BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
BoostedTerp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Performance Exhaust Review

I'd like to start this off by saying thanks to enigma135 and the guys over at VOB service dept today, dealing with them was absolutely top notch.

On to the good stuff! I was standing in the dealer's service area when I heard a rumble coming deep within the service bay, like a caged beast had woken up . I knew it had to be my car, and even through the glass door it sounded awesome! The car drew a crowd as I was picking it up, a bunch of spectators were interested in how "it sounded like that". Needless to say I was very pleased initially.

Driving impressions...well...I shut my radio completely off and had all the windows open the whole way home. Drone is basically non-existent, there is a slight harmonic resonance at very low rpms (ie taking off from idle) but the tone is virtually perfect. The only thing I was somewhat afraid of was the exhaust would be too loud, and other than cold starts being pretty noisy it is just right.

Aesthetically at first the exhaust left something to be desired as there was a layer of oxidation that had built up on the exhaust when it was installed, so it looked much worse than the black chrome tips on the stocker at first. However, I just spent an hour cleaning and polishing the tips with Simple Green and metal polish and they look fantastic now, just like a mirror! My tips stick out just the right length as well, I know that has been an issue for some but they got my tips to stick out just like the stock ones did.

Color me very satisfied, this is a great modification with an OEM part that really adds a lot of personality to the 1er.
      05-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Well said, I love my perf exhaust it totally transforms the car and adds a ton of ferocity.
      05-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
warpanda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/CR 135i

I'm getting drone at 2k with windows up after the car is warmed up. Any issues there?

However, congrats and it does sound excellent windows down!

Last edited by warpanda; 05-25-2010 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Forgot to say congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
BoostedTerp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpanda View Post
I'm getting drone at 2k with windows up after the car is warmed up. Any issues there?
I haven't noticed any...but then again my last car was a Mustang with some loud pipes on the back of it so maybe it's just a matter of perspective