BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #67
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin View Post
these are the same wheels i want for the 1 when i get it. same size, but in a black finish. nice pics!
Like mine?

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 01:58 AM   #68
Boogie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwmcb View Post
Awesome car, what kind of a winter setup are you running?
Right now the wheels are still on stock Dunlop RFT tires which perform good in wet (couldn't test dry yet) but the ride is harder than my 19" Dunlops and they are very bad in the snow so I'll get rid of them. I have to get some winter tires anyway, but everything's sold out at the moment We're not used to having that much snow here so that might be the reason why I can't find any winter tires that I like (or on backorder 'til february)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Looks great, Boogie! Awesome pictures! Please post your long term review of the Beyern Mesh some time in the future, especially since you are using them for snow duty.

The reason I ask is that I've always wondered how durable they are, having a decent sized lip (looks great), but that they are not a stepped design. I would think they would be easy to deform.
The Beyern Mesh wheels seem to be good quality regarding strength. I've done about 40,000km (25,000 miles) on them and still no deformation on the lip. I have recently cracked one wheel but that's because I slipped of the road into the lower gras on a narrow passage and the inside of the wheel hit the pavement while sliding off. The tires also had a light stretch to them so I was very easy to hit the wheel

The paint on the wheels is good, even with very bad weather and only cleaning them every one or two weeks it shows no damage. The varnish on the lip has some slight damage on some parts, but not very noticeable. I will be polishing them high gloss anyway so that doesn't matter to me.

So overall I'm very happy with the strength and quality of the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comotu1 View Post
Love the pics like everyone else. Can you imagine what the pictures will look like with a DSLR camera! Amazing

I didn't have one yet at the time, but i've got some other pics taken with a Canon EOS450D
Attached Images

Last edited by Boogie; 01-16-2010 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: photo's upped in same size
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #69
Sidh135i
BMW Technician
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

sickk!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #70
Boogie
Private First Class