BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #111
carlosalbertogui
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw E91 facelifted by me

thanks i already have this

what iam asking is if i can disconect pin8 from the car plug

or even with auto leveling not connected i have to keep pin 8 and pin 9 and pin 10 and pin 11 connected

if i could use one of this wire i didnt have to put another cable from headlight to frm

best regards

seeing this diagrams i think it will do no harm but i would like second and especialized opinion

Last edited by carlosalbertogui; 06-30-2011 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #112
franco87
Rep
Drives: E81

Hi Carlos,
Im not sure but if you disconnect pin8 from car plug, i think that you lose manual leveling function from light switch unit.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #113
carlosalbertogui
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco87 View Post
Hi Carlos,
Im not sure but if you disconnect pin8 from car plug, i think that you lose manual leveling function from light switch unit.
i now that i will lose manual leveling ....
since i do the coding and put xenon lci at bmw then manual leveling not working so that wires are doing nothing or they are ??? i didnt instal auto leveling sensors so

best regards

Last edited by carlosalbertogui; 06-30-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #114
franco87
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosalbertogui View Post
i now that i will lose manual leveling ....
since i do the coding and put xenon lci at bmw then manual leveling not working so that wires are doing nothing or they are ??? i didnt instal auto leveling sensors so

best regards
if you like use pin8 for this, you can use it but i think that manual leveling is posible by recoding
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #115
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Well, I installed the OEM Xenon retrofit wiring harness (which was a royal PITA).

Have the xenon high beams now which is good but still cant the angel eyes to work. I still keep getting error codes 378/379 which says that the side lights/drls are defective. Now I have changed the h8 bulbs, correctly installed the wiring harness (as per the BMW instructions) but still the angel eyes wont work. Just about given up on this, the coding appears to correct so I am completely out of ideas.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #116
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
Well, I installed the OEM Xenon retrofit wiring harness (which was a royal PITA).

Have the xenon high beams now which is good but still cant the angel eyes to work. I still keep getting error codes 378/379 which says that the side lights/drls are defective. Now I have changed the h8 bulbs, correctly installed the wiring harness (as per the BMW instructions) but still the angel eyes wont work. Just about given up on this, the coding appears to correct so I am completely out of ideas.
Measure the current from the angel eye wires with a multimeter? Seems like they're not getting any power or something? Or it could always be the angel eye wiring inside the headlight :/ try test the H8 socket where you plug the H8 into too to see if that is getting power? You might find its not

Did you code the VO to all modules?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #117
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Measure the current from the angel eye wires with a multimeter? Seems like they're not getting any power or something? Or it could always be the angel eye wiring inside the headlight :/ try test the H8 socket where you plug the H8 into too to see if that is getting power? You might find its not

Did you code the VO to all modules?
I dont think it is the wiring as the high beam doesnt actually work either, I thought it was now working but it isnt, it just doesnt throw any codes.

I have only coded the NFRM and CAS as they are the only ones that need it apparantly.

Once I get the headlight washers and levelers installed I will take it to get coded by a workshop with autologic. Save all this hassle.

In the meantime, I am out of ideas
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #118
carlosalbertogui
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I dont think it is the wiring as the high beam doesnt actually work either, I thought it was now working but it isnt, it just doesnt throw any codes.

I have only coded the NFRM and CAS as they are the only ones that need it apparantly.

Once I get the headlight washers and levelers installed I will take it to get coded by a workshop with autologic. Save all this hassle.

In the meantime, I am out of ideas

the xenon are lci non ahl ??
can you please tell me what car do you have ???
can you please tell me what pins are connected in headlight and FRM

best regards
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #119
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosalbertogui View Post
the xenon are lci non ahl ??
can you please tell me what car do you have ???
can you please tell me what pins are connected in headlight and FRM

best regards
The headlights are non-ahl, non-lci xenons.

The car is a e82 09/2009 build 125i

Headlight pin function FRM3 pin

Pin 1 AE x14261 41 left
x14260 14 Right
Pin 2 ground (ground terminal)
Pin 5 Bi-xenon shutter x14260 41
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #120
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep

I got the DIS program to run and it says the frm has the following errors.

Left Daytime Driving Light - Open Circuit - Fault still present
Right Daytime Driving Light - Open Circuit - Fault still present

What exactly would create an open circuit in this case? How could I rectify this?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #121
Jonny Tea
Rep
Drives: 123d M Sport Coupe in White

OK so ive got an e82, with factory halogen headlight, plugged in a xenon headlight with bulbs and ballast and all i get is indicator, levels and side light.
I then unplugged the headlight and made myself some wires with male and female spade connections either side to see if I could get the xenon to light up.
A few tinkering and I got the shutter to work but the plug for the xenon just wont work?

Is it the wrong current or something because ive definitively had power going to the pin of the xenon and ive had nothing...

any help because I'm about to sell these headlights I've bought!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #122
blingers
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Pre-LCI 130i

Quote:
I got the DIS program to run and it says the frm has the following errors.

Left Daytime Driving Light - Open Circuit - Fault still present
Right Daytime Driving Light - Open Circuit - Fault still present

What exactly would create an open circuit in this case? How could I rectify this?
faulty nfrm? Check fuses? Btw if the same error happens a certain amount of times the frm locks itself with that error. Maybe this applies to drl errors so keep that in mind. You can reset the counter to unlock it for frm2 and frm3 to unlock but even reseting is limited.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 02:55 AM   #123
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingers View Post
faulty nfrm? Check fuses? Btw if the same error happens a certain amount of times the frm locks itself with that error. Maybe this applies to drl errors so keep that in mind. You can reset the counter to unlock it for frm2 and frm3 to unlock but even reseting is limited.
I am thinking that it is the coding that is the issue. I have tripple checked the wiring and it exactly as in the bmw instructions yet the high beam shutter and the DRLs dont work. I would say that its because my software was updated by the dealership in march this year and the ncsexpert etc arent able to overwrite newer coding maybe?

How many times before the FRM locks up? What would the consequences of that happening be?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #124
blingers
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I am thinking that it is the coding that is the issue. I have tripple checked the wiring and it exactly as in the bmw instructions yet the high beam shutter and the DRLs dont work. I would say that its because my software was updated by the dealership in march this year and the ncsexpert etc arent able to overwrite newer coding maybe?

How many times before the FRM locks up? What would the consequences of that happening be?
sorry i don;t know enough about programming/coding answer that, hopefully someone here or ********* can help.

what frm do you have? or have you retrofitted a frm3? what date was the changeover from frm2 to frm3?

i dont know when it locks up but yeah maybe it is locked after all the hassle/troubleshooting you did? it will have the error and i think it stops powering the problem light... again, i don't know if this applies to DRL and shutter, i mainly read about headlight and taillight locks. there is a way to check and reset the lock by tool32 software i have to find the link i read that up on.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #125
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated.

I have FRM3 and it came with the car from the factory. Not sure if it is because of the lock-up issue as it has done this the moment I coded the $522.

From that link you sent me, someone mentions that they have FRM2 which inpa calls FRM_70. When I use inpa to look at my FRM, it only gives FRMII (FRM_70) as the option. When I click it, it gives a dialog box saying 'searched for FRM_87 - Found FRM_70". Weird. It has FRM3 written on the actual unit.

I think I might have to buy a new one and start fresh. I says you have to do this in the BMW retrofit instructions anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #126
blingers
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated.

I have FRM3 and it came with the car from the factory. Not sure if it is because of the lock-up issue as it has done this the moment I coded the $522.

From that link you sent me, someone mentions that they have FRM2 which inpa calls FRM_70. When I use inpa to look at my FRM, it only gives FRMII (FRM_70) as the option. When I click it, it gives a dialog box saying 'searched for FRM_87 - Found FRM_70". Weird. It has FRM3 written on the actual unit.

I think I might have to buy a new one and start fresh. I says you have to do this in the BMW retrofit instructions anyway.
no worries. maybe the frm was locked before you added the wiring harness so the new wiring may have actually fixed the problem but the frm was locked with those errors before the wiring. just putting my thoughts down i could be wrong and misdirecting you from the real problem...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #127
PrMaX
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M-packet

What is written on your FRM module sticker ?

It's very important what type of module do you have.

Below is a brief list of modules and their functions.

LOW: without fog lamps, without XENON, without AHL
NSW, BASIS: with fog lamps, without XENON, without AHL
XE: with fog lamps, with XENON, without AHL
AHL: with fog lamps, with XENON, with AHL
      07-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #128
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrMaX View Post
What is written on your FRM module sticker ?

It's very important what type of module do you have.

Below is a brief list of modules and their functions.

LOW: without fog lamps, without XENON, without AHL
NSW, BASIS: with fog lamps, without XENON, without AHL
XE: with fog lamps, with XENON, without AHL
AHL: with fog lamps, with XENON, with AHL
I didnt see where these were written on the label when I was in the footwell. Does this mean that they are pre-coded to have only those functions? I would have the NSW, BASIS config as that is how my car came from the factory.

When I look at Realoem for footwell module 3, it doesnt give me a choice of any of these, so I assume that a new one wouldnt have any pre-configuration and can used for which-ever purpose?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #129
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingers View Post
no worries. maybe the frm was locked before you added the wiring harness so the new wiring may have actually fixed the problem but the frm was locked with those errors before the wiring. just putting my thoughts down i could be wrong and misdirecting you from the real problem...
Yeah maybe it was pre-locked. I had a look at that process in the link you sent me and once I decipher what the hell they are talking about I will give that a shot. I cant see where these 'arguments' are to be entered in tools32

In the meantime I will place an order for a new FRM3 as BMW say it is required for the xenon retrofit even if you already have frm3 or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #130
PrMaX
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M-packet

Quote:
I didnt see where these were written on the label when I was in the footwell. Does this mean that they are pre-coded to have only those functions? I would have the NSW, BASIS config as that is how my car came from the factory.

When I look at Realoem for footwell module 3, it doesnt give me a choice of any of these, so I assume that a new one wouldnt have any pre-configuration and can used for which-ever purpose?
Yes, they are pre-coded and have only those functions that your car has.

All new FRM3 modules have generic software and must be programmed/coded to your car.
      07-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #131
franco87
Rep

I have xenon headlight retrofit manual in e81 LCI. It is in spanish

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSFPQXHR
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #132
carlosalbertogui
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco87 View Post
I have xenon headlight retrofit manual in e81 LCI. It is in spanish

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSFPQXHR
do you have the retrofit manual for E90/E91 LCI facelit

thanks in advance

in FRM module if a pin already have a wire can we connect another wire ???

Last edited by carlosalbertogui; 07-13-2011 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0