BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #45
opvaulet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liub View Post
I have front and rear H&R sways, was deciding on whether to install the rears but since Andrew sells them as a set, I thought why not. After installation I feel that I am having more difficulty getting power to the ground in my rears, and therefore my exit speed is slower coming out of corners. This is purely a 'feeling' and not proven by any means, but I feel there is merit in avoiding rears unless you have a LSD.
Try softer rear springs, like the Birds UK set up. Works VERY well with rear ARB.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #46
Bobbo
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liub View Post
I have front and rear H&R sways, was deciding on whether to install the rears but since Andrew sells them as a set, I thought why not. After installation I feel that I am having more difficulty getting power to the ground in my rears, and therefore my exit speed is slower coming out of corners. This is purely a 'feeling' and not proven by any means, but I feel there is merit in avoiding rears unless you have a LSD.
I had the same problem when I had both h&r bars in. Have gone back to the stock rear bar and the car hooks up much better now. I do have upgraded springs, shocks, lsd and camber plates though. A rear wheel drive car needs the rear of the car to follow the front into a turn or otherwise you won't get rear traction on exit and will feel like the car is skating and not gripping. The rear is better adjusted by upping spring rates than putting in stiff bars.

I would up grade springs and shocks first then do sways later knowing what I do now.

My experience anyways!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #47
Alpha Trion
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Non M bar is the exact same shape.

How much is the M bar there?
im doing a deal with swaybar makers here in Australia and they said it will be a lot cheaper than what is on the market right now. All we need is numbers of interest and they will make in mass and sell for cheap.

I have used these sway bars in all the cars i have had, including my race hondas and the s14 i circuit raced as well.

Selbys / Whiteline have been around for a very long time!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #48
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

Oem m3 bar can be bought for around 300-350 from the states. So I guess most will prefer them to the whiteline ones.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #49
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep

Also I have bought whiteline sway bars before and I think they were much less than $ 350?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #50
Alpha Trion
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Oem m3 bars will cost about $500 landed including shipping. Whiteline bars cost about $250 4 years ago. Go to Autobarn today and get a price close to $500 as well. $350 is a rough price I was given for a adjustable bar. It may cost more, maybe less.

I'm just doing the research and seeing if it's going to be worth it for anyone who hasn't done the mod yet. I know the product is top quality, if the price comes right I'll buy it!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #51
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep

Not knocking whiteline products, but Tischer qouted me around $185 of shipping cost for a sway bar, plus M3 front suspension parts. The e92/93 bar itself is around $200, so landed here should be no more than $350. I think that's what others have paid as well.

This thread here mentioned around $300 landed for M3 swaybar :http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=swaybar

Not trying to antagonise you, just saying myself would prefer the M3 bar if the whiteline one is around $350, and I plan to get one next couple of months.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #52
opvaulet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1 series

However, if someone made adjustable bars for similar money, then that might be interesting!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #53
Alpha Trion
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
Not knocking whiteline products, but Tischer qouted me around $185 of shipping cost for a sway bar, plus M3 front suspension parts. The e92/93 bar itself is around $200, so landed here should be no more than $350. I think that's what others have paid as well.

This thread here mentioned around $300 landed for M3 swaybar :http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=swaybar

Not trying to antagonise you, just saying myself would prefer the M3 bar if the whiteline one is around $350, and I plan to get one next couple of months.
that's cool, i'm just looking for the best deal for all of us. I might just keep it simple and get the m3 bar from that link!

Will keep you guys posted when i hear back.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #54
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep

unitedBM no longer ships oversea, try getbmparts.
Appreciate 0