BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-06-2010, 08:39 AM   #23
mhx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goat

When the 911 was stock I would say it was a hair faster to accel. Prob a drivers race. I would say the throttle response on the 911 is smoother thru the power band. But thats a N/A engine for ya.

135i has a noticeable hesitation when you hit the gas. The 911 doesnt have that since its turbo less. I hate to use the word turbo lag its so small I wouldnt even classify it turbo lag.. I hope that makes sense.

He has mods chip/exhaust/high flow cat/intake he puts down more whp vs the stock 135i.

When I let him drive it. He was highly impressed with the 135i suspension, handling, & nicer steering wheel(the Mpkg one)

I dont know if you can classify them in the same class since the 911 was 50k, he bought it used with 6k miles on it, its a 2006 about 6mo ago.

But if your interested in a 911 for the future I would recommend one. At the end of the day there just both bad ass german engineered cars.

I drove alot of cars before I got this one.
Came from a 2005 GTO, that got totaled about a month ago now.
Before I got the 135 i test drove:
10, camaro
big fat pig. nothing compared to my gto
10, evo x gsr
great car, again broke back, rough ride like m3
10, rx8
nice car, never really consider it but was bored so i drove one, too slow for me, have to rev the piss out of it to get any power.
10, mazdaspeed3
drove this for shits since i drove the rx8
02 m3 used
the m3 was too rough of a ride for me. I fractured my spine 4 months ago so that option quickly went, plus it wasnt worth buying a used one the value on the old m3s dropped like rocks from 60 new sticker. The new 135 maint free for 50k..

none of these cars compares to the 135i.. Theres nothing else thats rwd, 300+hp, and handles well for the price.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
mhx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goat

o yah and my boss has a 01 m3, he even comment on how well the car handled without out the bumpy ride...
Appreciate 0