BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-06-2015, 06:25 AM   #1
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Replace Brake Error, Red Car on Lift Light Advice?

Hey,

So long story short i was using INPA to clear the error memory from one of my modules and accidentally hit the button that did a brake bleed... Obviously the bleed screw/valve/nipple wasn't undone/open and INPA returned a message that said something along the lines of "Screw not open, Abort!" but i still heard weird clicking noise (imagine holding the head of a drill tight and pulling the trigger so it makes that clicking noise).

Right after that error message appeared - I get "Brake pads. Replace!" on my idrive and red car on lift symbol when starting the car and turning off the car. Also red handbrake symbol on instrument cluster on Took the car to my local guy to get him to clear the error but, no go.

Any advice on how to get rid of the error? I am of course going to actually get the brakes replaced (they were due soon anyway), but would a brake flush help? Have i royally screwed up something?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Anyone? Surely i'm not the only one to see this service message before...?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
JTB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

I had a similar error when I left the sensor disconnected on the brake fluid reservoir. I could imagine also receiving this when one of the brake pad sensors triggers.

If I were to guess, the timing for the brake flush and the error is coincidental.

Good luck,
2009 135i - let the modding begin!
Appreciate 0