BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #45
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

It all comes down to what you want the car for.

If you are interested in buying the 1er partly for looks then you should go for the 125i but if you really want a drivers car go with the 135i. The everyday person (somebody who doesn't log into 1addicts) will not know the difference between the 2 cars unless they see your badge on the back or if they race you.

To put it all into perspective my friend was intersted in buying a 135i so he took one for a test drive a few months back. He was absolutely blown away by the 135i in every way and he thought it was a blast to drive. The 135i that he tested was a base model convertible and the only option he had was Steptronic transmission. As far as performance goes he was blown away but as for the features he was still really really impressed.

At the time he owned a 350z and stepping up to the 135i even in a base model seemed like a huge upgrade. It's only when I started showing him the Options List that he realised there was so many more options that he could get. His first impressions of the 135i base model spec was that it was a great car and he would be more than happy to own one. Even though the little features and gadgets are funky and cool, nothing beats pure performance especially coming from a 225kw twin turbo.

You have to weigh up what you want and what you can afford. Not many people are given the option of choosing between the 125i and the 135i regardless of what options are available to them. Some people are stretching their budget to buy the 125i and it is a great car for what it is. But given that you have the choice you should really consider the 135i for what it is. The 135i has generated plenty of hype and it is considered the best bang for you buck by BMW in years.

The 135i is what all the excitement is about. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #46
bimmerfan15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I test drove the 128i and 135i both on two separate occasions. The 128i really has a lot of power. I would have been happy with it if I had gotten one.

That being said, once I threw the 135i in Sport Auto mode and disabled the traction control the word "128i" was never uttered again.
SOLD: 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
SOLD: 2008 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0