03-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
flavush
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: AW F31 335i xDrive

Fuel Consumption of my new 1M

Hi Folks

After the first 600 km on my 1M I would like to share my fuel consumption.

On the first 50-60 km the fuel consumption was around 30l/100km.

Now the average is 13-14l/100km.

The best one was 8.8l/100km on Autobahn cruise.

Let me know what's your consumption.

Best regards,
Flavush
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

12L/100 km around town 7.5L/100km @ 119km/h on the cruise which about the maximum speed you can go around without getting into problems. I normally shift around 2000-2200rpm in town. If you want hear it be prepared to get 16-18l/100kms
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavush View Post
Let me know what's your consumption.
Per 100 km:
- 12l in the city;
- 10l on the highway, normal driving;
- 8l on the highway, when driving it like a Prius driver would do.

Off topic @flavush: hey, this is the very first 1M I come across on this forum that has the same uncommon layout phenomenon as on my 1M. On all other 1Ms seen so far, the odometer and trip distance recorder permanently feature on the second line of the info display of the on-board computer (OBC). The first line is reserved for all the other info (speed, average speed, average fuel consumption, range). That normal layout is not possible on your and my 1M: the icon and figure is shown on the first line and the unit/measure is - quite silly - shown on the second line of the info display of OBC, instead of also on the first line. Consequence: odometer and trip distance recorder vanish, which is annoying: always got to zap through the whole menu to make it reappear + no combined info possible.

Name:  HB_Mileage.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  5.2 KBName:  HB_Speed.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  4.8 KBName:  HB_Range.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  4.8 KB
Name:  HB_Fuel.jpg
Views: 1427
Size:  5.1 KBName:  HB_AvSpeed.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  4.8 KBName:  HB_ServiceInfo.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  5.1 KB

Neither my dealer, nor the Belgian BMW HQ, nor anyone on this forum has an explanation for that unusual dashboard lay-out. No settings issue:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=10
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=10502138

I assume that it's related to the high beam assist option: the possibility of showing the high beam assist icon probably requiring extra space on the info display. But then again, why no "normal" layout if the high beam assist is inactive ? It's no pre-printed icon (also the "sport" icon popping up on the higher info display is not pre-printed).

Hence, my question for you: does your 1M feature the high beam assist option ?

Generally, to all those with a 135i or 1M featuring the high beam assist option too: same silly lay-out as pictured here ? I know that BrokenVert has it too on his 135i Vert.

Name:  Dash_1M_11dec2011.jpg
Views: 1474
Size:  87.4 KB
      03-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

13L/100KM on autobah for the first 500km
then slowly dropped down to 9.xL/100km, averaging probably 130-150km/h on autobahn
      03-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
flavush
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: AW F31 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Per 100 km:
- 12l in the city;
- 10l on the highway, normal driving;
- 8l on the highway, when driving it like a Prius driver would do.

Off topic @flavush: hey, this is the very first 1M I come across on this forum that has the same uncommon layout phenomenon as on my 1M. On all other 1Ms seen so far, the odometer and trip distance recorder permanently feature on the second line of the info display of the on-board computer (OBC). The first line is reserved for all the other info (speed, average speed, average fuel consumption, range). That normal layout is not possible on your and my 1M: the icon and figure is shown on the first line and the unit/measure is - quite silly - shown on the second line of the info display of OBC, instead of also on the first line. Consequence: odometer and trip distance recorder vanish, which is annoying: always got to zap through the whole menu to make it reappear + no combined info possible.

Attachment 655343Attachment 655344Attachment 655345
Attachment 655346Attachment 655347Attachment 655348

Neither my dealer, nor the Belgian BMW HQ, nor anyone on this forum has an explanation for that unusual dashboard lay-out. No settings issue:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=10
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=10502138

I assume that it's related to the high beam assist option: the possibility of showing the high beam assist icon probably requiring extra space on the info display. But then again, why no "normal" layout if the high beam assist is inactive ? It's no pre-printed icon (also the "sport" icon popping up on the higher info display is not pre-printed).

Hence, my question for you: does your 1M feature the high beam assist option ?

Generally, to all those with a 135i or 1M featuring the high beam assist option too: same silly lay-out as pictured here ? I know that BrokenVert has it too on his 135i Vert.

Attachment 655341

Hi Artemis

Yes, you are right. I have the high beam assist. It's really annoying when you want to see the trip and something other too

Best regards,
Flavush
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Interesting Artemis about the BC display. Must be something different about the way the Kombi(instrument pannel) is setup for highbeam asst. I would shoot Thorsten at www.car-coding.de an email and ask him. Thorsten also owns a 1M and he really knows bmw coding very well. Perhaps your car can be back coded to run the odometer display. ?

Dack
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

I`ve also the high beam assist, same display......
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Mine the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
this is the very first 1M I come across on this forum that has the same uncommon layout phenomenon as on my 1M. On all other 1Ms seen so far, the odometer and trip distance recorder permanently feature on the second line of the info display of the on-board computer (OBC). The first line is reserved for all the other info (speed, average speed, average fuel consumption, range). That normal layout is not possible on your and my 1M: the icon and figure is shown on the first line and the unit/measure is - quite silly - shown on the second line of the info display of the OBC, instead of also on the first line. Consequence: odometer and trip distance recorder vanish, which is annoying: always got to zap through the whole menu to make it reappear + no combined info possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavush View Post
Yes, you are right. I have the high beam assist. It's really annoying when you want to see the trip and something other too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
I've also the high beam assist, same display......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Mine the same.
Four times high beam assist option and four times the uncommon layout. I guess the cause is found.

As flavush noted too, quite annoying that, if your 1M is equipped with the high beam assist option, and even if that option is inactive (no HBA icon indicated on the OBC info display):
- you got to zap through the whole OBC menu (speed, average speed, average fuel consumption, range) in order to make the odometer and trip distance recorder OBC info reappear (second line);
- you cannot combine the odometer and trip distance recorder OBC info (second line) with any other OBC info (speed, average speed, average fuel consumption, range) (first line).

Sort out the coding and upgrade the OBC info display, BMW. If not technically feasible due to the space required for showing the high beam assist icon, then get us at least the normal/common layout whenever the high beam assist is inactive (no space required to show the HBA icon). The HBA icon ain't pre-printed (also the "sport" icon popping up on the higher info display is not pre-printed). And whenever the HBA should be indicated, show it at the spot where the gear shift display arrows are indicated (I guess none of us bothers about sacrificing those arrows for an HBA icon).

Name:  HB_Fuel.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  17.6 KBName:  HB_ServiceInfo.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  17.5 KB

To all, sorry for derailing this thread, but fine that apparently we found a sound explanation for a phenomenon which my dealer and BMW Belgium are still "investigating".
      03-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
MB38
[insert witty title here]
Rep
Drives: '97 Supra TT, '11 1M

My manual says that I have high beam assist [as per my options] but I've never been able to activate it... which means I probably don't. I have a more traditional dashboard layout.

Oh, and I average 20-22MPG in LA and 24-27MPG on road trips. My worst was 19MPG.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB38 View Post
My manual says that I have high beam assist [as per my options] but I've never been able to activate it... which means I probably don't. I have a more traditional dashboard layout.
Easy to check. Push the turn indicator stalk away from you (i.e. push straight towards the dashboard): if no high beam assist icon pops up on your OBC info display, your 1M is not equipped with this option.
      03-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB38 View Post

Oh, and I average 20-22MPG in LA and 24-27MPG on road trips. My worst was 19MPG.
High beam assist was not an option on the US 1M.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0