BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Circuit Club Wakefield 25th of July

Really good fun day, only problem was that I couldn't get enough heat into the tyres. In the end, did a pb of a 1:08.998 (just into the 8s!).

First time with the Performance Box and a tyre pyrometer. Once I get a chance to go through all the data, I'll post up some stuff, should be interesting. I was hoping to log some data with the Procede / BAV cable but didn't get around to it. Unfortunately power really drops off with the Procede as the car heated up - oil temps still nudging 140c when ambient peaked at 11c!

Best thing about the day was the chance to take out a passenger on the untimed sessions. Unfortunately couldn't take out my wife (35 weeks pregnant) but that didn't stop her from helping out in the pits!

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

You should at one point measure your water temp. I think that is going to shock you too. If you can bring one or the other down, it will be a good thing. Great times btw. What size tyre are you running that you can't get heat into them????
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Nice one Jeff. It would have awesome weather for it on Saturday.

BTW, Warren Luff did a 1:09.9 in a stock 135i at Wakefield Park back in the Sep 08 issue of MOTOR. Given your mods and semi-slick tyres, it sounds like you're not far off the limits of your car.

Glad to hear the Performance Box worked for you too. Looking forward to seeing some of your data.

FYI, lap times are here. You pipped a CLK 63 AMG Black Series! Nice. Since when has Samantha Stevens been going to Circuit Club?
      07-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Tyres are 235/40/18 R888 all round. I got some epic drifts coming out of the fish hook

I'm going to the dyno soon to see exactly how the car responds as temps rise, I have a feeling that it is pulling things back too much too soon.

I thought I recognized Samantha Stevens but didn't know who she was until you posted that link - she was slow anyway lol.
Appreciate 0