BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
lochness_monster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

This sounds like a good deal???

Just bought a 2010 135i with 80,800 miles. Does this look like a good deal for $3,358.00 for 48 months and 75K mile coverage?

Standard Advantage Plus
ENGINE:
a) The following lubricated internal parts: pistons, pins & rings, connecting rods & bearings; crankshaft & main bearings;
camshaft, followers & cam bearings; push rods, valves, springs, replaceable guides, seats & lifters; rocker arms, shafts &
bushings; timing gear, chain, tensioners & retainers; eccentric shaft; and oil pump.
b) Timing belt; serpentine belt; water pump: Impeller shaft, bearings, bushings & housing; intake & exhaust manifolds;
engine mounts & cushions; engine torque strut; harmonic balancer; flywheel (flex plate) & flywheel ring gear;
mechanical fuel pump; dipstick & tube; and all pulleys.
c) All lubricated internal parts of the Vehicle manufacturer-installed turbocharger or supercharger. The housing is covered
ONLY if damaged by the Failure of a lubricated internal part.
b) Engine head(s); engine block; cylinder barrels; timing cover; valve cover(s); oil pan; dipstick & tube, ONLY if damaged by
the Failure of a lubricated internal part.
(If Diesel Engine, Turbo, or Supercharger has not been stated on the Administrator copy of the Application Page, along with
the corresponding surcharge being received by Administrator, NO Coverage will apply for these components/parts under
this Contract.)
TRANSMISSION:
a) All lubricated internal parts contained within the case(s).
b) Computer modules & solenoids; filler tube & dipstick; vacuum modulator; and internal linkage.
c) Transmission case, transfer case & torque converter case, ONLY if damaged by the Failure of a lubricated internal part.
TRANSFER CASE: Transfer case and all internally lubricated parts. (If 4WD/AWD has not been stated on the Administrator
copy of the Application Page, along with the corresponding surcharge being received by Administrator, NO transfer case
Coverage will apply under this Contract.)
DRIVE AXLE(S):
a) All lubricated internal parts contained within the housing(s).
b) Axle shafts; constant velocity joints; universal joints; drive shafts; locking hubs; locking rings; and supports, retainer &
bearings.
c) Differential housing, transaxle housing & final drive housing, ONLY if damaged by the Failure of a lubricated internal part.
AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING: Accumulator; condenser; condenser fan; condenser fan & motor; compressor, clutch, &
dryer, evaporator and expansion valve; blower motor.
BRAKES: Master cylinder; power assist booster; brake disc calipers; wheel cylinders; combination valve; self-adjusters. Note:
Does not include ABS systems.
COOLING SYSTEM: Cooling fan; cooling fan motor; and fan clutch.
ELECTRICAL: Engine Control Module; alternator; starter motor, drive, and solenoid; all manually operated switches; horns;
power door lock actuator; power trunk release; power antenna motor; power window motors & regulators; sunroof motor;
front and rear wiper motor and relay, windshield washer pump.
FUEL SYSTEM: Fuel delivery pump; fuel sending unit, and fuel gauge; fuel injection pump; metal fuel lines; fuel pressure regulator.
STEERING: All internal parts in rack and pinion; Power steering pump; steering main and intermediate shafts; power cylinder
assembly; power steering cooler; control valve; Pitman arm; tie rod ends; drag link/center link.
SUSPENSION: Upper and lower control arms & bushings; upper & lower ball joints; stabilizer shaft, links, & bushings; kingpins
and bushings; shackle bushings and eye bushings; torsion bars; spindles and spindle supports; coil & leaf springs; wheel hub &
bearings.
SEALS AND GASKETS: Seals and gaskets related to the covered parts listed above are covered, but only when required as a
part of the authorized repair or replacement of those covered parts. Leaking and/or failed seals and gaskets by themselves
are not covered parts.

Last edited by lochness_monster; 02-22-2017 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: more details
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
It's your typical dealer offered warranty with a nice profit for the F&I guy. To give you an idea I got one back in November through my local credit union. It covers everything but the headlights and radio for $2800, good for 60 months or 50k. It's a $0 deductible that includes roadside assistance and daily rental car allowance. If you shop for it on your own you can probably save like $500-600, however you would miss the opportunity to have it rolled into your loan payment. One more thing the price on the warranty is negotiable so push back and tell them to do better.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 1
atr_hugo325.00