BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-15-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

Question Flat battery service in Sydney?

So my car is stuck in my garage with a flat battery, radio starts but thats about it, I guess I could jump start it but I would rather just have the battery swapped out to a much stronger one and hopefully without cutting power to the computer, I would rather not lose my settings.

If no one knows anyone who can come out can someone recomend were I can buy one in store, a much stronger battery, not just one step up.
      09-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Check if your car uses an AGM type battery. My 2012 model 135i has one.

The AGM battery is normally pretty tough and durable, so I wonder if its necessary to replace it already. The other issue is that it may be hard to find the perfectly equivalent battery unless you buy it from BMW. For older Non-AGM is maybe not so difficult as you can get a replacement such as Varta or other brands with similar capacity to the OE one.

Its not a good idea to swap different type of battery (AGM vs Non-AGM) as the car needs to "coded" for the battery type and spec. Even when replacing the battery with an identical one, it still should be registered to the cars DME which can be done by a mechanic or technician with a OBD2 device such as Autologic.

EDIT: AGM battery looks like the pic attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by John_01; 09-16-2016 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #3
BEAM3R
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M, E36 M3, 2002, 700, Isetta

I use onlinebatteries.com.au for my business. Matt is great to us and always there to help. Depending what area you're in, he might even come fit it for you at your house. Give him a call.
Appreciate 1