BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Raflekt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i fully loaded

Lightbulb running catless DPs without a tune?

Hello amigos,

I will receive my CP E catless DPs so my questions are

For the moment I dont hv a tune I was running jb3 but I had some trouble for the moment with that

Are the hp gains less without it?

Tnx in advance
      05-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raflekt View Post
Hello amigos,

I will receive my CP E catless DPs so my questions are

For the moment I dont hv a tune I was running jb3 but I had some trouble for the moment with that

Are the hp gains less without it?

Tnx in advance
Your HP gains will be less without the JB3. However, the car will run better at stock boost levels with the Catless DP's. Obviously, the more boost you run, the more HP benefit you will get with the Catless DP's.
      05-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Raflekt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Tnx John so i ll wait for my jb3 repaired or the new CP e standback
      05-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
I'm not running a tune and I noticed substantially improved turbo response when I added an axleback and even more when I added catless dps. I have no idea how much hp etc was gained but it's definitely noticeable. Combined with an intake it feels like my car is very freely breathing and really wants to go. I get all sorts of varied turbo spooling sounds. I must warn you that I do get some vibration/rumbling. I plan to post more about this right now in a separate post.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Raflekt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
I'm not running a tune and I noticed substantially improved turbo response when I added an axleback and even more when I added catless dps. I have no idea how much hp etc was gained but it's definitely noticeable. Combined with an intake it feels like my car is very freely breathing and really wants to go. I get all sorts of varied turbo spooling sounds. I must warn you that I do get some vibration/rumbling. I plan to post more about this right now in a separate post.
What downpipes are you running?

Tnx for the info!
      05-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

OT but what happened with the JB3? You should def. step up to v1.3 as it is much better than v1.2. As for the dp's, I would go catless even without a tune since it does indeed free up the exhaust quite a bit more allowing for more hp/trq out of the engine.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
Raflekt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
OT but what happened with the JB3? You should def. step up to v1.3 as it is much better than v1.2. As for the dp's, I would go catless even without a tune since it does indeed free up the exhaust quite a bit more allowing for more hp/trq out of the engine.
The problem is that when I installed my jb3 I chose map 2 or 4 but I cant make any WOT my car flash a half engine icon so I have to restart the engine and drive normal to the shop , the installation, map selection was ok according to my 50 emails with Terry , v1.3 was impossible the car start leaving a lot of black smoke and long starts so we took it off and send it to his office to check

My car its running ok I had gone to 3 trackdays and nothing wrong
      05-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
I have the AR design downpipes, catless with ceramic coating with the MadDad axleback.

If you track the car, downpipes are definitely worth it, even if you do pick up a little vibration at idle.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
InlineSix
TwinTurbo Top Hat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raflekt View Post
The problem is that when I installed my jb3 I chose map 2 or 4 but I cant make any WOT my car flash a half engine icon so I have to restart the engine and drive normal to the shop , the installation, map selection was ok according to my 50 emails with Terry , v1.3 was impossible the car start leaving a lot of black smoke and long starts so we took it off and send it to his office to check

My car its running ok I had gone to 3 trackdays and nothing wrong
Hey Raflekt, so what happend? was it simply learning the new tune and resolved it self after some driving?