BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #111
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Squidge,
Sunset Porsche for genuine Porsche, Paragon - Jason for just about everything else along with Pelican. I like rmeuropean because their office is a few miles from me and if it is a small part they ship it from CA to CO and my wife picks it up from their office.

Some years ago I bought a set of Konis from Jason. I priced them for a week, but used Chuck and Jason for advice. Their price was about $6 for the four more than if I bought two here and two there. I mentioned that to Jason. He said he would drop the price. His advice, time, expertise was worth a lot more than $6, so I didn't ask for the reduction. Since then I just called up and got confirmation of my diagnosis, and ordered the parts.

Valvoline racing has 3,000 ZDDP I use it in the track rat 944S. I think that is about the highest ZDDP around. You don't need synthetic with the miles you will be driving. Zinc is more important.

Enjoy. I am jealous. My brother bought a low mile 09 C2S manual last week. Did I tell you I am jealous.
      09-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #112
squidge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1997 Porsche 911

Thanks, Tom!

I needed a replacement fan and got it from Sunset -- they had the lowest price in the country, the part in stock, and shipping was quick since they're close to me geographically. Appreciate the tips on the other vendors, I'll keep them in mind!

As far as the oil, seems like the previous owner has been using Swepco, which is a fancy dino oil as far as I can tell. I need to do some more research on what my best bet is going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
Squidge,
Sunset Porsche for genuine Porsche, Paragon - Jason for just about everything else along with Pelican. I like rmeuropean because their office is a few miles from me and if it is a small part they ship it from CA to CO and my wife picks it up from their office.

Some years ago I bought a set of Konis from Jason. I priced them for a week, but used Chuck and Jason for advice. Their price was about $6 for the four more than if I bought two here and two there. I mentioned that to Jason. He said he would drop the price. His advice, time, expertise was worth a lot more than $6, so I didn't ask for the reduction. Since then I just called up and got confirmation of my diagnosis, and ordered the parts.

Valvoline racing has 3,000 ZDDP I use it in the track rat 944S. I think that is about the highest ZDDP around. You don't need synthetic with the miles you will be driving. Zinc is more important.

Enjoy. I am jealous. My brother bought a low mile 09 C2S manual last week. Did I tell you I am jealous.
Appreciate 0