BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #89
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
This truly sucks, but your recent posts led me to believe you weren't satisfied. You were already looking at vipers, lotus, etc, and planning your next vehicle purchase, when you haven't even taken delivery of the 1M. I hope the time you invest, regardless of direction, makes it worth your while. You'll ride off in something BADASS either way.

I feel bad for the extreme coaster you've been riding and the shady measures taken by the dealer. I hope it gets sorted in a way that satisfies you. I don't mean to come off as a downer, as I truly value the support you provide on this forum.
I won't lie i was doubting the purchase. But after driving all other cars, and seeing the 1M in person (my friends) i knew the 1M was the right choice.

It really sucks b.c the only other car i would buy rather than the 1M right now is the Evora. And i would want the S, which is roughly $30k more than the 1M
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #90
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Perhaps you can hold out just a little longer. As more 1Ms arrive to the US in the upcoming months, buyers may have cold feet. Hopefully, we'll see some come available.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #91
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

yep... a UK buyer has already traded his in.. others will have cold feet... or bad backs.. or sore knees...

Someone recently mentioned their " bucket list" of other autos they want.. and I realized, the 1M is/was on mine.. but realistically.. no other cars are on my radar (at least, ones that I can actually afford). I haven't driven a Cayman yet... so perhaps if I drove one I would want one... A GT3 would always be welcome.. but is way more than I could afford,, but simply put.. I really don't lust after any other cars. An E90 M3 sedan would be a nice "consolation prize".. but horrible mileage and super pricey (and now NLA new also... ).. I would have to look to the used market.

If I am unhappy with my 1M... then I might look for a bargain 997 GT3 or more than likely I would import an E30 M3 Sport Evo from the UK in a few years time.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 09-24-2011 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #92
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Perhaps you can hold out just a little longer. As more 1Ms arrive to the US in the upcoming months, buyers may have cold feet. Hopefully, we'll see some come available.
Yeah im most likely gonna wait b.c honestly no car besides the 1M and Evora S are even slightly interesting to me right now. And I'm talking about anything under $150k lol. & Im not a big fan of porsches. Too common here on LI.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #93
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

don,t let the dealership slip away !

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
Yeah im most likely gonna wait b.c honestly no car besides the 1M and Evora S are even slightly interesting to me right now. And I'm talking about anything under $150k lol. & Im not a big fan of porsches. Too common here on LI.
Hasan !
So you are not taking any actions for against this S-itty dealership?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #94
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Someone recently mentioned their " bucket list" of other autos they want.. and I realized, the 1M is/was on mine.. but realistically.. no other cars are on my radar (at least, ones that I can actually afford). I haven't driven a Cayman yet... so perhaps if I drove one I would want one... A GT3 would always be welcome.. but is way more than I could afford,, but simply put.. I really don't lust after any other cars. An E90 M3 sedan would be a nice "consolation prize".. but horrible mileage and super pricey (and now NLA new also... ).. I would have to look to the used market.

If I am unhappy with my 1M... then I might look for a bargain 997 GT3 or more than likely I would import an E30 M3 Sport Evo from the UK in a few years time.
Whoa! You summed up my thoughts exactly. It's almost like you read my mind right down to the E30 M3 Sport EVO.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #95
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
Whoa! You summed up my thoughts exactly. It's almost like you read my mind right down to the E30 M3 Sport EVO.

Leif W.

great minds!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #96
Sy546
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
Hasan !
So you are not taking any actions for against this S-itty dealership?
ill pm you what I'm doing. Don't want it open for anyone to read
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #97
Sy546
Captain
Rep

I am on my way to pick up a different VO 1M at a different dealership i found on Cars.com!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that sucks is it is $1000 over invoice, but it has a clear bra and paint sealant so i guess I'm stuck paying your crap i don't want but hey I'm not complaining!!

Lets hope this works out and i have pictures of my car in a few hours
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #98
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

Quote:
I am on my way to pick up a different VO 1M at a different dealership i found on Cars.com!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that sucks is it is $1000 over invoice, but it has a clear bra and paint sealant so i guess I'm stuck paying your crap i don't want but hey I'm not complaining!!

Hope it works out for u...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #99
iDave
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Pack

Quote:

Good luck !
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #100
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:

Screw that, tell that jackass dealership owner that took your car to go get that one and give you your original car back!

But good luck though, hope you get some sort of 1M.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #101
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 428i

Quote:

Good luck!!!
      09-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #102
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Screw that, tell that jackass dealership owner that took your car to go get that one and give you your original car back!

But good luck though, hope you get some sort of 1M.
Why would he want to give that ass anymore business? I say flip him a bird and go get the one with the clear bra and sealant.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #103
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:

$1000 over MSRP you mean? fingers crossed for you..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #104
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Why would he want to give that ass anymore business? I say flip him a bird and go get the one with the clear bra and sealant.
indeed.. and then edit the thread to tell us who the scumbag owner/dealer is.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 09-24-2011 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #105
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
My understanding is, since the buyer can opt out at this point, get his deposit back, so can the dealership. Dunno

Until the final purchase agreement has signed and money and car keys have been exchanged, nothing is really final before that point. Like I said, shitty move by the owner who probably didn't even know what a 1M was when the OP ordered his months ago...
This is why it's called "practicing" in law.

Contract laws can vary state to state, so much depends on the laws within the OP's state.

Most business owners have the right to refuse service to anyone, within reason.
In this case, however, the customer/OP did have a purchase, as shown by an order, a deposit, and a vehicle number assigned to him.

So it seems there is a form of written contract, and offer made and the offer accepted. That is shown by the BMW order, probably a receipt for the sale and the deposit.
On top of that, the dealers sales agent called to let the customer know that his car has arrived, and even made arrangements for the customer to come finalize the sale and take possession of the vehicle.

Granted that in some states a customer has the right to get their deposit back if they decided to not purchase a vehicle.
That is part of consumer protection, and does not necessarily mean that the business can cancel a deposit for any reason they choose.
Unless, their state law allows the business to also back out, at ANY time.

It sucks, and it's major BS that the owner is acting like a child at this point. He could have stepped in at any time before the order, deposit, and build to say he wasn't interested in selling. Yet, he choose to be an a$$ and take the car away from under a paying customer who has been waiting to get his car.

In the court of public opinion, we know this is wrong. But the law can be different sometimes.
The OP does need to make a big stink about this, to make sure he lets the dealership owner know that he wants the contract fulfilled.
It costs money to go to court when lawyers are involved. Does the owner really want that hassle over this?
Hopefully he'll come to his senses and realize it's not worth the risk to his dealership, from BMW, and more importantly from potentially lost customers, along with potentially losing in court.

Go get 'em OP. I certainly feel that car is yours as you are the one who made a purchase offer, it was accepted, you put in the order, received confirmation of that order, had a build number, and were contacted that YOUR car has arrived.

Good luck man!

Last edited by RPM90; 09-24-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #106
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Almost the same thing has happened to me. I put a non-refundable deposit at a very large dealership first week of March and told I was fourth on the list. This summer someone posted here how he was on the list at that very same dealership and couldn't wait anymore and got one from NY and drove it back across the country.

Upon reading his post I contact the sales manager and ask 'so that means I move one spot up on the list then?'. Answer a few days later: no sorry, the general manager has decided to take this allocation (was going to be the next car delivered at this point) for a company car. (yeah, "company car" my a$$).

And now here we are, I'm supposed to be getting the next car they receive but if you follow the allocation threads here it very much looks like I may be completely SOL at this point.

So I feel for you! But how the hell can you find a 1M on the lot for $1K over MSRP in less than a day????????
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #107
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Nothing guaranteed. One dealership said their GM guaranteed an allocation but it's not showing in their system.

Another dealership gave me a production # and it was 105 status but than it vanished in that bmw "glitch" and they are trying to rectify it.

Idk what to do honestly.
The dealer/owner is being very unethical.
You ordered the car and put a deposit on it, and you were given a build, and the car you ordered has arrived.
All of us feel it should be YOUR car.

I have to comment on your post here though.
You had another 1M on deposit?
And, another potential order from a 3rd dealer?
Were these all at the same time?

Last edited by RPM90; 09-24-2011 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #108
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Jeez, why doesn't the US have a normal car-ordering philosophy like anywhere else.
You sign, on paper, an order with description of what you buy as a buyer, and when it will be delivered by the seller.. If either the buyer or seller backs out of the order agreement, settlements have to be made.

How difficult is that ?

We don't even have to make any upfront payment or deposit.
And it seems in the US you have to, but from what I read here on the forum in fact your deposit ain't worth sh*t. Totally don't get that.
Different country different laws.
Is one better than the other?
Depends on who is being and feeling slighted.

Not all dealers require a deposit to put an order in.
Some states allow non-refundable deposits, some don't.
The business owner may also have some rights as well.
No laws are perfect anywhere in the world, not just the USA.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #109
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
The reason not to release the name is that if he releases the name, the dealership's reputation will then be damaged, thereby taking away some leverage that he has to get this car as promised.

I have to admit I'd like all the gory details too, but it really is in his best interest to try to get the car and then decide what to do.
To support defamation, the dealership would have to prove that the written (libel) disclosure of the dealership name actually caused damage to the dealership.
Plus, if what the OP is saying is actually true, then it will be difficult to prove defamation and damage.
When a person lies about someone else, and makes false accusation and comments, then there is a greater case for defamation.

If the OP is giving real facts, then I think it would be ok.
But, it's very important that the OP actually has real, verifiable facts.

It's the OP's choice though.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #110
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Hopefully he ends up with the other car, but it would still be worth reporting the original dealer to the Better Business Bureau and any local consumer advocates.