BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
WingerRed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Convertible

Oil Pressure Relief Valve Leaking

I just picked up an '11 135i with 54,000 miles. The car is super clean and all the recommended maintenance has been done at the dealer. I have had one issue come up. The PO had a maintenance plan that still has time on it and the oil service notification came up so I brought it to the dealer for the oil change. They said there was a leak in the OFHG. I wasn't super upset because these things happen, but I wasn't going to pay the dealership rate for the repair. I took it to my indy who takes care of my X5, and he said the OFHG wasn't really leaking enough to fix at this point (I know, I know, but I didn't notice a leak when I checked it out before I bought the car either), but the oil pressure relief valve was actively leaking. I drove the car about 1,000 miles home from where I purchased it and the gauge looked like the car lost about 1/4 of a quart over that drive. Has anyone had this come up? I can't seem to find any threads on the oil pressure relief valve leaking. Just looking for some thoughts on this issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #2
Stewy_604
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i M-Sport

Not something I've seen or heard of being common leaking either, but I guess any failure is possible. From the schematic, it appears to be a fairly simple replacement, although access may be tight.
Appreciate 0