BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

What do you love about your BMW? Here's 10 things I LOVE about my 135i!

My newest video on my youtube channel was a list of 10 things I love about my 135i!

I'd love to hear everyone else's favorite things are about their BMW! comment away and If you liked my video and want to see more content/support my channel make sure to SUBSCRIBE on youtube!
      03-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I've driven a 135is before.

My mind was just blown, it was just pure intoxication and euphoria. The power, the steering, the liveliness of the chassis, just everything about that car was pure perfection.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I've driven a 135is before.

My mind was just blown, it was just pure intoxication and euphoria. The power, the steering, the liveliness of the chassis, just everything about that car was pure perfection.
ive heard they are their great cars, but I still think an older N54 with 10-15K in tasteful aftermarket bits would be better for the money Like an LSD, Ohlins coilovers, Brake upgrades, FBO, etc..)
      06-19-2017, 12:36 AM   #4
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Hey, I just wanted to revive this thread to say one thing I love so much about my 1er, which has been a totally underrated mod since I did it: Carly.

I got Carly so I could code the digital speedo and set it to be 100% accurate on the dash, and while I was there I found the option to disable the seatbelt warning sound.

You know when you get in the car and throw your bag on the passenger seat?

... Then when you get up to speed it starts screeching at you and you're either pushing your bag off to the floor in front of the seat or trying to buckle up the passenger seat seatbelt while driving down the highway. Yeah, I haven't had to do that for months. It's awesome. Thanks Carly.

I drove my wife's subaru yesterday and was reminded of how f*ckin' annoying that is, and I never have to worry about it in my 1er.

Anyway, it's the small things that bother you every single day that I've been able to fix incrementally after getting this car. That seatbelt thing is awesome.

The SmartTop 'single push' to open and close the roof of my vert was an equally important modification for me, and I love that too - but I really think that was one I should not have had to make. (F*ck you BMW, that 'you must hold the button while the roof completes its operation' was a STUPID design decision)

I got my 1er because it was a little car with no roof and a very big engine. I love it because it's so hackable.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
Kturbos
House Stark
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 & E82 128i & E36 M3

Have owned quite a few BMW's in my life and really won't buy anything else. The only reason I have a Dodge is because I needed a big truck. If BMW build a pickup, your damn straight I would own it. With BMW it is that perfect combination of luxury and performance. The perfect balance of the two worlds that most manufacturers butcher. Every time I get into one of my bimmers, I have a smile on my face. The 1 specifically, is just fun as hell. It is small and nimble. After modding it is basically like mighty mouse. A little fucking badger from hell. You can pull moves from the original Fast and The Furious driving under trucks and stealing millions of dollars worth of electronics.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

thanks for responses guys, I truly do love my Bimmer. since I made this video Ive done quite a few mods, quite a lot of maintenance and upgrades, and my car has grown to be a million times more enjoyable to me. Not saying I didn't love it when it was stock, but it just keeps getting better and better!

For anyone who also saw my "10 things I hate about my 135i" video, that was purely for entertainment purposes / creating youtube content. I do not hate my 135i in any way and some may have misinterpreted the video, but I just wanted to respond to this thread to say how much I love my Bimmer!
      06-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #7
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
Hey, I just wanted to revive this thread to say one thing I love so much about my 1er, which has been a totally underrated mod since I did it: Carly.

I got Carly so I could code the digital speedo and set it to be 100% accurate on the dash, and while I was there I found the option to disable the seatbelt warning sound.

You know when you get in the car and throw your bag on the passenger seat?

... Then when you get up to speed it starts screeching at you and you're either pushing your bag off to the floor in front of the seat or trying to buckle up the passenger seat seatbelt while driving down the highway. Yeah, I haven't had to do that for months. It's awesome. Thanks Carly.

I drove my wife's subaru yesterday and was reminded of how f*ckin' annoying that is, and I never have to worry about it in my 1er.

Anyway, it's the small things that bother you every single day that I've been able to fix incrementally after getting this car. That seatbelt thing is awesome.

The SmartTop 'single push' to open and close the roof of my vert was an equally important modification for me, and I love that too - but I really think that was one I should not have had to make. (F*ck you BMW, that 'you must hold the button while the roof completes its operation' was a STUPID design decision)

I got my 1er because it was a little car with no roof and a very big engine. I love it because it's so hackable.
Just read your post and totally agree re the seatbelt warning. A heavy bag on the passenger seat can be very annoying. I bet the digital speedo is handy too.