BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
one30five
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

unhealthy noise. please help

So I know that when you shut the car off the H20 pump can still run depending on motor temps. I hear that after spirited driving and its comparable to other friends with 135 & 335.

Today, however, I park and a horrible vibration sound is coming from engine bay. I pop hood with motor running and it sounds like its emanating from the motor itself. but when I shut it down the sound persist for like 15 seconds. It sounds HORRIBLE.

unfortunately I did not capture the sound with the motor off. I didn't exect it to continue and I stopped taping. plus the vid is from iPhone and wont attach.

does anyone have footage of a H20 pump spinning when its on its last legs?

I could kind of compare it to when you have your phone on vibrate and its on a wooden shelf or desk that is hollow. and it makes an obnoxious loud vibrating sound. of course coming from a motor bay it sounds worse and like death.

Last question - what all could still be spinning or even operating after the motor is off? IF the h20 pump is the only thing, then I have to believe that's my problem
Royal Purple|Motul|Mann Filters|LUX
Appreciate 0