BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #45
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

My front end has some small chips and nicks from I-95 travels, doesn't exceed wear and tear I expect. A few weeks after I was drenched in bird crap I got nailed by an acorn leaving a small scratch and dent next to my shark fin. That's all, so far. (knock on wood)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #46
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

When I bought my 335i it was flawless, now it has several rock chips on the front, I also have 2 chips in my front windshield miraculously in the same spot. I can now say my car is now broken in.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #47
baseballbreath
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I had the 3M film installed on my car and I'm thankful that I did...I've had numerous rocks fly up at me and so far (knock on wood) no dings or scratches. I do have one good scratch. The dealership put their stupid metal insignia on the back of my car and when I took it off with a cloth and a flat head screwdriver sure as shit the flat head went through the cloth and scratch the hell out of the trunk. I need to get that felt tip marker, as mentioned previously, to fix this imperfection.

09 135i Black Sapphire
prem, sport, cold weather package
hi fi, iPod, Nav

Performacne:
JB3
RR Oil Catch Can
RR Stage II Intake
RR Intake Plenum
RR CDV
BMW Performance Exhaust

Cosmetics:
CF Interior Trim
M Door Sills
GP Thunder 75K
Black CF Ambergones
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #48
Snowball
monokuro boo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i AW

About a month and a half ago *I have only had my car since the end of April* I was hit as I was opening the door to my car. I already had the door open for a few minutes and no one was around and as I stepped out *with the door already open as it had been for 5 minutes* my car door was hit by this old red Toyota pick up truck and the wife of the man in the car proceeded to get out of the car and scream at me for having my door open.. Even though they had plenty of room and time to see my car door open and stay away from it rather then almost ripping it off the hinges. So I had to have the entire door replaces and the whole side panel of the car repainted. That was almost 3g's down the drain that day..

They hadn't even stopped after slamming into the door.. they kept going for a few feet before realizing they hit a bmw and almost shit their pants. So anyways.. the door was bent back as you can see and the hinges were almost ripped off. Couldn't close the door or roll down the window. The day I got my car back 2 weeks later I parked it and scraped about an inch of paint off the right bottom side of my bumper cuz I was so used to driving my mom's X5.

Also about 3 weeks before that (I have no picture) I was hit by a 6ft chrome board that came flying off an Escalade in front of me on the freeway hit me so hard in front and on the grill that I almost spun out at 90 mph. So I had no chance whatsoever to get the license plate number

I am having some bad experiences with my poor car lol on a good note though.. I haven't gotten any tickets ^^ I got three in my previous car lol On a bad note.. The people who fixed the car door didn't pay very good attention to detail on my car and i feel like they didn't put the bumper or the door back on right and my left reverse light is malfunctioning too.. there's another thing I gotta fix yay :bs:The pics on my sig are from when I got the car back

11-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #49
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Hearing how people can be so careless infuriates me! I haven't even driven my car yet and I feel scared that some idiot is going to hit it, ding it, scratch it, or bump it and leave without a note or piece of contact information. If it was me I'd just fess up to it. Never know its caught on some Mall Security camera or someone nearby saw it and regardless its just the right thing to do. Whether the car was worth $1 or $1,000,000 people should have respect that its someone else's property. When people lose respect for themselves its hard to expect them to respect others :-\ Oh, well, at least we know better. I seriously swear, people in general can be damn right retarded and inconsiderate. I feel bad for all of you who let us in on your horror stories, may it never happen again. Anyone consider a motion activated shotgun with IFF capability? Just throwing it out there.
      11-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #50
Snowball
monokuro boo
United_States
Rep

haha shotgun? nah I have an angry boyfriend under that profession lol you can see him in one of my above pictures (his head is cut off in the picture) He was much more angry about my car being hit then me. I just sat there and almost started crying lol Someone almost hit my car while I was in Beverly Hills too... I was in a valet lot and of course I didn't valet the car (my bf used to valet and I know what they do to cars O_o) but i self parked and kept the keys and when I came back and got in the car some stupid woman almost hit the side of my car with her cooper S... stupid stupid woman.
      11-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #51
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I got my first door ding over the weekend in the parking garage at the Bellagio in Vegas. The wife and I drove over for our anniversary + much needed vacation for the year and this is what I end up with...

Probably some fucking snot-nosed kid kicking the door open of his parents' horribly parked SUV. Had the paint from the dent/scratch matched the car that was parked next to me when I noticed it, every single panel on the passenger side of their car would have gotten the best part of my right knee.

Sometimes I am absolutely floored at the amount of selfishness that is displayed by the predominant majority of people in this country. I'm a gun-totin' redneck from the midwest so don't get me wrong when I say I love it here, but sometimes I just want to move to another country. *bleh*
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #52
Snowball
monokuro boo
United_States
Rep

i think there are stupid people everywhere and my car will never be safe even in the garage what if an earthquake happens? game over lol
      12-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #53
pheller
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

I've got a scrape now on my rear bumper, left side -- someone obviously misjudged while parallel parking, or leaving a parallel spot behind me. No note.

To make matters worse, the same day I noticed this, as I was returning home, I noticed a crack in the grill of my old car (2003 VW Jetta). Upon closer inspection, the whole thing was cracked in such a way that I thought someone was trying to pry out the VW logo. But the logo was still there, and specifically it had been broken out, then placed back in such a way that it would appear to not be broken. No note.

I hate people.
      12-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #54
SpeedballTrix
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT SBM/CBL; 2022 X5

Well, I got my car airborne coming out of a turn and over a crest I didn't really see because I was busy managing the corner (I didn't know the turn put you right into a hill, so I was flat-tracking it).
Scratched up the underside of the left front valence pretty good.

No one has noticed it yet, but I'm going to have to get it fixed eventually.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #55
vv1803
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Graphite Gray 6spd

I just picked up my used 135i from a local dealership for a great deal. I took a final walk around and there was only one scratch which I could have buffed off myself. I was OK with that so I signed the form(s) that I would accept the car as is (car being used and all) and that they were not responsible for anything anymore ect. Next day, after the dealership cleaned and detailed it and everything looked great. After a few days, whatever cheap crap they were using kinda washed off in the rain/snow, I noticed a mother load of scratches on the rear where the back window meets the door frame area (a very hard place to polish BTW). Careful inspection shows that the detailing from a rotary buffer made all the scratches/burn marks. I've had the car less than 7 days now and this is sucks too see scratch marks. =(

Thank goodness 90% of my enjoyment happens inside the car. As soon as the weather gets warmer I'll attack those scratches myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #56
1080eyes
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i vert.

Our 128 got a scratch on the front bumper, wife parked too close to a shopping cart, then the wind blew it into her car.
A few weeks later I was giving the car a bath, I find both right side wheels scraped!!!!! Of course no one knows what happened.
I think I'll cover all the paint area with foam!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #57
boxerdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Saphire 135i Spt & Prem

3rd day after putting on the winter tires (KM11's), I did not see the curb leaving my parking ramp at work in a heavy snow day and scratch pretty bad the driver wheel. I got home and order another one form the Rack. The car is only a month old and I just could not take it. The only positive thing is that if the KM11's get discontinued I will have an ugly spare.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #58
boxerdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Saphire 135i Spt & Prem

Here the damage.. to me it was enough to buy a new one.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...g/CIMG2723.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...g/CIMG2724.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...g/CIMG2722.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
3rd day after putting on the winter tires (KM11's), I did not see the curb leaving my parking ramp at work in a heavy snow day and scratch pretty bad the driver wheel. I got home and order another one form the Rack. The car is only a month old and I just could not take it. The only positive thing is that if the KM11's get discontinued I will have an ugly spare.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #59
CoolToolGuy
1er Happy Camper!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i,'07 X3

I curbed my left front wheel trying to get close to a drive-up ATM where the lane turns to the right immediately past the ATM

2 marks about 5-6 inches long.

Have Fun,
Rick
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #60
BimmerLearner
My car is less than a week old and on its 3rd tank
Rep
Drives: Tiag 135 Vert

Was cleaning my car for its 1wk old birthday on saturday and the hose pipe blew off the wall and left a 2 inch light scratch on the drivers door. Pretty much cried.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #61
gnpower
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M Sport 135i

Had a mini hale storm in my driveway. some ice fell off the roof and right onto another roof. Have about 3 indents in my roof now and a cracked rear cf spoiler. So not happy right now. Calling dent wizard and picking up a new spoiler. Should be like new.
      02-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #62
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnpower View Post
Had a mini hale storm in my driveway. some ice fell off the roof and right onto another roof. Have about 3 indents in my roof now and a cracked rear cf spoiler. So not happy right now. Calling dent wizard and picking up a new spoiler. Should be like new.
Ahh that sucks man. I saw some ice on the roof of my house and was careful not to park the car under it. Hindsight I guess.....

Dent wizard is great, I'm sure you'll never even know it was there!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0