BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

DetailAddict- Bronze++ Addict, 2008 Lexus ES350

Customer just wanted our Bronze + Clay package + Light Interior + Leather Cleaning and Conditioning

Wash
- Camspray Foam Gun
- Detail Addict Water Softening System
- Detail Addict Car Soap
- Detail Addict Grit Guard
- Detail Addict Wash Mitt
- Detail Addict Waffle Weave Drying MF
- Detail Addict Engine+Wheel Cleaner
- ACE TurboStick

Clay/Polish/Wax
- Porter Cable 7424XP
- Detail Addict Backing Plate
- Detail Addict CCS Pad Set
- Detail Addict Medium Grade Clay Bar
- Detail Addict Detail Spray (lube)
- Detail Addict G-3500 Polish
- Detail Addict Liquid Wax
- Detail Addict Carnauba Wax

Miscellaneous
- Detail Addict Glass Cleaner
- Detail Addict Glass Towel
- Detail Addict Rub&Shine
- Detail Addict Dressing Sponge
- Detail Addict Leather Cleaner
- Detail Addict Leather Conditioner

First check out the wheels and tires

Not much to see on the paint since it was so dusty, can't tell until the wash. But we got some good bird droppings here and there

Start off with our Engine and Wheel Cleaner

You can see the brake dust already start running off of the wheel

Hit it with ACE TurboStick to get to the inside of the wheel

All CLEAN!

Off with the wash with pressure washer

We always pressure wash the wheels again after washing it

Get ready for our SUPER concentrated Detail Addict Car Soap!

Dual bucket with our Detail Addict Grit Guard is the key to a good wash

ALWAYS do bumpers last

Time to rinse off without pressure washer

This car has NO WAX

Blowing out all the water in the little gaps here and there

Just front part of the hood with our Detail Addict Medium Grade Clay Bar

Again, bumpers last!

This is why you NEVER scrape the bird dropping off!

And never leave it on the car for long

The hood need a bit more work, so we started with our Detail Addict G-1500 Polish. First prime the pad with our Detail Addict Detail Spray

Then prime the pad with the G-1500 Polish

Work on a small section at a time

After that, we have the finish it down with our Detail Addict G-2500 Polish to remove any possible hologram from the previous correction

Here is a cool trick combo we do for our Bronze package, Detail Addict G-3500 + Detail Addict Carnauba Wax + Detail Addict Liquid Wax

No need to prime the pad with Detail Spray, but do Prime with G-3500 and Carnauba Wax

Once again, small section at a time, but don't need to buff off between sections

While the wax is setting in, we work on interior. It's pretty new, but you never know how faded your leather is until you clean and condition it!

50/50

User our Detail Addict Glass Cleaner for a streak free finish. No alcohol and no ammonia

Clean with regular MF and finish with our Detail Addict Glass Towel

Our Detail Addict Rub & Shine is a water based product that doesn't sling onto the side of your car and give you a nice matted finish

All done!

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 01:51 AM   #2
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Dyou add just the soap to your pressure washer's soap attachment or dyou dilute it with like 50/50 soap and water in the container? Some would figure since theres water running thru it anyways theres no need to dilute, but most concentrated soaps are so thick it just doesnt foam properly without diluting it methinks.

I have an AR 1800 psi electric PW and it has a detergent tank attached to it, cycles the soap thru the system rather then thru a little container that attaches to the end of the stick. I had a slightly less powerful elec washer that had one like that and the thing hardly foamed at all, hoping this one will foam like it should.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

we always put ~2oz of soap in either the Gilmour Foamaster II or the Camspray Foamer and fill the rest with water. Our pressure washer is only 1500psi and is plenty good. I've use those soap tank that comes with the pressure washer and I have yet to come across one that would perform as good as the ones we carry.

Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Dyou add just the soap to your pressure washer's soap attachment or dyou dilute it with like 50/50 soap and water in the container? Some would figure since theres water running thru it anyways theres no need to dilute, but most concentrated soaps are so thick it just doesnt foam properly without diluting it methinks.

I have an AR 1800 psi electric PW and it has a detergent tank attached to it, cycles the soap thru the system rather then thru a little container that attaches to the end of the stick. I had a slightly less powerful elec washer that had one like that and the thing hardly foamed at all, hoping this one will foam like it should.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Well I tried using the AR elec powerwasher tonight, filled the detergent tank first with about 4-5oz of 2 diff types of Chemical guys soaps that are kind of thick, then I added distilled water on top of that, filled the tank up about 3/4. Turned her on and the washer itself runs just fine, but no foam. The ratio dial was set correctly, etc. but nothing. Took the detergent tank off and the liquid was flowing freely enough thru the little spigot that runs to the siphon, however im thinking the thick soap i added first ran into the siphon and clogged it up. I just bought some soap specially formulated for foamers and pressure washers online, we'll see if that makes a difference
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

hopefully that works out for you! or you can always PM me if you are interested in either the gilmour or camspray foam guns.

Leo

Quote:
Well I tried using the AR elec powerwasher tonight, filled the detergent tank first with about 4-5oz of 2 diff types of Chemical guys soaps that are kind of thick, then I added distilled water on top of that, filled the tank up about 3/4. Turned her on and the washer itself runs just fine, but no foam. The ratio dial was set correctly, etc. but nothing. Took the detergent tank off and the liquid was flowing freely enough thru the little spigot that runs to the siphon, however im thinking the thick soap i added first ran into the siphon and clogged it up. I just bought some soap specially formulated for foamers and pressure washers online, we'll see if that makes a difference
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Well to be honest the reason ive come to an electric pressure washer is because Ive tried all the other "foam guns" n such before all with crappy results. I mean first I started with the regular bucket method and then learned thru experience that that method will scratch the hell out of your paint the most. Then I tried several foam guns exactly like your gilmour and while they do spray nice foam, I found several problems with them. First, the foam they sprayed never stuck, mainly cuz theyre not high pressure guns and they go thru soap like theres no tomorrow. Also, both foam guns I used had the same type of trigger with the brass plunger, etc. and both times that plunger rusted or corroded and got stuck which caused the trigger to stick every time id use it, and this happened after only a couple uses. I just became fed up with that type of washing and id seen lots of great foaming results with pressure washers with built in detergent tanks because it siphons the soap and blasts it out thru the high pressure nozzles which allows for such thick sticky foam.

Im figuring with this soap i just got online, unless its bout the consistency of water, i plan on mixing some of it ahead of time with water and then pouring it in the tank since the tank drips down into its siphon whereas foam gun tanks, the water pushes thru the tank constantly mixing it. If this doesnt produce the results im looking for ill have to send the washer back as if thats the case then there must be something wrong with the siphon setup inside the unit (better not be!)

In all honesty im pretty exhausted with going thru all these different kits and setups for car washing. Spent money doing so and had to ditch several items due to lack of results. So im hoping this works out
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #7
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
By the way, how do those camspray containers work?? I mean i notice they have the threaded connection however with my washer and ive seen this with others, the ends of the high pressure lances are not threaded, they have their own tips that are non-removeable. The connection right from the gun part that hooks up to the water hose to the pressure washer, that connection is threaded, but without the lances you dont get the high pressure spray, you just get regular pressure water so I dont see how that would make any sense..unless that item is meant for a specific type of pressure washer that has high pressure lances with threaded tips on em or something
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Nice, but the wheel is still dirty inside, you can tell from the last wheel pic. I would recommend an EZ-Detail brush over that drill thing.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yep, you are right! Not trying to make excuses, but in the interest of time and customer's budget, we decided to spend more time on the polishing instead (for this particular car). our Bronze exterior usually takes 2.5hr and one step of polish. For this one, we actaully had to do some 3 steps on certain area and customer was informed of the trade off (as always in these kind of cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
Nice, but the wheel is still dirty inside, you can tell from the last wheel pic. I would recommend an EZ-Detail brush over that drill thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #10
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

man, that can be frustrating having to go through so many combos and not finding a good one. we usually mix at 8:1 water to soap ration with our soap and works out pretty good for us...

Leo

Quote:
Well to be honest the reason ive come to an electric pressure washer is because Ive tried all the other "foam guns" n such before all with crappy results. I mean first I started with the regular bucket method and then learned thru experience that that method will scratch the hell out of your paint the most. Then I tried several foam guns exactly like your gilmour and while they do spray nice foam, I found several problems with them. First, the foam they sprayed never stuck, mainly cuz theyre not high pressure guns and they go thru soap like theres no tomorrow. Also, both foam guns I used had the same type of trigger with the brass plunger, etc. and both times that plunger rusted or corroded and got stuck which caused the trigger to stick every time id use it, and this happened after only a couple uses. I just became fed up with that type of washing and id seen lots of great foaming results with pressure washers with built in detergent tanks because it siphons the soap and blasts it out thru the high pressure nozzles which allows for such thick sticky foam.

Im figuring with this soap i just got online, unless its bout the consistency of water, i plan on mixing some of it ahead of time with water and then pouring it in the tank since the tank drips down into its siphon whereas foam gun tanks, the water pushes thru the tank constantly mixing it. If this doesnt produce the results im looking for ill have to send the washer back as if thats the case then there must be something wrong with the siphon setup inside the unit (better not be!)

In all honesty im pretty exhausted with going thru all these different kits and setups for car washing. Spent money doing so and had to ditch several items due to lack of results. So im hoping this works out
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

it comes with the high pressure quick connect male end. But at the end, most likely you'll be limited by your pressure washer. If you have the standard quck connect on yours, you are good to go!

I'll send you a PM on soap...

Leo

Quote:
By the way, how do those camspray containers work?? I mean i notice they have the threaded connection however with my washer and ive seen this with others, the ends of the high pressure lances are not threaded, they have their own tips that are non-removeable. The connection right from the gun part that hooks up to the water hose to the pressure washer, that connection is threaded, but without the lances you dont get the high pressure spray, you just get regular pressure water so I dont see how that would make any sense..unless that item is meant for a specific type of pressure washer that has high pressure lances with threaded tips on em or something
Appreciate 0