E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Northern Calif. Dealers

10-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #45
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1lm
2006 330i
Titanium Silver Metallic, ZCW, ZPP, Auto Tranny, PDC, Satellite prep.
Free Floormats.
BMW Of Mountainview

Total out the door - $43,501.79

So how do I figure out how much I paid over invoice?

JLM
Do you remember the name of the salesman/woman that sold you the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 12:50 AM   #46
2_Swift
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i GC F36

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by db17k
Do you remember the name of the salesman/woman that sold you the car?
'Michael Borbet' was the person I talked to via the phone about the car that I was interested in. The car was heading to a different destination and he said that he could get that car for me and gave me that quote I mentioned. Stevens Creek BMW was the first to bring this car to my attention but they were not able to match the price I got from BMW Of Mountain View. Anyways, Michael told me to stop by the dealership to put a deposit down. When I went the next day, he was not available and he had left his pal 'Lonnie Phillips' to continue where we left off. When I talked to Lonnie, he called the place where the car was supposed to go and did some kind of trade and was able to get the car for me. He also said that he could tell that I really wanted the car and that I didn't have to leave a deposit. So I left and only came back a few weeks later to pickup the car.

I have read/heard other posts about these folks but when I was dealing with them, they were alright.

JLM

Previous Cars: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive Sapphire Black Metallic - M-Sport
2006 330i TiAg
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 09:48 PM   #47
wheeler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i

In the greater Sacramento area Niello is the best known. I got the same salesman I had when we bought an '03 325i. He was LESS friendly and not eager to sell a car. He would only drop $500 from sticker on a '06 330i. Also tried to lowball my trade in $1000 below Kelly Blue Book.

Went to Roseville BMW and the sales person would not budge below sticker. He actually said I should buy a Chevrolet or a Ford if I want a discount. Arrogant idiot.

Called Valley BMW in Modesto - about a 1 hour drive away - and bought one over the phone for $1200 over invoice.

Only problem is that I had to order it, and I have to wait. and wait. and wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #48
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

u should of tried the dealers in the bayarea
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 10:11 PM   #49
jomamma
Rep
n/a
Drives:

TRAINING FEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionj_99
Yes,

$1k over. Shakeel Bagga at BMW Fremont... 510-360-5937. However, I did have to pay MACO (~$300) and a Training Service Fee (~$180).

Flip-side is he gave me free floormats...

Tell him you want the same or better deal as Sam with the Artic 330i

-Sam
DID YOU GET TO GO TO THE PERFORMANCE CENTER AND DRIVE A M3 FOR THE FEE? PLEASE SAY YES!!!

WHAT THE HECK IS MACO?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #50
jomamma
Rep
n/a
Drives:

NOBODY SHOULD PAY MORE THAN 1 LARGE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler
In the greater Sacramento area Niello is the best known. I got the same salesman I had when we bought an '03 325i. He was LESS friendly and not eager to sell a car. He would only drop $500 from sticker on a '06 330i. Also tried to lowball my trade in $1000 below Kelly Blue Book.

Went to Roseville BMW and the sales person would not budge below sticker. He actually said I should buy a Chevrolet or a Ford if I want a discount. Arrogant idiot.

Called Valley BMW in Modesto - about a 1 hour drive away - and bought one over the phone for $1200 over invoice.

Only problem is that I had to order it, and I have to wait. and wait. and wait.

NOBODY SHOULD PAY MORE THAN 1 LARGE OVER INVOICE.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 10:21 PM   #51
db17k
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1lm
'Michael Borbet' was the person I talked to via the phone about the car that I was interested in. The car was heading to a different destination and he said that he could get that car for me and gave me that quote I mentioned. Stevens Creek BMW was the first to bring this car to my attention but they were not able to match the price I got from BMW Of Mountain View. Anyways, Michael told me to stop by the dealership to put a deposit down. When I went the next day, he was not available and he had left his pal 'Lonnie Phillips' to continue where we left off. When I talked to Lonnie, he called the place where the car was supposed to go and did some kind of trade and was able to get the car for me. He also said that he could tell that I really wanted the car and that I didn't have to leave a deposit. So I left and only came back a few weeks later to pickup the car.

I have read/heard other posts about these folks but when I was dealing with them, they were alright.

JLM

that's a sweet deal! good job man, i'll talk to michael when i order mine! thanks!

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2005, 03:04 AM   #52
BayAreaBMWFan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328 2013

I have bought two cars from Steve Papa Hill (bmwbypapa.com). He is no-nonsense and nice to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #53
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

watch out for BMW of Mountain View bait and switch!!!

I talked this Micheal Borbat guy when I was looking for my 330i. After 4 phone calls and 3 emails to ensure/confirm the final out the door price. I sent my credit card# via fax for the $1000 deposit. The next day, he called and told me that he miscalculated the price by as much as $1700. How can a salesman who deals with number all day long and 4 phone calls and 3 email confirmation still made a simple math mistake? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I told him to f*ck off and chose BMW of SF instead. Be careful when you deal with him.
      11-17-2005, 12:14 AM   #54
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I picked up my 330i today from Danny Andrade of BMW of San Francisco. He's Anyone from SF Bayarea who wants a e90 should pay him a visit.

See my pics

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7652
      11-21-2005, 10:03 PM   #55
mistertwister
Registered
Rep
Drives: None Yet!

Money Factor in Bay Area?

Hi All,

Has anyone here in Northern California leased an e90 and received the standard money factor?

I'm trying to lease a 325i or 330i. I've called 3 dealers here in the Bay Area and after lengthy discussions, all three of them were unwilling to give me the standard BMW money factor.

They all want to mark it up (and of course pretend that they are still giving me $750 or so over invoice, when in realiity it is more like $1750.)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2005, 03:01 AM   #56
mistertwister
Registered
Rep

My (excellent) Experience at BMW of SF

Hi All,

Short Story: Go to Danny Andrade at BMW of SF, he and his assistant David will give you a fantastic deal and couldn't possibly be nicer or more helpful. Don't waste your time with Weatherford, BMW of Mountain View, Peter Pan, or Concord.

Long Story:

I just went through the process of getting a new Jet Black 330i 6-Speed with Navigation/Prem/Sport/Act. Steering/Comfort Access/ Sat Radio/Window Shades, etc from BMW of San Francisco. I leased at Invoice+MACO+$750 and all the "buy rate" standard acquisition fee ($625) and money factor (0.00195 for November.)

Years ago, with my '97 E36 ///M3 and later '00 E39 540i 6-Speed, I took my car to get service at BMW of San Francisco. The service people were poor, to say the least.

Recently I returned to the Bay Area and wanted to get an E90. I read all the detail on this site carefully and prepared a spreadsheet with my numbers. About $1000 over invoice with the "buy rate" acquisition fee and money factor was what I concluded would be a good deal and I was motivated to getting that deal.

I called my old salesman at Peter Pan BMW, and he told me clearly up-front that he wasn't willing to meet my criteria, then he tried to make a deal for me. He wanted to markup the acquisition fee and money factor. While he was up-front this time, back in 2000 when he leased me the 540i, he lied and told me that he was not marking up the money factor. I'm so thankful for sites like this one.

Next I sent out an email to nearly all of the dealers in the San Francisco area.

I purposely left out BMW of SF because of my negative experiences with them previously.

First Weatherford BMW in Berkeley responded saying basically "I have a 2006 325i with your lease package." After days of wasted time, the salesman refused to honor the original package, proceeded to hard sell me over the telephone and then later stated that he was "passing" on my offer. This was dishonest and I do not suggest anyone waste their time with Weatherford.

I received another response from BMW of Fremont. It was a cheeky response about "We do business for profit." Suffice to say, that went nowhere even after my attempts to compromise.

I realized that I hadn't emailed Concord BMW due to their distance from my home, so I gave them a call. After initial agreement on my deal terms, the salesman looked for a car for me. The car had the old MSRP so it had apparently been in the US for a while. After 2 days of wasted time, Concord too came back refusing to honor the original agreement and even claimed that there was no initial agreement (again, marking up the Money Factor and then trying to convince me that the car is still only $750 above invoice.) I later found out that this car even had damage on it, the salesman never even mentioned that. Don't waste your time with them either.

All the while, I tried out one of those online lease brokers (Sourcemotors aka SourceBMW). It too turned out to be a waste of time as they got me a deal that was basically MSRP + standard money factor/acquisition. They were extremely nice though.

Though I received no emali response from BMW of Mountain View, they are quite close to my home so I gave them a call. After more wasted time -- big surprise -- they were also wanted to markup the money factor. Although the salesman (Alec) was very nice, seemed to be out of his hands.

I also got some form emails from East Bay BMW, but no clear response to my proposal one way or the other.

Finally, I noticed someone on this thread said they had a good experience with Danny Andrade at BMW of San Francisco. I figured I had nothing to lose, even though I had those bad experiences with their service department. This was my last attempt -- it was either this or a Prius!!

Sure enough, Danny A. got back to me and agreed to my terms right away. He tried like heck to find me a car that fit me, was super honest and up-front about everything, including sending me PDF files of the deal terms to confirm. The guy is very tech savvy and this helped.

Danny was the best care salesman I have ever dealt with because he was 1. super polite and helpful 2. able to agree to terms without asking anyone else 3. made me a fair and honest deal right away without *ANY* BS at all.

The deal I got was INVOICE+MACO of $330+$750, with NO MARKUP on the acquisition fee or money factor. Of course, floor mats included.

If you are in the bay area, don't waste your time elsewhere, just build your spreadsheet, go straight to Danny, his assistant David will spend all the time you need explaining the features of the car, then drive away happy. I wish I hadn't wasted days and days with those other places.

Suffice to say, the 330i is awesome. I am totally in love with the iDrive+Bluetooth. I could only wish for better iPod integration. Performance is somewhere in between my old M3 and 540i. Very very smooth power while nice and tight with the unique 3-series feel. The active steering was not something I wanted, but now that I have tried it a bit, I *really* like it.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #57
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

i wonder what the heck MACO and training fees are...never heard of it until they offered to me $500 above invoice+maco+training...I liked the salesman though. AShraf @ BMW Fremont. Got me the exact car that i wanted. No bullshitting around. He was very patient with me- i was getting mad but he stayed calm and explained everything to me. Reason was i kept hearing all these fees. First the Maco, then the training, and then the car i want wasnt in stock so i had to pay for trucking. I thought i was gettin screwed over so i called another dealership and he said there isnt one with the options i wanted in CA and he also charges the MACO and training fees. So there you have, AShraf is one heck of a salesman. If he promises you something he'll do it. In fact, he was sooo nice that 2 of my aunts just bought 2 bmws from him. Go to him and tell him Kenny sent you.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2005, 11:23 PM   #58
mistertwister
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
i wonder what the heck MACO and training fees are...never heard of it until they offered to me $500 above invoice+maco+training...I liked the salesman though. AShraf @ BMW Fremont.
Hi Kenny,

Did you buy or lease? If you leased, did you check to make sure you were not paying a marked up acquisition fee and money factor? The acquisition fee should have been $625 and the money factor for a 330i was 0.00190 in November. Those things can up your price $200-$1500+.

I read on Edmunds that BMW of Fremont marks up the acquisition fee to $825. For reference, my lease deal with Danny at BMW of SF was Invoice+Maco+$750 with NO training fee and NO markup on either the acquisition fee or the money factor.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 08:57 PM   #59
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

i purchased it.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 09:01 PM   #60
pimpbyb1ood
Rep
Drives: 325

so wat exactly is the maco and training fees?

BMWe90, you were able to get the car for 500 over invoice, thas a really good deal, I'm from the bay too, maybe i should give fremont bmw a try...

what are your car specs? jus wondering y they didnt have ur car in all of cali...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 08:13 PM   #61
DC52E55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt157
berkeley did 500 over invoice too, i think i could of gotten even a better deal if i picked 1 from the lot. but they only had 325i, all the 330 was pre-sold.
is that weartherford BMW? can u please give me contact info?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2005, 03:57 PM   #62
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMaung
is that weartherford BMW? can u please give me contact info?
yes it is
i dealt with john m (on vacation) and ronny m. tell them i sent you, im sure you can get the same deal if not better.

kel
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #63
Airboy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Subaru

Recommendation for Nor Cal dealer for Euro Delivery

Looking for a dealership/salesperson recommendation in/around San Francisco area. Is $1000 over ED invoice feasible?
      01-21-2006, 01:08 AM   #64
eldo33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i B. Red/Terra

Garage List
2006 325i  [8.00]
SF BMW

Thought I share my experienced today at SF BMW. So I compiled a list of options to go with my 325i and emailed to a few Bay area dealers to find a good deal. One saleman from SF named Mike emailed back asked if I would offer him $100 over invoice. I was so surprised with that question and knew it might too good to be true. I emailed him I would offer that if I know how much the Maco and training fees were, he didn't responsed the amount so I called him. He didn't want to quote me and asked if I ever had time, just dropped by and call him.

So today I decided to take a drive down and check it out, called the number he gave me and left a vm. I thought he gave me his cell number but he gave me his desk #. When I got down there, they said that he was off today so they called him on his cell. He told them to refer me to Joe Liao and I would be treated the same. So I agreed and met Joe, after sitting down and chatting a few mins, I asked to test drive the 325 that had Sport package and so he did. We had somewhat good conversation during my test drive, etc. After we got back to his desk and started configuring the car on the website, I asked directly what he will offer on the invoice other than the MACO and training. He said those two fees were standard and cost $480 (300Maco + 180 training). I said ok, and how much over invoice. He asked how much did Mike give you and I said that he emailed me $100 over invoice. He said "No way, not possible" then he went on and said the 3 series is currently a very POPULAR car and that no dealers would give me less than $1000 over invoice. I kindly smile and asked "Are you sure?". He confirmed and told me again that it's rare and too popular and that on edmunds.com, there was a column that told me the cost of peole paying for it. I said "yah, but not everyone paid that price. I knew about many people that got the car bet. 500-1000 over invoice." He said, no way I could get that deal anywhere....so I smile kindly and just said "alrighty, we're done here" and smile and left.

Then I went to the reception and asked for Mike's cell and left a vm saying it didn't work out and too bad he wasn't there so we could talk. I left thinking what an idiot that saleman was...I didn't feel like telling him about this website and mention the other deals that people got from SF. Overall, it was quite an interesting and wateful drive down there.....thought I shared with you guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2006, 03:04 AM   #65
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

El Do33. If you want, check out BMW of Fremont. My salesman, Ashraf, gave me $500 over invoice plus floor mats. He was great to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2006, 03:06 AM   #66
db17k
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_do33
Thought I share my experienced today at SF BMW. So I compiled a list of options to go with my 325i and emailed to a few Bay area dealers to find a good deal. One saleman from SF named Mike emailed back asked if I would offer him $100 over invoice. I was so surprised with that question and knew it might too good to be true. I emailed him I would offer that if I know how much the Maco and training fees were, he didn't responsed the amount so I called him. He didn't want to quote me and asked if I ever had time, just dropped by and call him.

So today I decided to take a drive down and check it out, called the number he gave me and left a vm. I thought he gave me his cell number but he gave me his desk #. When I got down there, they said that he was off today so they called him on his cell. He told them to refer me to Joe Liao and I would be treated the same. So I agreed and met Joe, after sitting down and chatting a few mins, I asked to test drive the 325 that had Sport package and so he did. We had somewhat good conversation during my test drive, etc. After we got back to his desk and started configuring the car on the website, I asked directly what he will offer on the invoice other than the MACO and training. He said those two fees were standard and cost $480 (300Maco + 180 training). I said ok, and how much over invoice. He asked how much did Mike give you and I said that he emailed me $100 over invoice. He said "No way, not possible" then he went on and said the 3 series is currently a very POPULAR car and that no dealers would give me less than $1000 over invoice. I kindly smile and asked "Are you sure?". He confirmed and told me again that it's rare and too popular and that on edmunds.com, there was a column that told me the cost of peole paying for it. I said "yah, but not everyone paid that price. I knew about many people that got the car bet. 500-1000 over invoice." He said, no way I could get that deal anywhere....so I smile kindly and just said "alrighty, we're done here" and smile and left.

Then I went to the reception and asked for Mike's cell and left a vm saying it didn't work out and too bad he wasn't there so we could talk. I left thinking what an idiot that saleman was...I didn't feel like telling him about this website and mention the other deals that people got from SF. Overall, it was quite an interesting and wateful drive down there.....thought I shared with you guys.
Man, i'm sorry to hear that. this is usually the case with dealers in my experience in buying any new car. what you've gotta do is go into the dealership and tell them so and so dealership is willing to go this low (say 1000 over invoice, thats including maco & training, bullshitting the price or not), i've talked to people on the forums and i know there are better deals out there can you give me 500 over invoice 300 maco and 100 on training if not i've got to look elsewhere. and once they've heard the competition is going that low then they'll sell it 8 out of 9 times.

Appreciate 0