BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #45
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTNJNQ View Post
A Larryn mentioned above the BMW performance seat is made by Recaro. Recaro actually have the seat on their website.

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=5606&L=2

Also the Recaro sportster CS mentioned above is available with airbags and is also available in red
http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=495&region=5&L=2

Recaro has one of the worst websites I've ever been on for a company trying to sell a product. Their pictures are too small and do not show enough detail.

Why can't they post larger pictures of their products.. like the picture of the sportster CS's in this Audi? THey're hot!

http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredveh.../photo_11.html
      11-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #46
timt
Reader, Rare Poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Black (2015)

Does anyone have any real experience with these BMW Performance Seats? I am interested in after-market seats for one main purpose: I am 6' 2" tall and even the manual sport seats put my head a bit too close to the roof when wearing a helmet. I cannot both be in a comfortable position for reaching the stick and pedals while also having good headroom.

Looking at the sport seats in my car, even with the seat as low as it goes, there is a lot of distance between the true floor base and the bottom of the seat. Part of this looks unavoidable (the car has a raised ridge for the seat mounts for some reason.)

For any price these seats do me no good if I get no more headroom. The same would apply for any aftermarket seats.

Can anyone confirm what these are like when installed? What about other seats? If these don't work I may need to have rails custom fabbed and buy some Recaros. Ugh.

Previous (all 6MT): Dinan 135i, E46 M3, 2007 Porsche GT3, 2012 Cayman R, 2003 Carrera 4S, 2001 Gemballa Boxster S, and some Audis.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #47
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

I have those seats in my car since I bought it (I ordered the "Performance version" so pretty much all the performance parts) I love the seats... I can compare them with the sports seats in 3 series and Z4 Coupe and 6 Series as those are the cars I am also driving from time to time. So the performance seats:

Height:They are definitely not low as I'm 6' and could lower them if possible... apparently I can get different mounting from recaro but i have to find about about it
Comfort: Huge!! The fit perfectly and if properly set the backrest supports your back on the long journeys, the are quite hard (compared to other cars mentioned) but thats why you a** won't hurt after say 500kms. I did one trip of 1300kms and one of 700kms and love the comfort
Adjustment: Backrest angle and back/forward

If you want we can make measurements to see what's the difference between lowest possible position of sports seats and those. I will check that from the bottom of the back rest (where the seat is at lowest) to the headlining in straight vertical line (I have sunroof)
      11-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #48
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oh the most important: THE LOOK: SIMPLY AMAZING, one of the best mods to my car, as well as, wheels and brakes
      11-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #49
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelitto View Post
I have those seats in my car since I bought it (I ordered the "Performance version" so pretty much all the performance parts) I love the seats... I can compare them with the sports seats in 3 series and Z4 Coupe and 6 Series as those are the cars I am also driving from time to time. So the performance seats:

Height:They are definitely not low as I'm 6' and could lower them if possible... apparently I can get different mounting from recaro but i have to find about about it
Comfort: Huge!! The fit perfectly and if properly set the backrest supports your back on the long journeys, the are quite hard (compared to other cars mentioned) but thats why you a** won't hurt after say 500kms. I did one trip of 1300kms and one of 700kms and love the comfort
Adjustment: Backrest angle and back/forward

If you want we can make measurements to see what's the difference between lowest possible position of sports seats and those. I will check that from the bottom of the back rest (where the seat is at lowest) to the headlining in straight vertical line (I have sunroof)

i am around 5,6 will the performance seats be good for me???
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #50
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da _Grk_Tuner View Post
i am around 5,6 will the performance seats be good for me???
In that case they will be definitely fine. Well Actually I don't know how low you like to seat... but still you would like it probably
      11-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #51
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelitto View Post
In that case they will be definitely fine. Well Actually I don't know how low you like to seat... but still you would like it probably

-actually i dont seat low, i seat up^normal..

-also when having the Performance seats do we use
our stock seat belts???? or do we get racing seat belts???
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 06:25 AM   #52
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You use the stock seat belts. But what Discovered that for the passanger the buckle up chime is not present, probably they haven't got the weight detector. So it is important to remind your passangers to buckle up because I think the airbags won't go off if the seatbelt is not secured... or am I wrong?