BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #45
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

give the points to anyone you can, say your great grandmother was driving, use the einfeild or whatever his name was excuse.

also over pay your fine by 20 dollars, i've been told the fine then stays in limbo and the points don't get deducted till a credit is sorted out, could take forever.

or take it to court and say you need a car to drive for work, everyone i know who has done this has been allowed to keep driving. but you need to get as many charater references from teachers and doctors and directors as you can. its amazing what 10 or so character references will do.

also say if singleton can drive his bently at 200 and get caught and then get off because he argued his car was made to handle that speed and it was a first offence, why can't the same apply to me, and my clock read 2.28!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #46
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
also over pay your fine by 20 dollars, i've been told the fine then stays in limbo and the points don't get deducted till a credit is sorted out, could take forever.
tried this recently with my mrs and sadly it did not work.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #47
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

oh, it did sound a little too good to be true.

you could always fake your death then...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #48
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breville View Post
Unlucky on the license, that really sucks

I am one of the emotional ones on this subject as my mate's daugher was knocked over by a speeding driver in a school zone (over 60km/hr).
There are signs to warn us (do we really need flashing lights too?) and if we are not alert enough to realise it's about school zone time whilst driving past them then we need to think more about our driving. Do the crime, do the time...
Oh, and before I get shot down I have points on my license for dumb things, so I'm not suggesting I'm perfect!
I agree and if there had been kids out etc I would have slowed down for sure but what annoys me is the speed camera is around the corner from the schools entrance.... Personally I do not feel I was endangering anyone that day and 8 points and $253 is just another cash grab by a dodgy government... Oh well paid it today and will probably just take probation. Either way if my little fells gets sick and needs to go to the hospital I will need to drive even if I am disqualified.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #49
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
give the points to anyone you can, say your great grandmother was driving, use the einfeild or whatever his name was excuse.
Gotta admit did consider this and a mate with a clean license offered. Just could not do it, seeing we could both be up on charges if they investigated I decided it was my problem and to live with it
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #50
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Biggest thread hijack ever
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #51