BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-06-2007, 04:36 AM   #23
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Scans of the current BMW Performance Catalog can be found here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...rmance+Catalog
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #24
imported_Scottish Racer
Registered
Rep
Drives:

BMW has big plans for the 1 series. I had an opportunity to speak with the manager of BMW Performance last year at Road Atlanta and he indicated there will be a big initiative with the 1 series, both cosmetically and performance.

The best part is all the products are covered by BMW warranty and if you are covered by the BMW Maintenance program they will swap like for like if necessary. So for example, if you have performance rotors installed on your car, then if necessary they will replace them with same.

Unfortunately you can't pay an up-charge to upgrade a component from the std to performance.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #25
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

I doubt this even registers on BMW NA's radar, but if performance options are not installed during original manufacturer, but by the dealer, SCCA no longer allows the car to compete in a SOLO stock class. Nobody cares but the 1/10th of 1 percent of us that will be doing SCCA SOLO.
      02-22-2008, 10:38 PM   #26
TwinturboBMW07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I am already set on the 135 because an entry level bmw that has 300hp thats like every guys dream car
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 11:07 PM   #27
TazioNYC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Racer View Post
BMW has big plans for the 1 series. I had an opportunity to speak with the manager of BMW Performance last year at Road Atlanta and he indicated there will be a big initiative with the 1 series, both cosmetically and performance.

The best part is all the products are covered by BMW warranty and if you are covered by the BMW Maintenance program they will swap like for like if necessary. So for example, if you have performance rotors installed on your car, then if necessary they will replace them with same.

Unfortunately you can't pay an up-charge to upgrade a component from the std to performance.

True, but the BMW Perf parts might be a little too conservative for the kind of people who would buy them. I've always been partial to the bigger tuners like Stillen and Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #28
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Random question, would a non-staggered 18in tire setup make a car ineligible for scca stock solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
I doubt this even registers on BMW NA's radar, but if performance options are not installed during original manufacturer, but by the dealer, SCCA no longer allows the car to compete in a SOLO stock class. Nobody cares but the 1/10th of 1 percent of us that will be doing SCCA SOLO.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #29
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep

Correct, it would no longer be eligible for a stock class (dammit!). I'm trying to figure if 225x40-18 Hoosier A6 r-comps mounted on OE 18x7.5 wheels will clear the front strut with their 9.6" cross section. I'm afraid they won't.
      02-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #30
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
You mean if BMW introduces a limited run of 500 135i gt, then those mods would be sanctionable?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #31
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
You mean if BMW introduces a limited run of 500 135i gt, then those mods would be sanctionable?
Yes, as long as they came from the factory in that configuration.
      03-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #32
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
That link with performance catalog is actually old.
Here is the new catalog that should be out after the 1 series launch.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3865&

Almost all of the Tii parts will be available. As well as the cross drilled rotors, and an intake with 25% more flow.

It will be intresting to see pics and pricing when it's out!!!!!
      03-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #33
ersatzS2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
I'm trying to figure if 225x40-18 Hoosier A6 r-comps mounted on OE 18x7.5 wheels will clear the front strut with their 9.6" cross section. I'm afraid they won't.
It will be really disappointing if you can't even fit a 225 hoosier on the front of the 1er (I assume As have the same cross section as Rs?) The only hard data I've seen for fitments so far is the Schnitzer catalog which lists 8.5s mounting 225s, so I was hopeful they'd validated all this. Are you allowed to use spacers in solo?

Back on topic: Is there any hard data that says bmw will offer a reflash or ecu mod? I will be very surprised if that is the case, since HP numbers are a key part of core product marketing strategy. In other words it makes it even harder to make the M3 value proposition case if 400HP is available from the factory in a 1er. I predict they'll offer all kinds of cosmetics, as they have already, maybe some suspension tweaks and other stuff, but not mess with boost... (which is where all the big gains are)
      03-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #34
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Honestly, I am really looking forward to Dinan and the new "BMW Performance Catalogue" from BMW. I will be looking at ways to differentiate my 135i from others. I understand that there are performance upgrades from PROcede and AA, etc. that offer ABSURD amounts of HP for reasonable cash. They are building there great reputation day by day and thats great. But me being a person in my early 20's, I am not going to dump endless amounts of cash into my 1 series b/c I did something out of warranty. I have other responsibilties and hobbies that require $$$ also.(I come from a large family of BMW's. I know the drill) In the end even if BMW or Dinan offers half the hp at half the price I'm probably going to go for that because of the warranty coverage. In other words, mainly because my ass will be covered somewhat. Both BMW and Dinans software and other upgrades should be out by the end of this year so lets see. Hopefully they will be not too much more than the $1300 PROcede charges for 75hp, 114lb of torque.

THANKS TO ALL WHO ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE AFTERMARKET WORK YOU'VE DONE TO YOUR CURRENT BMW'S
I think many feel the same way you do. I do not see the need to put your engine on the edge, unless you are into competitive drag racing. In auto cross and road racing, modifying your car puts you into a different class.

I have the fortune of waiting to see what Jim Conforti will come up with so that I can have my tune and play or compete at the track. My On'er will be heavily modified (+$15k) but only after I have had it a year to make sure it's a solid base (no lemon) to work from.

I have no problem Sharking it though, until I start my upgrades. I am very curious as to what Mr Dinan is working on with his StageII kit. Keeping my car legal is important to me for some reason, only because anyone can do it illegally, I guess!

I am a very furtive individual and my cars are an extension of me.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #35
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Correct, it would no longer be eligible for a stock class (dammit!). I'm trying to figure if 225x40-18 Hoosier A6 r-comps mounted on OE 18x7.5 wheels will clear the front strut with their 9.6" cross section. I'm afraid they won't.
Quote:
Yes, as long as they came from the factory in that configuration.
OK, excited but need more clarification.

If BMW releases a limited edition (ie club edition) Tii variant here in the US, would other 135i's be able to upgrade to those spec and still be considered stock?

I am very interested in knowing, This is one of the reason I have belayed ordering a 135i until fall or next spring.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #36
rajuncajun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

mikeo-could you use a spacer to push the wheel out just enough to fit the tire???

First, we need the performance catalog in english. Second, how can we order from Germany today?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #37
Impulse
BMW ONE
Rep
Drives: 93 RX-7 R1, 135i

Garage List
I want the crossdrilled floating brake discs. With the monoblock 6 piston caliper it will look real nice