BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2023, 05:16 PM   #1
st0nge
Rep
Drives: 135i

Bimmertech Alpha One- static- help!

In the process of installing the Alpha One amp by Bimmertech. since I have a 2011 with base stereo, I have no amp currently and have to run the supplied harness from trunk to factory HU. Got that done, hooked up and installed the power/ground and figured I’d test it before I run wires to the factory woofers. Reconnect battery, and there’s a weird static sound coming from speakers, and noticed the USB option from input is gone (BMW Professional unit, no iDrive). Usually connect phone to Bluetooth using the AUX/USB port using an adapter, and it says connected but no audio coming out, only from FM/AM radio, and the on/off static. Swapped back harnesses to factory setup and same thing, no sound on AUX and staticky 🙄

Any help?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 08:30 PM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Have you submitted a support request on their website? They're pretty responsive.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 09:12 AM   #3
st0nge
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Have you submitted a support request on their website? They're pretty responsive.
Yes only sales support was available yesterday. No tech support.

I found another thread where somebody had a similar issues and had to do some coding to get rid of it. The HU is looking for “MOST” and the red light inside blinks associated with popping coming from the speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 11:03 PM   #4
SchwarzN52
Rep
Drives: 2013 Schwarz 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0nge View Post
In the process of installing the Alpha One amp by Bimmertech. since I have a 2011 with base stereo, I have no amp currently and have to run the supplied harness from trunk to factory HU. Got that done, hooked up and installed the power/ground and figured I’d test it before I run wires to the factory woofers. Reconnect battery, and there’s a weird static sound coming from speakers, and noticed the USB option from input is gone (BMW Professional unit, no iDrive). Usually connect phone to Bluetooth using the AUX/USB port using an adapter, and it says connected but no audio coming out, only from FM/AM radio, and the on/off static. Swapped back harnesses to factory setup and same thing, no sound on AUX and staticky ��

Any help?
I have the alpha one amp, no static issues. What system did your car come with originally?

Last edited by SchwarzN52; 12-09-2023 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 05:16 AM   #5
st0nge
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzN52 View Post
I have the alpha one amp, no static issues. What system did your car come with originally?
Major face palm on my end. I was testing it without the drivers side kick panel installed due to all the wiring I had to run up the dash. In doing this, there was an unplugged POST wire that goes into that lower panel that completes the loop. Plugged it in, and all good. Sound is amazing paired with HK speakers coming from a totally base package.
Appreciate 0