BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
KathyFG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 128i coupe 6MT

"Otto von Bimmer" has arrived !!!

Now it's official . . . I am a REAL 1addict (graduated from wannabe).
Greetings from sunny south Florida. Just picked up my new 128i (after a ten-week wait). All I can say is WOW - just got back from my drive back from Naples to Pembroke Pines- the steering is phenomenal- "Otto" was really itching to go faster than I was driving, but I did not want to overdo it during the break-in period. Man, it is awesome to drive- and the acceleration is great (even though only a 128). The shifter is a little more "notchy" than the one in my Acura RSX-S, but I'm sure I will get used to it. What a blast to drive! Probably going to run down south to Everglades National Park tomorrow and get some good photos (then I'll have to figure out how to post them). VERY pleased with the Alpine White with black/gray poplar color choice too. Put some cocomats (black/red) in there, and the interior really looks sharp. Now, I am officially (and for the first time), a BMW owner. Others have told me I will never go back now. PS- This was my present to myself after my return from an Army mobilization.

Kathy G
2009 AW 128i coupe, 6MT, black 'ette/gray poplar, sport package, xenons
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyFG View Post
Greetings from sunny south Florida. Just picked up my new 128i (after a ten-week wait). All I can say is WOW - just got back from my drive back from Naples to Pembroke Pines- the steering is phenomenal- "Otto" was really itching to go faster than I was driving, but I did not want to overdo it during the break-in period. Man, it is awesome to drive- and the acceleration is great (even though only a 128). The shifter is a little more "notchy" than the one in my Acura RSX-S, but I'm sure I will get used to it. What a blast to drive! Probably going to run down south to Everglades National Park tomorrow and get some good photos (then I'll have to figure out how to post them). VERY pleased with the Alpine White with black/gray poplar color choice too. Put some cocomats (black/red) in there, and the interior really looks sharp. Now, I am officially (and for the first time), a BMW owner. Others have told me I will never go back now. PS- This was my present to myself after my return from an Army mobilization.

Kathy G
Congrats Kathy!

Enjoy the bonding experience.

And thanks so much for your service to our country.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Welcome to the club! Enjoy your 128 and all the looks it'll get!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Oh, and let me suggest some new tires asap. It WILL make a difference in ride comfort, road noise, and handling (assuming you get a good set of tires to replace them with).

Here's the tires I chose to replace the run flats on my 128, and I couldn't be more pleased:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233636
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sweet! Congrats! And enjoy, drive safe
      02-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
jmcgraw013
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i Cv

Congrats on your new 1er! Looking forward to seeing the pics from some place warm and sunny!

'11 135i Cabriolet
Crimson Red, CPO, Savanna Beige Lthr, High Gloss, Shadowline
DCT, Prem Pkg, Sp Pkg, Value Pkg, Sirius, Alarm, CA, 264's
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
KathyFG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 128i coupe 6MT

Photos of "Otto"

Here's me and "Otto"- picking him up in Naples, Florida. And I call the second photo "Greetings Earthlings . . . take me to your leader."
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyFG View Post

Kathy G

Hey Kathy, congratulations. It sounds like you deserved to give yourself such a nice gift. I'm really looking forward to your full review once you've had more time behind the wheel, especially since yours is equipped pretty similar to how I want to get mine. Comparisons to your RSX-S are also really welcome as I have always liked that car to.

Enjoy and congrats again!
Appreciate 0