BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #23
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
If you believe in a chinese witch craft... there is a thing called "Ta Siu Yan" or beating the wicked spirit in Hong Kong. It will hit the bad guy and get all the bad luck out of you. I shall perform one for you later haha.
Not to make light of it in any way - infact I'm something of a "believer".
Go taka! If they can convince a real estate developer to change the design of a 20+ story appartment block, and include a hole in the middle of the building, so the dragon in the hill behind the appartment block has "clearer access" to the sea to get a drink - and this in in HK and all the apartments are well and truely occupied - then I'm on board.

Let's look out for a very sad driver, with an apologetic & remorseful look on his face - with a banged up 4WD. That's him / her.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #24
spk74
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

It could have been worse...

http://failblog.org/2009/05/07/double-fail-3/#comments
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #25
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk74 View Post
Now that make me ask a question.

What happen if...

You hit someone and your car has no damage to fix. And the other car needs to be fixed.

You give them the details. What happen next?

Will you ultimately lose rating 1 and/or pay excess on other people's claim?
      05-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #26
GR3G
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M135i | Apr 15: AY M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M135i  [0.00]
Ouch!!! That hurts I'm sorry to hear Sarah

Though I do believe in 'what goes around, comes around' so I'm sure this person will get their comeuppence.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #27
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
Now that make me ask a question.

What happen if...

You hit someone and your car has no damage to fix. And the other car needs to be fixed.

You give them the details. What happen next?

Will you ultimately lose rating 1 and/or pay excess on other people's claim?
Depends. Obviously you'll have to pay for the repairs if you are at fault. They shouldn't be paying any excess cause they weren't at fault, so technically their insurer isn't out of pocket, provided they get the money from you. Their insurer has two ways of getting the repair cost from you: 1. you pay out of pocket; or 2. you make a claim through your insurer saying you were at fault, and hence you pay your excess so it is your insurer that pays the repair bill. In the latter case, if you don't have rating 1 protection, you'll loose your rating 1.

Of course if there is no damage to your car it is likely there is very little damage on the other car, so it might be cheaper for you to just pay for the repairs directly with no insurer involvement from both sides.
      05-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #28
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Oh and do remember, even if there is no damage you are required by law to either stop and exchange details, or report the accident to the nearest police station at your earliest opportunity....I learnt that one just recently.
      05-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #29
oldman
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe

I had a classic piece of BS put on me by the NRMA when I went to insure my 135i. My daughter had taken her Getz (insured in my name) to a friends gathering and was parked on the property and inside the house. Another girl arrived in her car and whilst parking, she hit my daughters car so she was totally at fault.
The NRMA penalised me slightly on my insurance costs because I had an "incident". Did'nt matter that we were the totally inocent party and the other girls insurance company paid to have the Getz fixed, the fact that there had been an "incident", I would be penalised.
How's that for a long standing client who's never made a claim with them for 40 years?????????????
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #30
~sarah~
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135  [10.00]
Ohhh, thats not very good.
I am with Shannons, they said if i can get a rego and details of the person who hit me they will refud and my excess and they would return my no claims bonus to the way it was before.

I have been stalking the carpark with my camera every day hopeing they they will park there again.
      05-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #31
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Insurance company's are a law among themselves..

My renewal came through from GIO for my 135i vert, now that its 12 months old and they hiked it from $1495 to $1895..(with no claims in 20 years)

Rang up and was given the usual BS about premium increases, but get this..
Where last year I was given a 20% discount for the "Named Driver" option, this year it was only 5% due to the reason that it was so popular with their clients that GIO lost money on the premiums...what a load of BS..

After 15 mins on the phone going from lacky operator to supervisor, they reduced the premium back to $1495 as a "good will gesture"...for a long term customer..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #32
Sprey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I had a similar but less constructive discussion with NRMA last year concerning one of my other cars. They tried convincing me if I raise the voluntary excess, I could equal (bring back down) the premium to that of the previous year's rate.

At that time I think I provided the phone agent a quick lesson in math, and subsequently removed all my business with them.

They seem to make you work to retain the same premiums as the year before instead of premiums automatically going down over time as your car depreciates. Then they make you think it's a good deal.

When I started ringing around, I got the impression 'new quotes' seemed more competitive than 'renewals'.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #33
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sarah~ View Post
Ohhh, thats not very good.
I am with Shannons, they said if i can get a rego and details of the person who hit me they will refud and my excess and they would return my no claims bonus to the way it was before.

I have been stalking the carpark with my camera every day hopeing they they will park there again.
Shannon is ace and helped me through my last claim....

Somehow your hubby did not seem to think that way. Ask him hehe...
      05-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #34
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Insurance company's are a law among themselves..

My renewal came through from GIO for my 135i vert, now that its 12 months old and they hiked it from $1495 to $1895..(with no claims in 20 years)

Rang up and was given the usual BS about premium increases, but get this..
Where last year I was given a 20% discount for the "Named Driver" option, this year it was only 5% due to the reason that it was so popular with their clients that GIO lost money on the premiums...what a load of BS..

After 15 mins on the phone going from lacky operator to supervisor, they reduced the premium back to $1495 as a "good will gesture"...for a long term customer..
Screw renewal Zuzu. They are always higher for the same market value.

I just go to the same or different company and ask for another quote. If there are internet one like GIO just do another one. It will turn up cheaper. Do not get screwed by them.

My wife's Kluger get a premium $960 from $840 the year before adn $780 for the first year. I am saying "fuck them" this time.

You can withdrawl anytime in the insurance and just keep chaning 2 companies every 6 months.
      05-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #35
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

Another way is when you have a relative....

In my case, my father's place in another low risk suburb. I am tempted to change all insurance to them and back and forth to get the cheapest today's price.

I wonder if that works too.
      05-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #36
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

good tip taka... I won't sign that renewal form anymore until I get another quote. Could save some dosh for some nice sashimis...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #37
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

It is not my tip. Shameless to say I took that advice from the current affair.
      05-17-2009, 02:21 AM   #38
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Sorry about that, it really is a shame.
Appreciate 0