BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Dinan Exhaust???

Hey Guys,

Just wondering how many members here happen to be running the dinan free flow exhaust and how do you like it? Ive been searching for the right exhaust for months and the one I wanted is no longer made. Never really considered dinan until I saw it mounted on another members car recently. Looked very good so I searched for some vids but only found a couple on youtube of the 135i with it. So asking members opinions for those that either have it or have heard it in person. I know they make good products so not worried about quality just wondering about the sound. I have DPs so I dont want anything obnoxiously loud around town. I know most will be under WOT which is fine. Love to hear some feedback. Worth the price???
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Hey Guys,

Just wondering how many members here happen to be running the dinan free flow exhaust and how do you like it? Ive been searching for the right exhaust for months and the one I wanted is no longer made. Never really considered dinan until I saw it mounted on another members car recently. Looked very good so I searched for some vids but only found a couple on youtube of the 135i with it. So asking members opinions for those that either have it or have heard it in person. I know they make good products so not worried about quality just wondering about the sound. I have DPs so I dont want anything obnoxiously loud around town. I know most will be under WOT which is fine. Love to hear some feedback. Worth the price???
I had the dinan free flow exhaust.

The exhaust looks great. I know you didn't inquire about the build quality, but it is important to note that it is a nice quality piece.

The exhaust sounds really good also. I have had it on my car with stock down and mid pipes, where it sounded more aggressive than stock and slightly louder during regular driving. The exhaust had a much different note when under hard acceleration. It really came to life at WOT.

I later modified the car with MS downpipes and a berk mid. The exhaust still sounded very good, but it was much louder than stock. It droned when cruising around 1800rpm especially up hills. So I would just drive in a higher gear.

A few months down the road, I had to remove my downpipes for a dealer visit for some potential warranty work. The sound of the Dinan with the Berk Mid w/ Stock downpipes sounded amazing.

I only recently removed the Dinan because I did a 1M conversion and fitted a 1M exhaust on my car.

If you already have downpipes and want to better the sound of your car without increasing too much volume or droning while keeping your secondary cats(stock midpipe), the dinan will be a good choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post

The exhaust looks great. I know you didn't inquire about the build quality, but it is important to note that it is a nice quality piece.

The exhaust sounds really good also. I have had it on my car with stock down and mid pipes, where it sounded more aggressive than stock and slightly louder during regular driving. The exhaust had a much different note when under hard acceleration. It really came to life at WOT.

I later modified the car with MS downpipes and a berk mid. The exhaust still sounded very good, but it was much louder than stock. It droned when cruising around 1800rpm especially up hills. So I would just drive in a higher gear.

A few months down the road, I had to remove my downpipes for a dealer visit for some potential warranty work. The sound of the Dinan with the Berk Mid w/ Stock downpipes sounded amazing.

I only recently removed the Dinan because I did a 1M conversion and fitted a 1M exhaust on my car.

If you already have downpipes and want to better the sound of your car without increasing too much volume or droning while keeping your secondary cats(stock midpipe), the dinan will be a good choice.
Im an n55 guy. No secondary cats for me. I mostly just want that annoying rasp gone that came after i installed the dp at cold start and hard acceleration. Think it will work for that? Interested in selling your dinan perhaps?

Last edited by Bmwbreed; 03-20-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

I've run the Dinan exhaust for the last 3 years. Love the sound, maybe wish for a little bit more than just the exhaust, but then I remember I went this way to not have an annoying drone on the highway. It's just a more aggressive sound than than stock without being aggressive all the time. And dat burble...

But something you may not realize. It's only a muffler. With the Dinan exhaust you have to cut off your old muffler and bolt the free flow muffler over the pipe you just cut. it's not a true bolt on like other exhausts because you do destroy your stock part. I'm not going back, but it's something to consider.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
I've run the Dinan exhaust for the last 3 years. Love the sound, maybe wish for a little bit more than just the exhaust, but then I remember I went this way to not have an annoying drone on the highway. It's just a more aggressive sound than than stock without being aggressive all the time. And dat burble...

But something you may not realize. It's only a muffler. With the Dinan exhaust you have to cut off your old muffler and bolt the free flow muffler over the pipe you just cut. it's not a true bolt on like other exhausts because you do destroy your stock part. I'm not going back, but it's something to consider.
I did know that. But I appreciate you looking out for me bro.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post

Im an n55 guy. No secondary cats for me. I mostly just want that annoying rasp gone that came after i installed the dp at cold start and hard acceleration. Think it will work for that? Interested in selling your dinan perhaps?
I cannot comment if it will get rid of the rasp from the downpipe on an n55.

I will be listing my dinan for sale with the connecting pipe, so it will be direct bolt on. PM me if you are interested.
Appreciate 0