BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

04-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #23
ptan55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall View Post
This kid isn't to blame for his retarded driving. Why the hell did the dealership let a 19 year old kid drive it by himself? What the hell did they think he was going to do in a sports car that wasn't his? Not his fault for them being retarded as well. Oh, and this is of course IF this actually happened which I HIGHLY doubt. I'm sure like someone posted above that he just wanted to rile people up. Happens in every kind of forum. There is always at least "one".
That's because the twenty-somethings is the primary target group for the 1-series.

But the salesman should have gone out with him...

PT
      04-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #24
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadu77 View Post
does anyone remember laughter?
Not sure what you mean by this. There's nothing funny about wreckless driving that puts others' lives at risk. I'm all for having fun in a car, so long as it's in a controlled environment. I too have driven at break-neck speeds, laid rubber on the tarmac, etc etc, but I've done it on a track, not a public road.

Some of us have been touched by tragedy on our roads, and it's actions like these that remind us just how easy it can be to take or lose a life...
      04-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #25
Hypnoz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
In other words, you drove like a lunatic with no respect for others on the road. I've gotta say, I really don't condone this type of thing, not on public roads. Surely we've learned to keep this kind of behaviour to the track. You won't feel so cool when you kill someone... C'mon guys!

Yeah you could kill someone doing that burnout! Ever heard of smoke inhalation? Jesus.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #26
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Humm, and he lives in Illinois. I better watch myself!!! Have fun with the car, but always be safe!! God, I am only 29 and feel OLD OLD OLD
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #27
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoz View Post
Yeah you could kill someone doing that burnout! Ever heard of smoke inhalation? Jesus.
Don't be a dick.
      04-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #28
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

An administrator should consider closing such threads. Bragging about reckless driving should really not be a thread worth continuing in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #29
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

jeez, lighten up guys. the press beats the hell out of cars before theyre even on their way to starting a break in period. so maybe he beat on the car, fuckin go for it, the SA handed him the keys. but youre just assuming he was putting people's lives in danger, you dont know. maybe he was maybe he wasnt. maybe a friendly advice, "glad you got to have fun enjoying the capability of a 135! it really is an awesome car. hope you were cautious doing all that on public roads." not this holier than thou bullshit that comes up everytime. you can have fun pushing the limits on public roads risking nobody's safety but your own. how else do you define spirited driving? i would say getting the rear end out falls under that category. and a burnout isnt going to harm anything except the car. get over yourselves.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 04:38 AM   #30
rdkind62
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

I think driving like that is absolutely stupid regardless of age or whose car it is. My son was a passenger in a car when his buddy decided to do some stupid shit like that (and it was out on a back road too) and he came around a wide corner doing nearly 100 mph only to find a big Dodge Ram 1500 pulling out in front of him. They were driving a Ford Focus and they hit the truck so hard it knocked it over on its side and pushed it about 100 feet. Guess who got hurt? Not my sons buddy driving the car. My son was in the hospital for nearly a month and now has a permanently injured back and he is only 17 years old. Its shit like that that makes people like us write things about assholes like this. If you don't care about your own life then go out and do something stupid on your own but don't get others involved.
      04-10-2008, 05:42 AM   #31
sadu77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoz View Post

+1
Gray Poplar Trim
Nav system
Comfort access
Power/Heated seats
Sattelite radio
Ipod
Production number 398****
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #32
phool21
BOO All Season Tires
Rep
Drives:

It was on rural roads. I did drive on more urban roads, but I drove like normal. I'm not an idiot.

I've worked on the pit crew for my good friend's stock car and I've watched him hit the wall at 100+...thankfully he was ok. I know the outcome that comes from speed and carelessness. There is a difference between having some fun on an open back road and powersliding through a right turn at a busy intersection.

Btw, I'm 5'6 and I do indeed have a receding hairline. I can see how I look older, but 30? I doubt I'm going to grow more either. I don't mind it. I can find a comfortable position in almost every car I drive.

Edit: The story in the OP is 100% true. I understand the jeers about me being reckless and a crazy youngin' but don't call me a liar.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #33
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Award for tool of the day. Driving like a fool in a car that doesnt belong to you. Nice work. Now make the 'shocker' hand sign and get to high school.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #34
phool21
BOO All Season Tires
Rep
Drives:

Sigh
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #35
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
What dealership did you go to?
      04-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #36
phool21
BOO All Season Tires
Rep
Drives:

A dealership in Indiana, where I currently reside.

Chriskurn, how do you like the C/A and the Hifi? My father is looking at getting a 135 and I haven't had a chance to see either of those options.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #37
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
I like them both and would recommend them.
      04-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #38
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by phool21 View Post
It was on rural roads. I did drive on more urban roads, but I drove like normal. I'm not an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phool21 View Post
In short, the 40 minute test drive included a 200 ft. burn out next to 2 people on the side walk (can you say tire smoke??) some sideways drifting, and insane corner speeds.
200ft burnout huh?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #39
energie
Private
Rep
Drives: honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
An administrator should consider closing such threads. Bragging about reckless driving should really not be a thread worth continuing in the first place.
+1

Seems like braggin' about it also could make dealers more cautious about letting rest of us have unaccompanied test drives in the future eh?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #40
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Looks like Adam Sandler and acts like him. HAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #41
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Most of the people are hypocrites. We all did stupid stuff I did some stupid stuff running from cops,wheelies,300 kmh an hour on the road.I am I proud of it no(I get goosebumps thinking about it ) You know what the kid will smarten up. He will have a rent or mortgage to pay kids gf friends that die in accidents. He will be forced to smarten up and take it to the track or drive slow after getting is licence taken away or paying too many tickets. I mean come on remember when you were young. He will eventually get tired of burnouts($$$ tires), people looking at him like a tool,giving him the finger etc....or worst get hurt let the natural selection process go on.

Note:I do not approve his behavior but think about it you seriously . Will that guy change his behavior because of this thread and all the name calling get real he's 19 . Like the m5 kid that die people warned him nothing to do ....5 lives were lost it was too late.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #42
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Nice fishing story. How big did you say that fish was? If you really drifted a dealer's car (or any car) on public roads, you've got more luck than brains.

BTW, standard practice is that the dealer will take a copy of your DL for insurance reasons. Your story makes it seem like he didn't do that. So either your dealer is a complete idiot, or your story is BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall View Post
This kid isn't to blame for his retarded driving. Why the hell did the dealership let a 19 year old kid drive it by himself? What the hell did they think he was going to do in a sports car that wasn't his? Not his fault for them being retarded as well.
He's 19. He'd be held accountable for his actions - period. If the story is true, he tripped over a very irresponsible SA. But I think the story is BS. I believe he test drove a 135i, but story is embellished 'cause he wants attention.
      04-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #43
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

This has always been a great forum. I hope it has not been infected with something.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #44
phool21
BOO All Season Tires
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
He's 19. He'd be held accountable for his actions - period. If the story is true, he tripped over a very irresponsible SA. But I think the story is BS. I believe he test drove a 135i, but story is embellished 'cause he wants attention.
Dealer did make a copy of my D/L.

I'm not sure on the total length of the burn out, but it was a long one.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread