BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #23
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Im tryng to understand this all. but i keep feeling skeptical especially since they will not give me anything in writing. She cant give me a garuntee that they wont reject me in june. However, she said as long as i pass, i should be fine. So i dont understand what the hold up is?

Should i talk to the dean?
      03-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #24
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Talk to the Dean, then tell him this: "I have friends in the East Coast that will skin you alive and throw you into the salt pit, if you keep messing around with my head like this. Am I in or not?"
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
BE.EM.VU.
Private First Class
Poland
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 08 E90 335i 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Yea too bad that its in long island.

So wtf! Im mad.. yes im in, then no im not, then yes you are, then no confirmation?... Should i go behind her back and talk to the dean?
Seems like you are not getting anywhere with this advisor...so talk to the dean.
If their computer system cannot produce a letter stating that you have been accepted contingent to you maintaining your GPA because of some coding issue with their computer, then the dean should at least send you an e-mail to that effect.
May I suggest that If you cannot get a satisfactory response to your inquisitive inquiry from these persons of great educational stature, perhaps a timely telephone call to the New Joisey technical problem solving department might be in order...just a suggestion...
      03-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #26
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Talk to the Dean, then tell him this: "I have friends in the East Coast that will skin you alive and throw you into the salt pit, if you keep messing around with my head like this. Am I in or not?"
Hahaha i should! My uncle and my a friend of the family both have ties to some not so nice people in NJ. Hmm.. good call shim
      03-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #27
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha i should! My uncle and my a friend of the family both have ties to some not so nice people in NJ. Hmm.. good call shim
I am an active member of the Triads.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #28
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
No you're not. Triads are Chinese. You're Korean.
      03-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #29
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
No you're not. Triads are Chinese. You're Korean.
Aye, they are. HOWEVER, I used to make Korean food in a Chinese restaurant, so we're like THIS:
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #30
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Aye, they are. HOWEVER, I used to make Korean food in a Chinese restaurant
Hahahah! These days, it is getting harder and harder to distinguish between the Viet, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.

People think I'm all of those. They guess Chinese last. Only white folk would guess I'm Philipino.
      03-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #31
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Hahahah! These days, it is getting harder and harder to distinguish between the Viet, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.

People think I'm all of those. They guess Chinese last. Only white folk would guess I'm Philipino.
Are they?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #32
BE.EM.VU.
Private First Class
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're a musician too? what's your favorite triad?...Major or minor triads?...Personally , I enjoy the C E G triad
      03-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #33
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE.EM.VU.
You're a musician too? what's your favorite triad?...Major or minor triads?...Personally , I enjoy the C E G triad
I played the violin for 9 years, cello for a year, flute for a year, and can play Mary had a little lamb on the piano. So, no.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #34
BE.EM.VU.
Private First Class
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I played the violin for 9 years, cello for a year, flute for a year, and can play Mary had a little lamb on the piano. So, no.
Too bad...
      03-16-2006, 02:44 PM   #35
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I am also an astronaut/Yakusa.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #36
BE.EM.VU.
Private First Class
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am also an astronaut/Yakusa.
Hey, any relationship to Guiseppe Yakusa from Kentucky?...He's distant uncle & a member of that japanese mafia outfit, the Yakuza
      03-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #37
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
So back to the original post..

Can i accept Hofstra and then later back out, if i hear from monmouth? Or should i call the dean of admissions and talk to him/her directly about my situation esp being from out of state.
      03-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #38
nabutes
career student
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

Quote:
So back to the original post..

Can i accept Hofstra and then later back out, if i hear from monmouth? Or should i call the dean of admissions and talk to him/her directly about my situation esp being from out of state.

I think my original post was swallowed up by the triad discussion, but do exactly that...accept Hofstra and call the Dean.

You shouldn't tolerate this typical NJ bureaucratic bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #39
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Cant you reply to the other school and keep this one in touch?? So if you dont get in Monmouth you at least have this other school as Plan B.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #40
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Ya, this all sounds very odd. I recieved the acceptance letters from all the schools that accepted me well before I had to make a decision.(Feb-March sounds about right but I don't remember exactly) There were schools from all over the country so I don't think it was some regional thing. Sorry I don't have any advice though since my admissions process seems to have gone differently than yours. I don't really know how that stuff works.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #41
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

i wouldnt trust any of those aca advisers. theyre just not that relaible. ive been screwed a few times because the advsier screwed up and all they can say is "oops." if your adviser is wrong with her info trust you me, you pretty much SOL. ie. if you get rejected and you already rejected hofstra, your adviser wont be able to get you in because she told you so on the phone.

talk to the dean of admissions or whatever they have. try to get something in writting. like a conditional letter of acceptance from the dean or something. im sure he/she will sympathize with your situation. but if they not...than you know where your school stands with your needs and future needs. its only a phone call and youll regret it if you dont. g'luck with that.

note to shim:

i dont know why i didnt rcognize your name and being korean before. i went to the WBC game in anaheim last night. never seen so many damn korean in one place. 39,500+ and about 100 japanese people and three white guys watch out bella those damn koreans are headed your way this weekend for the games at petco.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #42
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I agree with Biggie. I wouldnt trust them. If something happens, you're the one who's gonna get screwed. I would def. have a plan B.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #43
Squawks
United_States
Rep

If Monmouth never finds out about the dual school acceptance (along with Hofstra), then you are good to go.

If either of the schools finds out, you are in trouble. It is a simple breach of ethics. Period. Hofstra will put Monmouth on fire for "stealing" away one of their accepted students. Monmouth would not like to be involved in such a political showdown.

The Plan B maneuver is a legal move. You won't get penalized (unless the acceptance letter specifically states you must pay certain fees/tuition upon agreement) and you won't get jailed. But it isn't ethical and it can potentially backfire on you.

Why don't you call Hofstra later yourself and ask them what would happen if you accept them before the May 1 deadline but before Fall semester/quarter begins, you turn them down for another academic program. If they sound like it won't matter much, go for it.
      03-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #44
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Im super confused. I think im going to call the dean of admissions monday, explain my situation.. and see what he says. Then i gotta decide what to do about hofstra. If i accept them, and later monmouth says yes, then i gotta cancel my admittance. They cant "force" me to go there. But how can they expect me to move across the country, hire and train someone to take over my job, and figure out my living situation in a month. No way, they need to give me some kind of verification that i didnt get revoked.