BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

► APEX | Stud Conversion Kits and Extended Lug Bolts/Free shipping to the U.S. 48!

APEX Wheel Hardware

Apex Stud Conversion kits

Try and find a BMW race car that hasn't converted to studs yet. They're stronger, safer, and improve pit stop times significantly. For non race cars, stud conversions make wheel install and removal much easier as you do not have to line up the holes in your wheels, spacers, and hubs before hand threading in a single lug bolt. Simply slide the wheel onto the studs, and let go. Your wheel will no longer spin around the hub, but will instead be lined up correctly.

APEX 75mm and 90mm Stud Kits with silver or black lug nuts

Extended length studs like these allow for a range of spacers to be used without any additional modification. You can easily use 3, 5, 10, 12mm with a 75mm kit or larger 15, 18, 20mm with the 90mm kit, or no spacer at all. When using lug bolts with spacers you are forced to purchase a different length lug for each width spacer. By remaining installed, the studs put less ware on the threads of your hubs. They guarantee there is enough thread engagement, as you can see how many threads were engaged during install. Wheel studs replace your OEM lug bolts by simply threading into your cars hub. Once installed they do not need to be removed when changing or removing wheels. Only the lug bolts are removed similar to many domestic vehicles.

APEX 75mm and 90mm Stud Kits with silver or black lug nuts

• APEX Wheel studs are 10.9 grade steel, and produced in Europe by a TUV approved OEM supplier
  • 75mm length allows for the use of spacers up to 12mm in thickness, or no spacer at all, without making any changes
  • 90mm length is recommended for spacers 15mm and larger
  • The studs have a bulletnose tip that makes lug nut install and removal easy, and prevents cross threading
  • The 75mm head has an integrated 5.5mm hex to make initial installation a breeze
  • The hardened studs are black zinc plated, while the nuts are available in both black and silver zinc plating
  • Studs and nuts are 12x1.5 thread with a 60 degree taper identical to OEM BMW hardware
  • These work on all 1, 3, Z series models, and every other BMW with a M12x1.5 lug. X5/X6, and newer 7 series use different sized hardware and cannot used this conversion

Available Sizes and Pricing:
Available Lug Nut Finishes
  • Black - +$10.00
  • Silver

Installation Kit Now Available! (Includes Red Threadlocker and 5.5mm Wrench)

Apex Extended Lug Bolts

Available in standard OEM length, and extended length version for use with 5, 12, 15, and 20mm spacers. APEX lug bolts can be purchased with either a silver or black zinc coating.

BMW extended lug bolts sold individually

Extended lugs are a must when using spacers, as the standard length lugs are not long enough to thread into the hub properly. If you want new lugs to go with your new wheels and spacers are not needed, then simply select "standard" length from the drop down menu above. If you are using spacers, then select the corresponding length extended lug bolts.

Lug Bolt Specifications:
  • M12x1.5
  • 17mm Hex head
  • 60 degree taper
  • 10.9 Grade
  • Black or Silver zinc finish
  • Made in Europe

Available Sizes and Pricing:
Available Lug Bolt Finishes
Silver
Black - +$0.50

Ordering and Contact
  • Phone: Call (888) 499-9135 EXT. #1 for phone orders.
  • Payment: Credit and Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal. Bank Wire Transfers are also available. Contact us to use a wire transfer for payment on your order.
  • Tax: California customers will be charged 8.75% CA sales tax.
  • Shipping: Free shipping only to domestic orders within the lower 48 states. Stud Kits will get free shipping. A full order of Extended Lug bolts with a quantity of 20x will also get free shipping.
  • APEX Hours:
    Monday thru Friday: 9AM to 6PM PST
    Saturday and Sunday: Closed
  • Warehouse and local pickup: The APEX warehouse is at 7888 Marathon Drive, Unit A, Livermore, CA, 94550 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #2. This is where you pick up local orders.
  • Service and Installation: Apex Performance Services - Dublin: 6443 Golden Gate Drive, Dublin, CA 94568 (Map It), (888) 499-9135 EXT. #3
      10-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
thanx Joe. ordered!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
thanx Joe. ordered!
Thank you and good luck with the car at that next event
      10-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ApexRaceParts View Post
Thank you and good luck with the car at that next event
again, Tony Jackson @ Eibach USA highly recommended these so I am stoked already! Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Apex Stud Kits are in stock and ready to ship!

Please call, email, or pm us with any questions you may have.
      11-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
i love my set

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Thanks for posting EINSER M! It was great to see your car at SEMA repping our studs!
      07-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #8
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post
Thanks for posting EINSER M! It was great to see your car at SEMA repping our studs!
gotta say it again, these are must haves! thanx Apex

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #9
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
gotta say it again, these are must haves! thanx Apex

Did you get the 75mm Einser? Also, are you running spacers?

I've been thinking about getting these but I'm not too sure I want them sticking out. I wouldn't mind getting the shorter ones but I might possibly need to run some spacers on my fronts in the future and don't want to get stuck with a set which won't fit.

Also (to Apex), would it be possible to run non-hubcentric wheels without the hub centric ring with these studs?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post

I've been thinking about getting these but I'm not too sure I want them sticking out. I wouldn't mind getting the shorter ones but I might possibly need to run some spacers on my fronts in the future and don't want to get stuck with a set which won't fit.
i'm running the APEX 90mm kit, 5mm spacers front and 18mm spacers rear. if you're not running spacers on the 359Ms then the 75mm kit would be just perfect
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post

Also (to Apex), would it be possible to run non-hubcentric wheels without the hub centric ring with these studs?
The 75mm stud conversion kit can accept up to a 12mm spacer. While you can use non-hubcentric wheels with the stud conversion kit, we do recommend using hubcentric wheels in order to avoid vibrations from the wheels, as BMW's are hubcentric, not lugcentric.
      07-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
i'm running the APEX 90mm kit, 5mm spacers front and 18mm spacers rear. if you're not running spacers on the 359Ms then the 75mm kit would be just perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
The 75mm stud conversion kit can accept up to a 12mm spacer. While you can use non-hubcentric wheels with the stud conversion kit, we do recommend using hubcentric wheels in order to avoid vibrations from the wheels, as BMW's are hubcentric, not lugcentric.
Thanks for the replies guys! Sounds like 75mm studs are the way to go.

I have a set of Forgestar F14s which have a 74.1 centre bore. Picked them up because someone was selling them locally and for cheap otherwise I'm sure I'd have some Arc-8s right now.

I'm using the supplied 72.6 to 74.1 aluminium hubcentric rings but they're pretty much 'welded' to the rings and I can't take them off... Also trying to take the wheels off is a huuuuge bitch to do because the fitment is so tight. That's why I'm considering just getting the rings cut off and trying to run without the rings. I'm hoping that with some careful tightening of the nuts I might be able to properly centre the wheel. If not then maybe I'll get some plastic hub centric rings which wont get stuck on the hub so easily. I just hope they won't melt at the track...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep

Need replacement lug bolts? Look no further, we've got them available in Black and Silver, in multiple sizes!

08-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Stud kits make changing wheels much quicker and can give your 1M that race-inspired look that it deserves. We have 75mm and 90mm kits available with lug nuts and an optional install kit! Feel free to contact us and we'd love to help you out.
      08-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Make sure you purchase the correct length lug bolts for your spacers! These are available individually or at a discounted price when purchased along with a spacer kit!

Please let us know if you have any questions about our wheels or accessories and we'd be glad to help you out!
      08-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #16
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Switch up the look of your wheel setup by changing the color of your lug nuts (for those with a stud conversion kit) or lug bolts. We sell these items individually for your convenience!

Please let us know if you have any questions and we'd be glad to help you out!
      08-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep

Tired of wasting time aligning the wheel to the hub? We have 75mm and 90mm stud conversion kits to eliminate that problem!

Feel free to contact us by phone, email, or PM and we'd love to help you out!
      08-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Our BMW lug bolts come in standard lengths for cars without spacers as well as extended lengths for cars running up to a 20mm spacer. They're available in all sizes in black or silver:

Give us a call to order your set of lug bolts today!
      08-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Got mine the day before. Great quality just when i installed and ran out of lock tie
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Our stud kits are available with a stud install kit. The install kit includes an allen wrench and red loctite to make installation that much quicker and easier for you.

08-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Life becomes much easier once a stud kit is installed on your car. No more worrying about lining up your lug bolts with the hub holes while switching from street to track wheels!

Here is how our 90mm studs look without any spacers on:

08-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Switch up the look of your wheel setup by changing the color of your lug nuts (for those with a stud conversion kit) or lug bolts. We sell these items individually for your convenience!

Please let us know if you have any questions and we'd be glad to help you out!