American units was loose in the trunk. One of my friends that came along removed it when we were at SONAX because their Sales Engineer recommended that we “Nano” coat the entire car and the wheels, too. This stuff is crazy! After four days of driving, including nearly 100 miles of track time, the front wheels were pretty black and the car wasn't perfecetly clean. A quick shot at the coin wash before I handed it off and viola! Like New Again! Here are a couple shots of us doing it:

Name:  IMG_0170.JPG
Views: 878
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0174.JPG
Views: 880
Size:  135.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0177.JPG
Views: 959
Size:  133.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0178.JPG
Views: 883
Size:  156.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0180.JPG
Views: 877
Size:  91.6 KB

I hear there is some reason why we can't have this product in North America, but I hope they get it sorted out, I'd love to do my other cars with this stuff.

Verbestelkarel - I saw your car there. The funny thing was, I was out looking at everyone else’s car...while they were checking out the 1m! The number of GT3s and Ms and other serious hardware littered around the place was mind numbing. I say we start a fund and build a time share there....

phastman – I don’t have much experience with those cars, they never made it to Canada in significant numbers. If the Golf R is anything like the TT RS....you might have a decision to make! If not, I think the 1M will be the ticket. I’ve got a modified MkV Jetta and a 3C Passat at home now, so I understand your connection to VW. This was my first foray into BMW and I’m very happy with it...and the way BMW was been treating me and a few others I know who’ve bought recently. We get the New Golf R in Canada later this year, I’ll be interested to hear more about it.

Bvez3r – The video is pretty tame, it’s got some bite to it. When I travelled back to Frankfurt to deliver the car, I had to stay in a Hotel Sunday night because the forwarder wasn’t open on the weekend. When I parked at the hotel, the manager came running out and told me I couldn’t stay there because the car was too loud and it would disturb the guests in the morning! It’s got bite. The engineers at M-Studio told us the German law is something like 76 Db....so they made it the loudest, nastiest 76 Db they could. It’s cool! They also said the Exhaust on the Moto GP car was musical! Apparently it doesn’t add much power because of the size of the stock piping, but I’m very surprised by that.

Jay, the car is small, man! I’m a small car nut, and it’s perfect for me. I will admit, getting sized up by V12 Audis and other serious Autobahn brawlers was interesting, but on the track the car is pure fun. There are faster and more capable machines, but not many for this kind of money. I’ll likely have to get a "Big" car for my next one....But this one is not for sale!

Sq86 – Mandatory service, yep.

Stratus650 – It was really interesting to me to have 14-15 year old guys walk up to me in the Gas Station and tell me I was from North America (before I added the quarter window stickers). When I asked them how they knew, they told it was “because of the ugly orange turn signals...” I should have!

DriveHard – I do! It was my first time driving in Europe, normally I’m in a train. First time owning a BWM, first time on the “ring”, first time in a 1M, first time in Munich. Lots of memories and kind of a high actually. Thanks!

Eeghie – There was a change in the mirrors that were included in the base car in Canada. I had one type and a couple days before I left for Germany I received a communication from BMW saying that they had changed them to the mirrors you mention...but I did not make any selection to get them. I actually didn’t notice any tilting...Didn’t do much reversing! I'll see if I can find the letter and post it.

Towski – Sorry, Mate. She may not let you drive it! Cheers!

Alice – I think it will indeed. I was hoping that’s the one the car would come with, but alas, no. It's exactly the same as the one I saw at the Detroit show on the 135i with M pkg.

Tuned 1 – I need another 1000km and a service....and then I certainly will. Someone will beat me to it I’m sure. I’ve got 4 lonely weeks to persevere through first!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 04:52 AM   #403
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredds112 View Post

Here you go... post #51...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512006&page=3
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #404
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Thx for the stories, pictures and your answers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLKSFTLY View Post
Eeghie – Fail...I didn’t get the front shot or the rear showing the part number before I had to hand the car back in.....maybe MNavigator can oblige? The M Engineers said that the shocks were the same as the M3 shocks, but with different rebound and compression valving. I don’t remember him specifying that they were competition package units, like the wheels are. We were discussing the Competition Package Wheels as part of that discussion, so it’s possible, but I didn’t clarify that. The Front number plate was attached via double sided tape, and the hardware and mounts to attach the North American units was loose in the trunk.
Your rear shock picture is actually the money shot, it just doesn't have a part number printed on it. No worries, we'll get to the bottom of this later with cars that have these part numbers printed on them. The Chicago promo car had competition package shocks (non-EDC) but as not final. the non EDC Competition package shocks are indeed M3 shocks with modified valving. Short of parts numbers being equal, without picking the brains of the M-suspension engineers it might be tough to ever clear up how these shocks perform relative to each other ~and their comparison with the production 1M shocks.

Quote:
Eeghie – There was a change in the mirrors that were included in the base car in Canada. I had one type and a couple days before I left for Germany I received a communication from BMW saying that they had changed them to the mirrors you mention...but I did not make any selection to get them. I actually didn’t notice any tilting...Didn’t do much reversing! I'll see if I can find the letter and post it.
I'm trying to establish if the reverse dipping function works without package 430/431.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #405
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Nice watch brand Steve
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #406
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
I have tons of other materials I could post in regards to the trip in general, but I got the sense the people on the thread would rather I stay focused on the car.
That's part of the Euro Delivery experience, posting about the trip and the car. I know I'd like to see the other stuff as well.
      04-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #407
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

WLKSFTLY, you said in one of your videos that when you met with them behind closed doors they told you what to do and what not to do in regards to mods for this car. can you explain?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #408
T1T2GRE
CW2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1SMC - traded away

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
WLKSFTLY, you said in one of your videos that when you met with them behind closed doors they told you what to do and what not to do in regards to mods for this car. can you explain?
WLKSFTLY - great write-up. Very informative and the videos are greatly appreciated. W/respect to the above - does it feel like the 1SMC has a CDV? My understanding is that all of the vehicles currently have CDVs, M or not.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #409
Fredds112
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i, 2006 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Thanks for the response Dackelone.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #410
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

One of my favorite 1addicts threads ever. Thanks for spending the time, WLKSFTLY!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #411
theshiningnova
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
One of my friends that came along removed it when we were at SONAX because their Sales Engineer recommended that we “Nano” coat the entire car and the wheels, too. This stuff is crazy! After four days of driving, including nearly 100 miles of track time, the front wheels were pretty black and the car wasn't perfecetly clean. A quick shot at the coin wash before I handed it off and viola! Like New Again! Here are a couple shots of us doing it:
Hey WLKSFTLY thanks for all the write-up and photos! That stuff sounds cool! Where can I find more information about this product and how much did it cost you?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #412
Wild Bill
Old Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: JCW Clubman, 1M, 2007 Vette

Garage List
2007 Corvette  [0.00]
2011 1M Coupe  [10.00]
2010 MINI JCW Clubman  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiningnova View Post
Hey WLKSFTLY thanks for all the write-up and photos! That stuff sounds cool! Where can I find more information about this product and how much did it cost you?
This might be the stuff:

http://www.sonax.com/content/search?...ay%5B%5D=12764

SONAX Xtreme Polish & wax 3 NanoPro
Powerful polish, based on nano-technology, for use on dull and extremelyweathered paintwork. Its polishing abrasives break down into microscopicnano-particles during polishing. Due to this, fine scratches are polished out,dull colours are freshened-up and the shine haze is removed.Simultaneously, the nano-sized wax particles penetrate deep into the paintpores to provide a mirror shine and long-lasting protection. Due to theirmicroscopic size, the wax particles fit perfectly into every paint structure(even scratch-resistant paints), so they don’t have to be broken down bystrenuous polishing

WB
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #413
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
This might be the stuff:

http://www.sonax.com/content/search?...ay%5B%5D=12764

SONAX Xtreme Polish & wax 3 NanoPro
Powerful polish, based on nano-technology, for use on dull and extremelyweathered paintwork. Its polishing abrasives break down into microscopicnano-particles during polishing. Due to this, fine scratches are polished out,dull colours are freshened-up and the shine haze is removed.Simultaneously, the nano-sized wax particles penetrate deep into the paintpores to provide a mirror shine and long-lasting protection. Due to theirmicroscopic size, the wax particles fit perfectly into every paint structure(even scratch-resistant paints), so they don’t have to be broken down bystrenuous polishing

WB
Doesn't sound like something you'd want to use on a fresh coat of factory-applied paint.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #414
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

Quote:
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #415
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #416
bvez3ro
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB

Quote:
Bvez3r – The video is pretty tame, it’s got some bite to it. When I travelled back to Frankfurt to deliver the car, I had to stay in a Hotel Sunday night because the forwarder wasn’t open on the weekend. When I parked at the hotel, the manager came running out and told me I couldn’t stay there because the car was too loud and it would disturb the guests in the morning! It’s got bite. The engineers at M-Studio told us the German law is something like 76 Db....so they made it the loudest, nastiest 76 Db they could. It’s cool! They also said the Exhaust on the Moto GP car was musical! Apparently it doesn’t add much power because of the size of the stock piping, but I’m very surprised by that.
Thanks for your Reply Derek. I have to wait until i see one for real.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #417
PSYMON81
BMW FANATIC
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Black - 320d x touring

One Question: but the european version had front blinker in white or in orange? Because when i configured my car there was white...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #418
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYMON81 View Post
One Question: but the european version had front blinker in white or in orange? Because when i configured my car there was white...
euro should be white. US and Canada should be amber
Appreciate 0