No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-c View Post
Wondered if, by chance, you had any good pics that you could share of terracotta? If we do a 135, that's the color we've been considering, perhaps w/ space gray.
Dealer samples, and forum pics here and elsewhere seem to vary. Is it really like the color of a leather football, would you say, or otherwise?
Thanks
---

Pete-C

Sure I'll post some as soon as I'm back on my mac
      03-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #24
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

The big separator here is going to be price. Can you afford an extra coin to own a 1m over a 135? For me the 1m fit my price range and what I wanted perfectly. I thought for a while I may have to "settle" and order a 135 because of the high premiums out there for the 1m. I was lucky to find a local one with all the options I wanted for a price that worked for me. That said, if I had the opportunity to get a new allocation I might have done it differently (white maybe). Thats the perk of the 135, can get it exactly how you like it.

So far, for what I have used it for I think the 135 would have been perfect. But I plan on going to the track/autocross and probably would have modified the 135 with m3 suspension/coilovers/lsd which would have run up the money I spent on the 135. I love how individual the 1m is. It looks different, sounds aggressive, and really feels like a special car. I think I would have been happy with a 135, but I am in love with the 1m.

As much as I love the 1m, I wouldn't pay some of the asking prices out there. Just not really worth it at a certain point. Now whether or not it will be a collector car will be hard to tell. Yes it was a limited run, but there are examples of low production volume cars that are not "collector" cars (most ended up being pieces of crap). I am not betting on this car being a collector car honestly. I bought it because I love driving it and thats what I intend to do. I expect it to depreciate less than your average car so that will be nice, but who knows. It is an awesome drivers car, its going to get dirty and rack up some miles (nothing crazy, I have a 2 mile commute each way).
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Considering a 1 series. Have only driven a DCT 135 coupe for a short period. Like spirited driving (previous sports cars and Italian bikes).

Wonder what actual owners think - - is a 1M a good daily driver, or would a 135 coupe w/ M Sport Pkg. be better, all around, w/ features like a sun roof, folding rear seat, etc.?
I love having a sunroof.
But if I had a 1M I could do without it.

However, for a daily driver, and something not as special as a 1M, I HAVE to have a sunroof. That's one of the drawbacks to having a convertible.
It's the ultimate sunroof, but only on days when you can lower the roof.
The other half of the year, no sunroof.
Some don't care for sunroofs though, to each their own.

I'm sure the 1M is an excellent daily driver. Most reviewers and owners have said how smooth they are day to day driving, and it's only a beast when you want it to be. It's a pussy cat day to day and can roar like a lion and run like cheetah when you unleash it.

As the one poster said, it's more a question of whether you want a new 135i or a used 1M, cause I believe the 1M's have sold out.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Wondered if, by chance, you had any good pics that you could share of terracotta? If we do a 135, that's the color we've been considering, perhaps w/ space gray.
Dealer samples, and forum pics here and elsewhere seem to vary. Is it really like the color of a leather football, would you say, or otherwise?
Thanks
Terra is a nice color. It's has a sort of light reddish chocolate appearance.
It would look nice with space gray.
I prefer the coral red. It's very sporty and makes for a unique interior.
Everyone who has seen it loves it. I've even had positive remarks at stop lights about the coral.

You do have to see terra in person as it's a hard color to "see" in pictures. It's offered in other BMW's, so go to a BMW dealer and look around.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
RPM90
Major General
Rep

[QUOTE=borabora;11532015]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post

Has any stock used 1M sold for under $50K yet?

there was that BSM 1M on Carmax a few months ago for $45K but with 20K miles ...
That's not too bad in price, and you can probably negotiate a better deal.
20K miles is nothing, and gives you some negotiating room.
Appreciate 0