BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

a bit of a ha-ha...duh moment...

Lately, I've noticed a very fragrant odor when I've punched the throttle on my car excessively. It smelled exactly like OEM washer fluid, and I thought...great, my nozzles are leaking. Water streaks on the headlight seemed to confirm this...

So I was underhood today putting my stock airbox back on (in prep for tomorrow's hopeful headlamp replacement), and I noticed that my washer fluid cap was loose...from my service a couple weeks ago, I'd imagine. I guess a small amount of fluid was either providing its lovely odor for the cabin air filter a few short inches away or was just strong enough to reach my nostrils inside with the top down.

Either way, this ought to be the latest, greatest, ubiquitous mod (in a similar manner to the golf-tee mod) for us 135 drivers...pop the cap a little bit, and you can leave people in the dust, and smell good too.

I say we call it the Roses are Red, My car smells better than you Mod.

Sure, it's a bit long-winded, but very catchy.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

You think the washer fluid smells good? I can't stand it. Gives me a headache. I only use it when it's raining so that the fluid gets washed away quickly.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
I think it smells good too. I wonder if BMW makes a cologne that smells like the washer fluid
Appreciate 0