BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #45
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD911 View Post
Oh and what is a really great window cleaner? As everyone else does I hate the streaks!!

I forgot to order this other day, so I am having it 2 day shipped to me to catch up to my other order.

The key here is the window cleaner plus the towels that are specifically made for one reason...to clean glass. No lint and no glue. Again, not cheap but my time is worth the extra $10 it costs.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1

Also, a few other tips that the Griots guys have told me. Btw, they are EXTREMELY nice and helpful on the phone. I'm talking VERY VERY nice. I called the Zaino guys a few months ago to ask some questions and they blew me off quick and ugly like. Not sure if they are New Yorkers but damn they treated me like shit. Anyway, straight from Griots customer service....

Tips:

-Use Speed Shine with your clay bar as the lubricant, and when you are done with the clay bar, spray a few squirts of speed shine in the container to keep the clay moist.

-After you put on and let dry the Best of Show wax, if you seem to have any difficulty removing it <like you put on to much> or you want to make it incredibly easy to remove, spray a little Griots liquid wax on and wipe off. It will make removing the BOS very easy and not effect the shine at all.

-After you wash the car, spray it down with liquid wax and then dry. It takes seconds to do and will make the car look great between major waxs.

They are all things they told me to do. Good luck!
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #46
zivilyn861
*void
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thanks for all of the tips, folks! I should be taking delivery of my 1er in the next two weeks, and now I have a good lead on what to order prior to my baby's arrival!

At this point, I think I'm going to get a clear bra right away and probably give it a good wax a month or so into ownership... then again, I probably won't be able to hold out that long...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #47
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

When I placed my last orders with Griots and Zaino, they both said it's OK to clay, polish, and wax or seal immeditely. But, fortunately, I didn't speak to the old lady that attempted to help the OP, Katera. In fact, they gave me the impression that when it comes to caring for the car's paint... the sooner, the better!