BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

AE H8 to H11?

Hi there

Did somebody tried to convert angel eyes bulbs from H8 35Watt to H11 55Watt? It is just a bit trimming required.

I wonder would lamp be not to hot can it damage/melt something?

If not so that would be cheap way for brighter angels...

Last edited by RimasRS; 10-04-2011 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep

Somebody?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I don't know about the bulb swap. But why? Can you not find the proper H8 bulbs?

One guy over here in DE (Specter88) was using these 100wt H8 from Japan... they worked for about eight months... then they MELTED the AE fiber optic cables inside teh headlight housing. He is looking on ebay.de for new headlights now! lol

I would stick with low wattage H8's.

FYI.. you can also have the voltage going to the AE raised. I did this on my car thru coding. It looks really much brighter and better. Standard OE bulbs... just no yellow now. I have been running that mod for about a year now.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
FYI.. you can also have the voltage going to the AE raised. I did this on my car thru coding. It looks really much brighter and better. Standard OE bulbs... just no yellow now. I have been running that mod for about a year now.
BTW do you know what module and paramater was changed to stip the dimming?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
BTW do you know what module and paramater was changed to stip the dimming?

Mine still dims. Its just the AE voltage has been increase from 8v to 10.5v I think. I had Thorsten at car-coding.de do my car. He has been great and knows his car coding software. 14 euros to have my AE coded.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Mine still dims. Its just the AE voltage has been increase from 8v to 10.5v I think. I had Thorsten at car-coding.de do my car. He has been great and knows his car coding software. 14 euros to have my AE coded.
Ah ok cool I know what to do - coded the digital speedo. Just need the module and parameter. no worries I'll find it thx
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #7
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't know about the bulb swap. But why? Can you not find the proper H8 bulbs?

One guy over here in DE (Specter88) was using these 100wt H8 from Japan... they worked for about eight months... then they MELTED the AE fiber optic cables inside teh headlight housing. He is looking on ebay.de for new headlights now! lol

I would stick with low wattage H8's.

Ohh... I don't want to melt my headlights that's for sure although I have already H11 in my pocket blue ones 55wats. And I believe they would look white and bright. Just don't want to take a risk.
And about coding I don't know they will still look yellow will not match xenon color. So I guess I will stick to oem or will look for some H8 blue bulbs....
BTW thanks for the answer lol I was ready to install them if not your story about melted headlights. Man that is the last thing I want. Though 55wats is not 100wats i'm still looking who tested that.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #8
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Ah ok cool I know what to do - coded the digital speedo. Just need the module and parameter. no worries I'll find it thx
Should be FRM module... Just changes will be in wert1 wert2 etc... So I'm not sure which is bright enough and which is still safe to run... I heard somewhere that safe to run is up to 12volts but that's your own risk.
If you will try some setup please share. Good luck
Appreciate 0