BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
WP1
Private
Rep
Drives: White BMW 135i Convertible

Rear speaker out (with our taking the whole panel)

Hi all,

Hope this is useful to some of you.

My driver side rear speaker has been going bad for the past 6 months and I have searched here how to take out the panel of the 135I convertible. Believe I only found few posts, but was too much and I do not have the time and didn't want to pay around $300 to get this repairl

To me this was very important as it was very noisy, annoying and was hurting my son hearing. Those of you with the same problem will understand.

Well yesterday, I decided to peak around and see what I could do to "fix" this noisier speaker.

1. Took off the rear seat by just pulling.

2. Then I looked around the panel to see if I could see an access to the the speaker and at list disconnect.

3. Decided to pulled a corner of the panel and I hear it pop (I went holly shit, I broke it). But no...

4. I was able to disconnect the speaker, but decided to try and remove it. Took me a while to remove the third bolt hidden in the far end (they are 3 bolts to remove and they are in a triangle place)

5. pushed the panel back in (be careful with the strip the panel must go inside) and then put the seat back...DONE!!!

See the pictures....

Name:  Speaker2.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  197.9 KB
Name:  Speaker3.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  154.0 KB
Name:  Speaker4.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  119.2 KB
Name:  Speaker1.jpg
Views: 691