BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
Drdanteiii
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Macht Schnell TPMS/RDC emulator, any experience?

Has anyone tried this?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...-e82-e88-2007/

Its about the same cost as a set of TPMS, so I'm wondering if I should go with this for my winter tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
blinded
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdanteiii View Post
Has anyone tried this?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...-e82-e88-2007/

Its about the same cost as a set of TPMS, so I'm wondering if I should go with this for my winter tires.
I don't have any experience with that emulator, but I did recently code out my tpms. It was free for me since I already had a laptop and a cable. I didn't have any experience with coding before and didn't have much trouble. So, that's another option, as is getting someone to do the coding.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #3
Drdanteiii
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Thanks. I've considered it, but i'm still under CPO warranty for 2 more years, so I'd prefer not to mess with coding and jeopardize my coverage
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinded View Post
I don't have any experience with that emulator, but I did recently code out my tpms. It was free for me since I already had a laptop and a cable. I didn't have any experience with coding before and didn't have much trouble. So, that's another option, as is getting someone to do the coding.
Did you do it yourself? If so, would you write a stepwise diy? There are many in the community that want to dcode out the tpms and turn on the diameter based eu algorithm.
      01-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinded View Post

Hey! Just saw you coded out the rdc tps yourself with no experience. I'm having a. Lot of issues with my car and I can't update the dme since this module shows as "in active". Could. You please write out a simple diy for this procedure? This would help the community So much, lots of posts asking this. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
julienjj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarzelatto View Post
Hey! Just saw you coded out the rdc tps yourself with no experience. I'm having a. Lot of issues with my car and I can't update the dme since this module shows as "in active". Could. You please write out a simple diy for this procedure? This would help the community So much, lots of posts asking this. Thanks
- Remove the RDC module from the trunk
- Remove 2VB from the VO
- Write new VO to CAS and NFRM (FA_write)
- Recode DSC, CIC(GPS, if applicable) and Kombi for the new VO (SG_Codierren)

All done.
Gone : 135i 2008 | Gone : 2008 535i Touring|
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #7
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarzelatto View Post
- Remove the RDC module from the trunk
- Remove 2VB from the VO
- Write new VO to CAS and NFRM (FA_write)
- Recode DSC, CIC(GPS, if applicable) and Kombi for the new VO (SG_Codierren)

All done.
Lol thanks! Just thought since he has 0 experience on the subject like I do, it would be a more of a step by step. I have no idea what you just posted
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 06:47 PM   #8
blinded
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Sorry all--I guess my notifications aren't turned on or aren't working. I did do this myself. I'll try to see if I can retrace my steps, but I'm honestly not the best resource. Julienjj has the gist of it though. I feel like I might have removed 2VB from more than just the VO if that makes sense, and also ensured that the euro tpms was present.

FWIW, all I used was the vm on e90post and various other threads as reference, so I certainly wasn't doing anything new.
Appreciate 0