CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I finished off a set of RE71r's. Last season included about 8-10k miles, 2 track days and 5 autocross days. As listed above, I was running -2.7 camber front and -1.8 camber rear with 0 to in front, minimum spec toe in at the rear. During the late summer and fall, I was doing a lot of datalogging runs and long back road runs while working on my tune. The front tires corded on the inner edge of the tread. Across the outer 2/3 of the tread, they are about 1mm from the wear bars. The rear wear is even. Wear probably would have been more balanced if I had done more track days and less road miles.

I have just installed coilovers and set it up to target -2.4 camber up front. When I go for my formal alignment I will go -1.6 in the rear to maintain balance. I think this will let me stretch a little more torture out of my tires.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00
      01-15-2018, 12:50 PM   #24
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
UPDATE

Interestingly, my RE71R's wore just as badly on the inner tread blocks this year at -2.4 camber in the front as they did with -2.7 previously, and I fought to find grip all season long last year. I also had some minor rubbing issues with 255/35/19 up front when the suspension was loaded.

Fast forward to this winter and I bought a square setup. (ARC-8 18x9.5 +22, BFG Rival S 275/35) I couldn't fathom going back to a 265 in the rear, so I took a chance and ordered the wheels with 275/35-18 all around, knowing I was pushing my luck. Rubbing up front? Yup.

So, I raised the front 3mm which brings it to -14mm compared to stock. When I installed the coilovers a year ago, I targeted -15mm and ended up at -17 and figured "close enough." Well, now it is still "close enough," and won't rub, LOL. I also have gone back to more negative camber, targeted -2.8. For balance on a square setup, I will target -2.3 on the rear when I get the car onto the alignment rack. I'll see if the BFG Rivals wear better, and being able to rotate them will surely help.

I can now run a 10mm spacer on the front with OEM wheels and 275/35 RE71R's, with no rubbing, which looks stellar. I put the spacer on the rear with the square setup. There is still minor rubbing near full lock on the fronts using the square setup. I'll live with it to have all that rubber under me for antocross.

For pics, see this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...0#post22653150
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
gmx166.00
ayao627.50