E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who else is on the Hojin? (NYK)

06-12-2006, 07:33 AM   #309
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006--E90, Graphite

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghunger
You've really lost it now. lol
Checking in on your cars progress a couple times a week is one thing, but stalking it at the VPC and hiding from guards.
Just hope your car doesn't get a restraining order on you.
STALKER!!!! I hope you aren't on America's Most Wanted "EDAWG"..LOL

Well hey at least he gave us all a glimpse of where our babies are at...Let's see if our phones ring in the next few days....
      06-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #310
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xit

u know what I am a stalker...I am glad that the vpc is close to me and I got to see soooo many cars..across the lot from bmw is range rover..man nothing but nice cars...I wasn't really hiding in bushes but I passed in my truck and snapped some photos right as security was coming out..lol...hey its not everyday we get to see our cars like that..lol
      06-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #311
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
That's some funny stuff...if only someone had taken some pictures of you in the bushes doing that...now those would have been some cool pics! LOL
      06-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #312
rpiopio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2011 X3 , 2000e39

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Holy crap that is some serious spy sheit eDawg! I love it! LOL...

So my CA emails me back after I tell him I've been tracking the ship. He says that it could take up to 7 days to go through customs and 4 days for truckin. I hope he's sandbagging. I can't wait that long knowing that it's on dry land now. :mad:

Anyone else get a solid confirmation from their dealer yet? I see a bunch of speculation that we'd hear something in the next few days, but no scheduled pickup dates. I think we're all just waiting by our phones...
      06-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #313
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Lock up your doors and close all your wnidows...EDAWG has got this phone camera ready for perverted action!
      06-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #314
gos
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpiopio
Holy crap that is some serious spy sheit eDawg! I love it! LOL...

So my CA emails me back after I tell him I've been tracking the ship. He says that it could take up to 7 days to go through customs and 4 days for truckin. I hope he's sandbagging. I can't wait that long knowing that it's on dry land now. :mad:

Anyone else get a solid confirmation from their dealer yet? I see a bunch of speculation that we'd hear something in the next few days, but no scheduled pickup dates. I think we're all just waiting by our phones...
As I understand it, unless something major occurred, the time inside the VPC doing actual work is pretty short, 1-2 days. The big question marks are the following:

1) What's the backlog of vehicles trying to be processed? -- in our case, hopefully little, because it had been over a week since the previous BMW-carrying ship docked. Since they can process something like 600 cars/day, that means they could have moved almost 3000 cars from the previous ship before ours even arrived.

2) How long does the finished car wait for a truck? -- for people in Socal this probably isn't much of a problem, since the trucks can roundtrip in a few hours. For me, it may take an extra few days to find transportation. Hopefully not, but one never knows.

All in all, if there's a truck waiting to go it could be at my dealership Thursday at the earliest, but I am realistically hopeful of a Saturday morning or afternoon delivery.

--gos
      06-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #315
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

You seem to have forgotten Customs gos. That is the part that can take the most time out of any of them. If you're car is processed normally it won't take very long, but if you're one of the randomly chosen cars to go through full inspection, it can take considerably longer. Like rpiopio's CA said, could take a week in customs if you're unlucky.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #316
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I understand being realistic about the whole VPC process but come guys we are also trying to be optimists here too!
      06-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #317
mwilli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, TiAg of course

Was just at my CA, estimated time of arrival for my car which was just unloaded is Saturday. That includes a 2 day truck ride from LA to Seattle.
      06-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #318
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bimmer
Lock up your doors and close all your wnidows...EDAWG has got this phone camera ready for perverted action!
better close you window blinds too..hahaha
      06-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #319
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilli
Was just at my CA, estimated time of arrival for my car which was just unloaded is Saturday. That includes a 2 day truck ride from LA to Seattle.
Not to sound like an idiot but my math leaves me with the impression that your car will leave the VPC on Thursday this week??
      06-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #320
mwilli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Not to sound like an idiot but my math leaves me with the impression that your car will leave the VPC on Thursday this week??

Thats what the website said that he went too, it had all the cars scheduled to be delivered to that BMW dealership, out on Thursday in on Saturday.
      06-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #321
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thats what the website said that he went too, it had all the cars scheduled to be delivered to that BMW dealership, out on Thursday in on Saturday.
You mean to his/your dealership in WA? My CA sucks a$$...I should call your guy and see if he can find out when my car is being shipped to my dealership...
      06-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #322
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You mean to his/your dealership in WA? My CA sucks a$$...I should call your guy and see if he can find out when my car is being shipped to my dealership...
at least your CA isnt on vacation..! DAMN>>>:mad:
      06-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #323
rpiopio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2011 X3 , 2000e39

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Say what? Your CA was able to tell BY CAR which ones were scheduled to leave the VPC and give an ETA? See, now that's service. I'm not getting that with my CA. Maybe because I did ED and he might be getting a smaller slice. Uncool.

I agree with you Desert, I'm staying optimistic for this weekend. Come on this weekend, come on this weekend.
      06-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #324
mwilli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Say what? Your CA was able to tell BY CAR which ones were scheduled to leave the VPC and give an ETA? See, now that's service. I'm not getting that with my CA. Maybe because I did ED and he might be getting a smaller slice. Uncool.

I agree with you Desert, I'm staying optimistic for this weekend. Come on this weekend, come on this weekend.

I saw the site with my own eyes, once the car has been unloaded to the VPC they update this site with a date for when it leaves the VPC and a estimated arrival time at the dealership.
      06-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #325
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Well, I'm having a similar time with my CA but I think it might be because we did ED. Let me see if I can explain the way I believe it works. BMW can only track a car when someone from BMW can register the car. With ED that's at Freimann when you pick it up and the next time is the VPC. Between those two points they have no idea where the car is unless somone like Harms updates them. With normal cars they can track the car since it's shiped from the factory directly to port and probably even have which ship it will be on scheduled before the car even is finished being manufactured. Us ED people won't know a thing till some guy at the VPC scans our car's VIN and registers it as being at the VPC.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #326
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I saw the site with my own eyes, once the car has been unloaded to the VPC they update this site with a date for when it leaves the VPC and a estimated arrival time at the dealership.
What site is this? Can we (owner's) access this site? Are CA's only authorized this site? Are they checking each individual VIN#, etc. etc.? Maybe I can "push" my CA for this info. if I knew a little more...any help?
      06-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #327
mwilli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What site is this? Can we (owner's) access this site? Are CA's only authorized this site? Are they checking each individual VIN#, etc. etc.? Maybe I can "push" my CA for this info. if I knew a little more...any help?

This was an internal site that I didnt recognize, if you car hasn't been unloaded yet then you won't have any info shown. He showed me my car and another that hadnt been updated yet stating that they haven't unloaded this one yet since I don't have any info.

Maybe yours hasn't been updated yet? What is your CA saying?

Edit: I doubt this is public info that we can get to since It had my personal info and VIN attached to the car.
      06-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #328
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
This was an internal site that I didnt recognize, if you car hasn't been unloaded yet then you won't have any info shown. He showed me my car and another that hadnt been updated yet stating that they haven't unloaded this one yet since I don't have any info.

Maybe yours hasn't been updated yet? What is your CA saying?

Edit: I doubt this is public info that we can get to since It had my personal info and VIN attached to the car.
The only thing my CA tells me is that he will call me either today or tomorrow with some status on an ETA...its annoying! I'm paying his A$$ (commission) to keep me abreast all the time...thank God for this site and you fellow BMW owners or else I probably would have gone really nuts!
      06-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #329
mwilli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The only thing my CA tells me is that he will call me either today or tomorrow with some status on an ETA...its annoying! I'm paying his A$$ (commission) to keep me abreast all the time...thank God for this site and you fellow BMW owners or else I probably would have gone really nuts!

You are going to get yours before I get mine, AZ is much closer than WA. If I am scheduled for Sat/Sun I bet you see yours Thur/Fri.
      06-12-2006, 05:40 PM   #330
Desert Bimmer
Sand lover!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
You are going to get yours before I get mine, AZ is much closer than WA. If I am scheduled for Sat/Sun I bet you see yours Thur/Fri.
That's IF my car goes through the VPC process with no problems and also IF I get on a truck soon with limited stops along with the way...so many variables...