BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #89
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Made me cringe, thinking how the compliance would be riding so low, geometry all wrong. You'd scrape everything all the time.
+1 Couldn't agree more. I like to drive my car, not have to rock it over every little bump in the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #90
nasperated
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 e84 xDrive 23D

Garage List
Love what you've done to the car mate, I've been eyeing off some of those e90 rims for a bit. Do you mind letting me know where you got the blackline LCI LED tail-lights? I have the LCI low ones, without the LEDs. Interested in trading up, keen to know how much you got them for.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #91
JHS130
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM 130i 6MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 130i  [0.00]
Wow, been away for a good two months or so due to an overseas trip so I missed the comments but thanks for the compliments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechz View Post
Found a hot looking 130. Very tempted to do the same headlight conversion.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/11/h...oor-hatchback/
Yeah those headlights do look sweet with the E87 M Sport kit. Just that the cost of the headlight units make me cringe especially when I've got suspension upgrades, LSD and possibly 135i/BMWP brakes on the agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
This a great thread. I loved my 130i and I can see you're enjoying yours even more.
I find after a track day it usually takes 2-3 days of city driving to get rid of all the brake resin and deposits off so pedal feel doesn't come back until then. I'd recommend a brake bleed before and after a track day either way, it should become part of your track setup routine.

Braided brake lines I wouldn't bother, better pads and fluid definitely.
Also a 4 point harness is a must if you want to do more track days, it's amazing how it'll hold you in and let you focus on the driving. Revolution RaceGear has them. In my wrx I replaced the seatbelt bolts with eye bolts and clipped the harness into them, it was the common way to do it. I'd assume you could do similar on the 130i. I need to do the same for the 1M.

Keep up the updates.
Thanks for the tips Smiley! Brake service is first on my to do list when I get back to Melbourne. Still have to do some research on what pads I'll be using so if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!
18" 193M | Michelin PS RFT (225/40 F, 255/35 R)| BMWP Intake | BMWP Gloss Black Grille | LCI Blackline LED Tail Lights | LED Licence Plate Lights | CF Wrapped Trim | BMS Clutch Stop | Resonator Delete + Flapper Mod
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #92
JHS130
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM 130i 6MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 130i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrrellnick View Post
Love what you've done to the car mate, I've been eyeing off some of those e90 rims for a bit. Do you mind letting me know where you got the blackline LCI LED tail-lights? I have the LCI low ones, without the LEDs. Interested in trading up, keen to know how much you got them for.

Cheers!
PM sent!
18" 193M | Michelin PS RFT (225/40 F, 255/35 R)| BMWP Intake | BMWP Gloss Black Grille | LCI Blackline LED Tail Lights | LED Licence Plate Lights | CF Wrapped Trim | BMS Clutch Stop | Resonator Delete + Flapper Mod
Appreciate 0