BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #23
InOttawa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
You can park a Crimson Red 135i next to any other 135i color and your eyes will be uncontrollably drawn to the red one. The color just pops! I can't wait to get mine (30 April delivery)!!!!
I wonder if the same effect will also attract Cops and speeding tickets. :wink:
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #24
bacchus2678
Rep
Drives:

Thats about the same color as my A3, I was really wanting black or white with the 1 but damn that is nice!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #25
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOttawa View Post
I wonder if the same effect will also attract Cops and speeding tickets. :wink:
Not where I live. Typically we have cameras set up here and there, and they only focus on speed being driven, not the color of the car. Rarely do you see a Polizei caring anything about how fast people are driving. Best news is that motorcycles don't have front license plates!!! They can take photos of the front of my bike all they want!
      02-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #26
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

When I learned today that the 135i convertible will be out sooner than originally planned, I immediately changed my order today. The dealer says my Jet Black coupe will go to some other lucky person, and my order is now for a Crimson Red Convertible with Taupe beige leather interior. It should all be official within 72 hours. I'll have to wait 2 + months one more time, but in the long run, it will be worth it for one HOT red convertible!!

TagMan
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #27
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

^^ Beautiful and congrats! I like the Savanna Beige better myself vs. the Taupe.
      02-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #28
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

This is what I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus2678 View Post
Thats about the same color as my A3, I was really wanting black or white with the 1 but damn that is nice!!!!
The red looks really great, but it is definately an eye catcher for cops too. I like the Alpine, red, grey. Alpine White WILL be my choice. Good Day All.:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #29
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
The red looks really great, but it is definately an eye catcher for cops too. I like the Alpine, red, grey. Alpine White WILL be my choice. Good Day All.:thumbup:
That, fortunately, is a myth!!

A recent study showed that there is absolutely no greater percentage of red cars getting ticketed than other car colors. So, it would be quite foolish to choose or not choose a color based upon a myth.

If you simply prefer the white anyway, then that's the reason to get it. But those that prefer the red can enjoy it without the fears of a foolish old-fashioned myth!

TM
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #30
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

I've always thought it reversed actually. Many years ago MB did a study to determine what color vehicles were the most visible. The study was looking at accident avoidance based on recognition.

They set up people looking down a road. The road had a crest on it so that cars would come up over a rise in the distance. They asked people to signal as soon as they could see the car.

White was the most visible. Darker colors the least visible. Based on how far away the vehicle was when the person signaled. IN other words they could see the white car from further away.

So I would deduce that cops would also have the same issue. I know from my own seat of the pants study that I fall into this.

Don't know where red falls into this, but I guess it's toward the darker color spectrum.

Anyway...just a tidbit I remember from a long time ago. Try it just for fun and let us know your experiences.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #31
pumaknight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Currently Seat Leon Cupra FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by e34m5 View Post
I've always thought it reversed actually. Many years ago MB did a study to determine what color vehicles were the most visible. The study was looking at accident avoidance based on recognition.

They set up people looking down a road. The road had a crest on it so that cars would come up over a rise in the distance. They asked people to signal as soon as they could see the car.

White was the most visible. Darker colors the least visible. Based on how far away the vehicle was when the person signaled. IN other words they could see the white car from further away.

So I would deduce that cops would also have the same issue. I know from my own seat of the pants study that I fall into this.

Don't know where red falls into this, but I guess it's toward the darker color spectrum.

Anyway...just a tidbit I remember from a long time ago. Try it just for fun and let us know your experiences.
And I think that is why most cop cars in the UK are white!! So we can see them...so when all you AW ownes get pulled over, it will just be to compare shdes of white:wink:.

I will be in a ditch somewhere having had to swerve violently to aviod the silly muppet who pulled out infront of my nearly invisble black 1er :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #32
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaknight View Post
And I think that is why most cop cars in the UK are white!! So we can see them...so when all you AW ownes get pulled over, it will just be to compare shdes of white:wink:.

I will be in a ditch somewhere having had to swerve violently to aviod the silly muppet who pulled out infront of my nearly invisble black 1er :biggrin:
Man, that's funny. LMAO.

Unfortunately, most patrol cars here in California are black (often with white doors). Unless you're looking at them sideways, or unless they've got a light bar on the roof, they can be hard to spot.

TM
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #33
pumaknight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Currently Seat Leon Cupra FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
Man, that's funny. LMAO.

Unfortunately, most patrol cars here in California are black (often with white doors). Unless you're looking at them sideways, or unless they've got a light bar on the roof, they can be hard to spot.

TM
:biggrin: I remember those cop cars from the Tv series Chips!! Awesome - they are huge - looked like a right handful. In your 1er, I would have thought you could leave them behind - not that I am condoning any sort of legal behaviour.....but given the 135i power....I can hear us now

"I am doing 120mph?? Jesus!! I have just pulled out of the turning!! Now I know why there are these brakes!"
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #34
imported_Maurice
Not too sexy for his car.
Rep
Drives:

After this thread, I know I made the right decision. The CR looks sooo good! It makes the wait seem that much longer!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #35
mjovic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

The only thing missing are the black powder coated stock wheels. Shh....don't tell the other colors! :wink:

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #36
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

I got the fax from the dealer! It's now official. My black coupe order is cancelled and my order is now for a 135i convertible, 6-speed, Crimson Red / Taupe Leather / Black Top, Sports Pkg., Premium Pkg., loaded. Man, I am so freakin' happy!

Crimson Red is a truly fantastic color for the 1-Series, and I feel soooooooooo lucky to get it! All you guys getting Crimson Red are going to know how lucky you are, too!!

HOT ONE

TM
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #37
scassio
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

TagMan,

What turned you off from Sedona Red? I've seen only the Jet Black in person but thought Sedona looked good in the photos and even ordered one.

scassio
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #38
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scassio View Post
TagMan,

What turned you off from Sedona Red? I've seen only the Jet Black in person but thought Sedona looked good in the photos and even ordered one.

scassio
Well, what turned me off was that I saw it in person. I had Sedona Red as my original order and was expecting something very different than what was in front of my eyes. My very first reaction was quite negative and terribly disappointed. I never thought or felt it to be exciting and wonderful looking. I must be honest as I can be, but still respect those that have ordered Sedona Red... it is one of those contraversial colors... you will most likely either love it or hate it. The problem I had was that it was nothing like any pic I had seen, and I have still yet to see ANY pic that truly represents it. Some are closer than others, but depending upon the light, the paint color changes dramatically.

Sedona Red is a very complex color that takes on the appearance of a clay red, with varying levels of orange, pink, and brown undertones. It's just not my cup of tea, so after seeing it, I changed my order to black, before finally changing that also, and ultimately ordering the convertible in Crimson Red... But, I honestly hope that everyone who has ordered the Sedona Red will love it. That's the way it should be.

I have noticed that the different color threads are filled with fans of each color. I hope everyone is thrilled with their individual color choice when they take delivery. For me, the reason I'm going with Crimson Red is because it's an exciting and hot color, and I believe that hot and bright colors make for the sportiest-looking convertibles! If I had wanted a more luxurious look, I would have chosen something like Cashmere Silver for example. But, as I've said in the past, I believe that everyone that orders a Crimson Red 135i is going to thank their lucky stars when they see just how gorgeous it is!!

Anyway, hope that answers your question, and I am am sure you will love your new 135i coupe! It's a fantastic car!

TM
      03-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #39
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjovic View Post
The only thing missing are the black powder coated stock wheels. Shh....don't tell the other colors! :wink:
Novice question: How do you get the stock wheels black powder coated?
Who does that aftermarket, the dealership (or as izzodesh would say, the stealership)?

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #40
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Find someone locally, the dealership will be no help here. Make sure you're not leasing or BMW will ask you to pay for a new set of wheels when you turn the car in. I think it looks really good on the red car but it has to be a satin finish rather than matte black, or it will look spray painted.

Ulrich
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #41
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Which Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
I got the fax from the dealer! It's now official. My black coupe order is cancelled and my order is now for a 135i convertible, 6-speed, Crimson Red / Taupe Leather / Black Top, Sports Pkg., Premium Pkg., loaded. Man, I am so freakin' happy!

Crimson Red is a truly fantastic color for the 1-Series, and I feel soooooooooo lucky to get it! All you guys getting Crimson Red are going to know how lucky you are, too!!

HOT ONE

TM
Congrats on the Conv (California, why not) Are you getting a manual or auto? You just say 6 speed. Both are 6 speeds.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #42
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Fantastic angle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #43
darknightohio
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 03:01 AM   #44
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
Congrats on the Conv (California, why not) Are you getting a manual or auto? You just say 6 speed. Both are 6 speeds.
Thanks!... Good point... I will fix the sig.

6-speed MANUAL... the best way to fly!