BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #45
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

I don't think it's a 30whp difference but it might be noticeable for sure with a tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #46
EVL1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project 1k 135i

When my car was completely straight piped, meaning no cats, resonators or any restrictions, I did lose a lot of torque but not much lost in power it was like 10whp and 30 torque. As soon as I installed a resonator in I went back to the dyno and I got higher power and torque than previous pulls. I also did a custom dyno tune right after that so the power and torque increased drastically I now have an exhaust cutout about midway through the system and with it open, on the butt dyno, it feels less torquey (if that's how you even spell it). Just loud. But the dump is always closed for racing events, unless I'm at Lime Rock, I want the car to be heard as its coming around the turns
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #47
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Snow
When my car was completely straight piped, meaning no cats, resonators or any restrictions, I did lose a lot of torque but not much lost in power it was like 10whp and 30 torque. As soon as I installed a resonator in I went back to the dyno and I got higher power and torque than previous pulls. I also did a custom dyno tune right after that so the power and torque increased drastically I now have an exhaust cutout about midway through the system and with it open, on the butt dyno, it feels less torquey (if that's how you even spell it). Just loud. But the dump is always closed for racing events, unless I'm at Lime Rock, I want the car to be heard as its coming around the turns
and I thought going full cattless would gain more power. I am FBO Cobb
Berk race exhaust (delete cat back)
Agency Power race mid pipes that have 2 race cats and catless DP .
did I lose power now? with setup
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 05:02 PM   #48
EVL1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project 1k 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates.Tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Snow
and I thought going full cattless would gain more power. I am FBO Cobb
Berk race exhaust (delete cat back)
Agency Power race mid pipes that have 2 race cats and catless DP .
did I lose power now? with setup
Honestly you should be fine with those race cats
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #49
WonWunONE
UMADBRO?
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

I'm full 3" catless from the downpipes to the tips.

Here's a video:

There's also a dyno video on my channel.

I think it sounds good

325whp and 345wtq on a parking lot dyno at 28*Celcius
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #50
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonWunONE
I'm full 3" catless from the downpipes to the tips.

Here's a video:

There's also a dyno video on my channel.

I think it sounds good
How does it sound from inside the car? I'm about to cut out my secondary cats and try that. I have Catless Downpipes and muffler delete now and you can hear it from inside the car but barely, plus I always have music on
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines.]
Appreciate 0