BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #23
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Personally, I don't like to use line of credit to buy cars to have fun. I always work on a passive income to cover car expenses.
Yes, I agree. I just work a couple of OT to pay off the car. Budgeting is an issue here I think. If I were single, I would have got myself an M3.
      05-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #24
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Lurker,

So you got the car, great news mate. Proceed it ASAP

Let me know if you want to share some freight costs for M3 control arms etc as I'm looking to get them in the next month or so to dial in some camber without going to the extreme of camber plates.

Cheers,

S
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #25
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiuM View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this standard? you put your key in and it moves to your saved position?
Does anyone have it set up so that the seat returns to your position when you unlock the car instead of put it in the ignition? I can't seem to get it to do it even though it says in the manual...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #26
lurker
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

My comments on options were based on the brochure I downloaded from the website. Seats were an empty box option... The things I listed were the empty box items on the brochure that the car has. I think it had pretty much every option on the brochure except the metallic paint and active steer.

Anyway... I am getting it. It is the cheapest advertised over the last few months, and it is manual with all options which is what I wanted. Probably prefer a darker grey colour, but everything else is good. Would love to have got it cheaper, but need the car quickly. Just hoping to get as much back as possible come sale time hopefully when the economy has returned.

Wopalxhe ... keep me updated. Not planning many mods... WRX is the track car!!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #27
Timbo
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Does anyone have it set up so that the seat returns to your position when you unlock the car instead of put it in the ignition? I can't seem to get it to do it even though it says in the manual...
Yeah mine does this.... you can set it in iDrive somewhere... have a go and if it doesn't work I can have a look around to try and find where I did it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Just doing my maths and seems like a good deal. Electric seats with memory are standard but car has lots of options. If you see value in those options and you can deal with 18,000km's go for it. Personally I would rather a new car with no options for not much more $$$.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #29
lurker
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
Just doing my maths and seems like a good deal. Electric seats with memory are standard but car has lots of options. If you see value in those options and you can deal with 18,000km's go for it. Personally I would rather a new car with no options for not much more $$$.
Price payed was $67k, but by the time I changed over rego and put 12 months onto it, it will be around $69.5k with 12 months rego. I would have loved to get it for around $5k cheaper, but there is none going that cheap second hand even though redbook says otherwise. In my case I need the car quickly (could not wait from BMW for several months), and will own for 12-18 months and sell. Was just trying to look for the lowest cost way to get into a 135i for around 12-18 months and then sell for minimal loss. Hopefully this is it. I figure if I would have bought new, I would have payed atleast $10-15k more with simialr options and had to wait months for delivery. Hopefully my decision is a good one. If not I will just lose $5k or so compared to doing it a different way I guess.

Thanks for all your advice guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #30
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

better then sex? no why taka! i have to agree with Joe there ^^
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #31
dr.bmw
Chirurgeon
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i AW/CR

Garage List
2008 125i  [10.00]
excellent price for an awesome car mate
18K kms probably means its just done its first service anyway and saved you some cash
Cheers