BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
natesland
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

JB3 w/ CP-E catless 3" downpipes

Hello all, I've been reading this forum for a while, but this my first time posting. Big thanks to everyone for their help (although not directed towards me) in my decision to purchase the 135i, jb3, bms o2 sim, and CP-E downpipes (stock mid-pipe & muffler w/ "golf-tee mod").

Update: This was my first time to the drag strip and I was struggling to find traction at the start, but here's my best time.

1/4 mile time
60' - 2.2783
330' - 6.0035
1/8 ET - 8.8552
1/8 MPH - 87.12
1000' ET - 11.2475
1000' MPH - NONE
1/4 ET - 13.3575
1/4 MPH - 112.14

Sorry, I don't have a dyno chart to post, but here's my impression...

F-ing awsome!!! The piggy back combined with DP's turn a quick car into a pretty fast car.

I put the JB3 on first (along with the o2 sim while I was in there)...

Results - I felt a SIGNIFICANT (<--that's probably a little understated) gain. This has been covered alot so moving on.

CP-E DP's were next...

Results - 1. First impressions: The first thing I noticed was the increased throttle response. Second, I noticed that the car was still pretty quiet.

2. Sound: Someone mentioned that catless DP's w/ stock muffler sounded bad... I'm not saying they're full of it, but I'm not so sure they've heard it on a 135i. It's really barely louder than stock. The gap does get wider with RPM's though. The most significant audible difference that I could hear was the turbo is much more apparent. The overall volume increased slightly. The tone is "raspier" at high RPM's and is a little "boomier" at low RPM's. It's an improvement IMO, but I do wish it was a little louder. I probably won't get a new muffler, because I'm told the stock one flows pretty good.

3. Power: I felt a significant (notice I didn't use all caps this time) gain.

4. Feel: I already mentioned better throttle response. It seems (to me at least) to rev quicker. Engine seems happier (not very descriptive, but that's how it feels to me).

Overall I'm very happy with both mods. I didn't run into any problems. Burger Motorsports has rediculously fast shipping and their online instructions/videos make install a snap. The CP-E DP's seem nicely built. The mexican I hired (for $120) didn't have any problems installing it (3 hours).

Last thought, I didn't get mid-pipe back, because I didn't think the power gain (if any) would be worth the money. Same goes for an intake. The next modd will most certainly be tires once these are worn out. In a perfect world I'd get an intercooler, mechanical limited-slip, and suspension.

~Nate

Last edited by natesland; 06-11-2009 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: Update with 1/4 mile time
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

The 135 is more then 'quick' to begin with.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Ha you have almost the exact same setup I do, except I have the BMS DCI also. if you want to compare here's a chart with my dyno results.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258420

CYA
      05-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
natesland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
The 135 is more then 'quick' to begin with.
Yes, of course you're right. Maybe an attempt at being moddest. It's all relative. I'm sure there are some guys with cars running 8's that would describe our cars as slow.

~Nate
      05-31-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
natesland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandyr View Post
Ha you have almost the exact same setup I do, except I have the BMS DCI also. if you want to compare here's a chart with my dyno results.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258420

CYA

Yeah, I saw your thread before I bought the downpipes. It was quite helpful and helped me justify (in my mind) the purchase of the DP's. Thank you!

BTW - does your experience with the DP's reconcile with mine? As far as sound, power, & throttle response?

How do you like that intake?

~Nate