BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Injen intake = Everyone Happy?

Anyone not happy with the Injen intake on the 135i?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Nope, gotta say I love it. Easy clean install. If you have any questions Chris let me know. Also if you want to see/hear it remind me at the next meet.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Some commentary although I don't have the intake...

I love the look of the actual intake, but the intake plenum looks like crap and only uses one of two intake areas from the kidney grills... That's my only gripe about the intake... Performance wise it seems to do pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
Mindgame
Poke Her Face
Rep
Drives: 09 135I

Love it
      05-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
onehungevo
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I'm looking for some before and after dyno numbers.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego blue 135i

all i want to know is if it fits with an AA blow off valve and everyone has thus far refused to answer my question.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
momo style
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1m

A1

Pretty expensive compare to others but for sure a sure bet
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
I like my Injen, it looks great. It was practically my first mod and when I installed it I barely noticed any difference, a little sound, doubtful performance help. But I assume that if I had added the intake after some exhaust mods I might have noticed more difference. With an axleback I got alot more turbo sounds and significant performance increases which I assume the Injen helps. Now also with catless downpipes the results were way further magnified, my turbo spooling is more noticeable than my noisier exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #9
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post

I love the look of the actual intake, but the intake plenum looks like crap and only uses one of two intake areas from the kidney grills... That's my only gripe about the intake... Performance wise it seems to do pretty well.

The plenum looks like crap?????? This is coming from someone that uses the plenum welded by a group of 5th grade 4-H summer campers? You can disagree with the design all you want, but to say it "looks" like crap makes you look like a blind RR fanatic.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Quote:

I wouldnt say it looks like crap at all!!! I do agree they could have used both scoops. But looks like crap?? are you serious, its a molded piece of plastic. Also they dont really provide screws to put back in the scoop that isnt being used so it looks a little strange. I just went to the hardware store and bought two screws and put the scoop back on. However, it doesnt scoop into the intake at all, just in the engine. I figured it couldnt hurt and looks better.

Ohh. I just saw that you have the RR Plenum. WOW are you serious!! that is the biggest piece of Sh!t I have ever seen. I giant hunk of steel that isnt even welded properly sitting in your engine bay. Wow just wow. That thing couldnt look more out of place if it tried...well maybe if it was painted pink
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
mynew135
assistant to the regional manager
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
I wouldnt say it looks like crap at all!!! I do agree they could have used both scoops. But looks like crap?? are you serious, its a molded piece of plastic. Also they dont really provide screws to put back in the scoop that isnt being used so it looks a little strange. I just went to the hardware store and bought two screws and put the scoop back on. However, it doesnt scoop into the intake at all, just in the engine. I figured it couldnt hurt and looks better.

Ohh. I just saw that you have the RR Plenum. WOW are you serious!! that is the biggest piece of Sh!t I have ever seen. I giant hunk of steel that isnt even welded properly sitting in your engine bay. Wow just wow. That thing couldnt look more out of place if it tried...well maybe if it was painted pink

I'll agree with everyone else that the plenum maybe should have used both scoops. Not sure how much less performace we are really losing having air coming in from only one, but that is a different topic.

Love the Injen, looks/sounds/performace. Money well spent in my opinion, if you compare to the price of other intakes and plenums sold by other vendors.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #12
vv1803
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Graphite Gray 6spd

I am happy with the Injen intake overall but i do feel that using one of the scoops is under utilizing what is there under the hood. With the warmer weather finally settling in up here where I'm at, I am also starting to have concerns of the intake recirculating warm/hot air since there is no heat shield below to block off or divert the hot air. I also noticed that my cones get loose after a while and requires a turn of the screw every now and then. I'm unsure why that happens, maybe vibration or something but other than that I am happy with the intakes.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #13
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
I was so close to order one, but I found out Dinan is coming out with a true cold air intake (air taken from the front vents in the bumper) soon. Waiting to get solid info on that before I decide.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
The plenum looks like crap?????? This is coming from someone that uses the plenum welded by a group of 5th grade 4-H summer campers? You can disagree with the design all you want, but to say it "looks" like crap makes you look like a blind RR fanatic.
Have you seen the plenum that I have on my car specifically? maybe a couple got some with bad weld marks, but mine looks smooth, and actually directs air into the one large intake instead of injens design that directs it towards one of two intakes...

I didn't say anything about the RR intake, but put honest input on the intake and praised most aspects of the intake... You seem to be pretty defensive, and anti RR... I'm very open about saying that I am a fan of Riss Racing and am sponsored by them... I put my sponsors on my signature for that reason, so people can take my word for what its worth.

No reason to attack people like a child on this forum...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
Have you seen the plenum that I have on my car specifically? maybe a couple got some with bad weld marks, but mine looks smooth, and actually directs air into the one large intake instead of injens design that directs it towards one of two intakes...

I didn't say anything about the RR intake, but put honest input on the intake and praised most aspects of the intake... You seem to be pretty defensive, and anti RR... I'm very open about saying that I am a fan of Riss Racing and am sponsored by them... I put my sponsors on my signature for that reason, so people can take my word for what its worth.

No reason to attack people like a child on this forum...
Let's see some photos then. Face it, you defend RR at every opportunity, anytime someone writes a "review" which consists "I like RR" you jump in and say "Great review.", and you don't like seeing them criticized. But every good photo of a plenum I've seen shows that they are crap, much like a lot of their products. Poor welds and poor workmanship are their trademarks.

You love them so much it makes me wonder why you were trying to low-ball me on the DDV. Why not buy theirs for full price to put your money where your mouth is?

The plenum on the Injen looks fairly good, aside from feeding one filter only. Aside from that it's a professionally made piece. Keep in mind the RR filter isn't enclosed, so it can also suck in plenty of hot air from around the engine bay.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I personally do not own a Injen intake for the E82 however based on pictures and their rep(owned it on another previous car) it looks really good.. and the plenum question maybe they wanted it to cool the other engine parts I dunno however compared to the RR it does seem better quality however research and function wise intakes are very similiar. I will say if I didn't already own the RR Intake and plenum I would buy the Injen for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #17
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
Let's see some photos then. Face it, you defend RR at every opportunity, anytime someone writes a "review" which consists "I like RR" you jump in and say "Great review.", and you don't like seeing them criticized. But every good photo of a plenum I've seen shows that they are crap, much like a lot of their products. Poor welds and poor workmanship are their trademarks.

You love them so much it makes me wonder why you were trying to low-ball me on the DDV. Why not buy theirs for full price to put your money where your mouth is?

The plenum on the Injen looks fairly good, aside from feeding one filter only. Aside from that it's a professionally made piece. Keep in mind the RR filter isn't enclosed, so it can also suck in plenty of hot air from around the engine bay.
How the hell did this turn into a Riss bashing thread?

Just curious, why would you purchase the intake and DDV kit and then buy a second group of products from them if you didn't like the first batch you received? The only two reasonable explanations are a.) you liked the products you purchased at first or b.) you are retarded and bought products from the same company that you didn't like the first batch of products...

You are obviously on an anti-RR campaign.. Your stories are fishy as shit that you couldn't fit any of the Riss Racing pieces that you purchased unlike the hundreds if not thousands of people that run Riss Racing Products... I encourage people to read your story as a way to show that your shit you've been talking about riss is because you are trying to screw them over for some reason, because the parts you received fit on another car...

Riss refunded you even though you damaged the product, and they showed you pictures of YOUR products installed on another car, and basically showed how the limps your were getting was caused by your own incompetency... You really seem to be over your head at the most menial car installs, which is why you should probably just stay stock... Leaving tuning to people who know something about how a car works.

The reason why I offered to buy you your DDV kit was because I wanted something to run until I get a Tial BOV kit... I have a partial sponsorship with Riss, which means I buy products at cost.. My cost is more than buying yours used... So I was willing to throw some money to replace the ddv for the time being... I was also going to do a comparison an response on a dyno between the RR DDV, the stockers, and the BOV...

If you feel like pissing and moaning more, PM me, lets not ruin the thread for the OP...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #18
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
How the hell did this turn into a Riss bashing thread?
Because a Riss shill came in here talking shit about another product.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0